YELLOWBOOK Employee Reviews

Competitive Work Place
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2017
I started my career at Yellow Book. Although, I had many sales jobs in high school and college, this was my first career. This is where I learned most everything about sales. This was fast-paced business-to-business sales. We sold yellow page ads to any business, and there were no protected territories. It was survival of the fittest. This is where I learned to prospect, cold-call, set appointments, handle billing & customer service, and most definitely where I learned the hard close. I owe a lot to this company. Unfortunately, technology surpassed the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to call on any business. Everyone was a potential client.
Pros
No Territory Boundaries
Cons
No Territory Boundaries
looking to work in a friendly environment and to gain more experience.
Yellow pages delivering (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2017
My days of work where quite enjoyable hardworking and i have learned doing this job hard work pays off and the hardest part of the job to me was just working in the hot sun when there would be sun.
no review given
Telephone Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 1, 2017
I do want to give a review as I feel that this should be done by a large group of employees and I would further add it was a great learning experience.
The sales training is exemplary
Client Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 24, 2017
Learned the busier you are, the more productive you are. I managed 212 assigned accounts while selling 3-4 new businesses a month.
Incentives and promotions were given to producers.

I was responsible for ad copy and contracts that I processed from my laptop which had to sync every night. I effectively met deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being a mentor. I learned that following the basic steps of the sell results in the most closes. I saw how a natural sales delivery, combined with dedication, determine the success of a sales consultant.
Pros
Achieved $75, 000 annual income with $32, 000 base consistently
Cons
My canvass manager, a great leader, left the company.
Excellent work environment
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJuly 12, 2017
I was a top sales representative, great support, excellent work environment, great training always there to help and support the sales team,great isentives
Pros
outside sales flexible schedule
Declining Industry
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 11, 2017
Yellowbook is now HIBU. Publisher of traditional print yellow pages and online advertising. Product mix includes Search and online display advertising.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Declining Industry
Salespeople are Fun, Good Pay & Benefits, Less Drama Would Be Nice
Accounting and Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 8, 2017
Yellowbook pays well and offers nice benefits for Full-Time employees.

The Salespeople are like a family at each office, which is mostly good, however, there is also a lot of drama. It is good to stay out of the backbiting and reporting on one another abut juicy bits, take things with a grain of salt. Most of the time everyone is great :-)

Good people, nice place to work, avoid the drama, enjoy the good parts.
Pros
Nice People, Good Benefits
Cons
Regular Drama
The environment was outdoors but fun.
Private Contractor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 28, 2017
Yellowbook allowed me to see how a business works by contracting out jobs. I was allowed to deliver the books by completing routes and then reporting back to the manager.
High stress and very unprofessional
Executive Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 4, 2017
Lack of training and support from employees and management, toxic workplace culture with a lot of mistrust and unprofessional procedures and no job security
sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2017
Chase has been a very good job, I have enjoyed my job and there are very few changes I would make to the company. It has been a great experience. Good advancement and good leadership
Fun and Fast Paced
Senior Inside Sales Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 26, 2017
Management works hard to make work fun and rewarding with contests and incentives. Management really cares about the success of each employee and works to improve their skills.
Challeging
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 4, 2017
I was a Collections Coordinator at Yellow Book USA. My primary responsibility was to contact customers regarding delinquent payments on their account. I found my experience there to be a bit stressful at times but it helped me develop my patience and empathy skills.
if you were willing to put the time in, they rewarded you
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2017
cold calling, phone calls, working with existing clients
you were are your own boss, you make your own schedule, if you did well. great training and support
Pros
made your own schedule, rewarded for performance
Cons
work a lot
Fun work place, freedom to sale, no mirco management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2017
Managers made work fun. it felt great to get up in the morning knowing that we got to sale, make money, have fun doing it, and being rewarded from our hard work with bonuses.
Pros
Awesome bosses and freedon to sale
Cons
non
good company to work for
Administrative Asst, Commissions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2017
Southern Directory became YellowBook USA, they were good on staff, location and pay was decent. The benefits were good. When they merged they closed the department moved to another location.
survey yellow book
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2017
the management was up front and easy to work for, the work was some what strenuous in that it required some lifting of heavy phone books up and down streets with hills,
Pros
own boss
Cons
wear and tear on car
Great camaraderie and results
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 4, 2017
This was a great place to work until the Internet made the Yellow Pages irrelevant beginning in early 2006.
YB had great managers, fun incentives, solid camaraderie and very positive results starting up a new directory in a tough market.
Pros
Mutual support and achievement bonuses
Cons
Forced fun night!
Format won't change
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 29, 2017
Dying industry and company won't change format. Need to review their products and change to fit the current demand. People were not rude or mean but management has unrealistic goals.
Employees are like cattle
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 28, 2017
All about the numbers, sales associates packed into a small office, expected to be on-sight. Management not available for support. You're only as good as your last sale
Pros
Direct interaction with customers
Cons
Not respected
Trying to become something it is not.
Client Services Executive (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 24, 2017
When the yellow pages started to decline in usership they went into a mode of trying to change and it did not work. They tried different products with little to no results always with the idea that the next best thing will bring the company to growth.
Pros
Was a great company when they focused on the core value of bringing value to the end user.
Cons
Doesn't know what it's identity is any longer.