YELLOWBOOK

YELLOWBOOK Employer Reviews

Helping Clients
DIGITAL MARKETING SALES LEAD (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJune 20, 2014
A typical workday was spent with my or my team's clients and prospects developing their online marketing strategies.I became Google Adwords certified so I learned how to help clients to increase revenue through their online efforts. My colleagues and leaders we inciteful and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was pulling away from my work – more... at the end of the day. the easiest part was helping our clients. – less
Fun Environment to work in
Office Manager, Wethersfield sales office (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJune 18, 2014
Pros: interaction with fun personalities in the sales office and a relax environment.
Cons: the office was changing over to digital contracts which left me less work.
E-mailing, filing, ordering office materials. I was responsible for answering phones, editing contracts and setting up UPS shipments.
challenging
Account Representative (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJune 13, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hard cold calling door to door mostly new
Enjoyed the team support and incentives for sales team to achieve together to make our goals.
Fun atmosphere.
Interactive on-floor department environment, but largely a stagnant culture
Associate Campaign Analyst II (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 7, 2014
Pros: easy, up-to-date culture
Cons: low compensation
Management demands a high workload at low compensation. Repetitive, mundane activities. Hiring and promotion freeze has made recent work difficult to incentivize. We each individually deal with 250+ customers, 250+ sales reps, and 250+ sales manager, so time management is difficult.

My co-workers are very nice and similarly aged, however, there is – more... an overall negative feeling on the floor with lowers department morale.

Overall, hibu (formerly Yellowbook) has taught me how to operate in a corporate structure, but the overwhelming debt that the company is in has delayed any growth, potential, or movement. – less
Fun work-place
Associate Manager-Contract Entry (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 21, 2014
Pros: acknowledgement of employees for their hard-work
Cons: when they closed us down due to economy
Great work-place. Having an awesome department was the highlight of my day. A team that always showed up ready to work and always supportive of each other. Hardest part of the day would be our deadline which was every other Thursday when all contracts had to be entered by a certain time. No fear though, our department was ready to conquer all.
Delivery Specialist
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, TNApril 8, 2014
Good temporary pay before Christmas. Pick up books deliver and within a day or two return manifest and you are paid within 3 or 4 days.
Fun work environment
Sales-Advertising & Marketing (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: benefits & fun working environment/people
Cons: sales goals & job security
Great co-workers fun work environment and team activities encouragement. Hardest part of the job was the sales goals and meeting them.
Well Organized
Telephone book Distributor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: excellent schedules
Cons: close for certain weeks
Yellowbook I find are well organized. The same person will have multiple tasks, which makes things easier with less confusion. The hours of work are very flexible.
Filed a hostile work environment report with HR and was terminated. Management churns and burns sales people that are new to Premise Sales.
Media Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 21, 2013
To keep core Premise Sales Team with good numbers, management churns and burns new sales reps by giving them the unstable customers, bad geographic sales zones and unrealistic goals. Will cut your pay. Your pay never grows because your client base is always cut. Your good customers are shifted to other Tsales reps. You never see advancement unless you – more... are related to management somehow. They hire new managers outside of cedar rapids not from within, even though many are qualified with MBA's.
Reported the hostile work environment to human resources and was terminated 4 weeks later. They discriminate, they manipulate, they threaten, they change directions weekly, they will take you into an office and read you the riot act for 45 minutes, even when you are doing well. You cannot say anything counter to management ideas in meetings or are threatened with termination. Avoid Cedar Rapids Premise Sales at all cost. 50% of all reps gone within 3 years. – less
phone books
deliering books (Current Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 30, 2013
Pros: pick your owne hrs
Cons: bye your owen gas
bagthe books then deliver them to the porhes of the houses .I learened how to delier to addreses.no coworkers.hardest part of job is rain best is warm weather.
Do not get suckered in!!
Tele-Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Effingham, ILNovember 25, 2013
Company is circling the drain and grasping at straws while sacrificing integrity and self-respect. With every sale, I felt like I was lying and ripping every customer off.
Crazy world of advertising with a downward sliding company
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Bend, ORNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: little notice that i would be traveling to other markets.
There was no typical day. When dealing with 2 offices - 5 hours apart and a sales team of 10 to 12 people, everyday came with its challenges and rewards. As the work load increased the compensation did not. This is a very hard company to work for. The expectations for all employees is very high.

I enjoyed the management piece and the coaching and training – more... of the sales people. It was very rewarding when I was able to advise a rep on a account and the look on their face when they closed the deal was fantastic!!

I trained and received my Google Certification, became very good at multitasking. – less
Yellowbook
Account Representative - hibu / yellowpages (Former Employee), tulsa okOctober 8, 2013
Pros: left alone - great if you are self motivated
Cons: training lacks, no help from others, fired when you don't succeed
Yellowbook is a hard company to work for. I am fortunate that I have a very high work ethic and am very self motivated. Employment with this company is like a revolving door. employees do not last very long as the training lacks one on one help to make sure you understand. There is no time to help each other learn and when you don't understand you are – more... looked down upon. one of my bosses once told me that with yellowbook you will either sink or swim. You are left alone do survive. – less
Going Under
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 10, 2013
Product offerings are overpriced and out of date. Management is outdated with lots of old sales reps who got to management selling print and don't have the technical capability or mental capacity for the transition into a digital company. Fear is their only motivational play and management uses it daily. Plenty of product training, no sales training – more... after initial hiring. Antiquated sales and prospecting model.

Bad experience, no support, stay away! – less
Pretty good job
Client Services Executive (Current Employee), Boise, IDAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: too much pressure to sell multiple products about half which don'w work for customers
The company is dying as a result of the yellow page industry fading away. They are trying to convert to digital but a little too late.
Company was just taken over by creditors and shares are now worthless.
The people I work with are amazing.
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: they are established customers
Cons: they are trying too many things all at once and perhaps a little too late.
I have specific markets that I call to up sell existing customers.
not so fun
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2013
As the company workload increases the compensation decreases. Not a good trade off.
A great place to work
Quality & Process Analyst II (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 10, 2013
Now called Hibu - Yellowbook had a great working atmosphere. Slumps in the economy demanded cuts in the workforce, unfortunately and a lot of my friends and former co-workers were hurt by the layoffs. However, it was a fun environment. Like any large company there were some fantastic managers and some that were not, but overall it was a great place – more... to work. – less
Not for everyone
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), West MichiganApril 10, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: hours and pay
12 plus hours a day, lots of stress for 40k. Good health care, long hours pulled in a lot of different directions.
Review
Media Sales Consultant - Consultant Outside Sales (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 3, 2013
Pros: high compensation, confidence & rewarding
Cons: high stress environment
This company gave be great benefit in perfecting my sales ability in moving forward in my career in sales. I would recommend this company

1 2 3 4

About YELLOWBOOK

Let your fingers do the walking through Yellowbook.¬†Founded in 1930, Yellowbook is one of the country's oldest and largest independent – Read more