YELLOWBOOK Employee Reviews

Fun environment with supportive group of peers adn on going training
Sales/Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 28, 2016
It was a great position to get to know the clients and build a fabulous working relationship. responsible to find new business in assigned areas and that could be a little challenging but was designed for a culture of working with peers to not over step on each other.
Pros
relationship building environment
Cons
Yellow book paper directory lost so much use and viability
management had a hard time dealing with the industry declining
Outside Sales Media Con (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 15, 2016
Management did not handle declining yellow page usage professionally, instead of getting creative they became angry.
Yellow Book has since been sold.
Pros
great comissions
Cons
the amount of time spent in small territories
Great career
Graohics and Data Entry Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2016
Yellow Book closed the West coast division down in 2007. it was very challenging meeting he deadlines for print. we had over 330 titles printed each year. I managed both graphic and data entry departments. keeping up with deadlines, accuracy and quality checks as well as design of the ads.
The company started out as a little directory printer. So, most of the original management team were very close and had a clear picture of where they wanted the business to go. At that time it was TransWestern Publishing. Yellow Book purchased it in 2006 and they closed the facility down in 2007.
Pros
Very good learning experience and long term career
Cons
Being bought out and closed
Media Consultant
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 26, 2016
Large company that mainly deals in Print, they are trying to figure out how they can carve there position in the digital marketing industry. outside sales b2b
Job Security is not great
Regional Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2016
"No one uses phone books anymore" is a phrase you'll hear everyday while working for this company. Management constantly makes questionable investments buying up failing companies.
Pros
Locations off over the US and England
Cons
The end is probably coming soon
Scam company. Ck them out
Customer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 12, 2016
Yellowbook phone # is discontinued. Delivery person just stole all the fruit from my tree in my yard.....no one takes responsibility for this. Can't reach a live person on the phone. Will call police
Pros
Cons
Dishonest people
Challenging
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Federal Way WAMay 25, 2016
Working for yellowbook was fun. I did lot of traveling and was very sad to leave the company. I was given lots of growth opportunity and took them.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lots of travel
YellowBook
District Sales Manager / Corporate Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 18, 2016
If your starting out in the marketing industry Yellow Book is a great place to start. They have many products and services that are good for the local business.
contract
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
this was a contract job I worked doing this for a few years because it was contracted out making primarily the boss. This company is where we te contractors delivered the yellow books to homes and businesses it was a lot of work for next to no money. it was a job that really was there when you had no other work.
Pros
none really
Cons
not enough pay for the work
Productive workplace with positive team players.
Senior Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at works consists of me providing numerous financial reports to various departments. Management and my co-workers are very helpful and we all work as team. I enjoy what I do, therefore there are no hard parts to my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide meaningful analysis to other departments.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Health care

Want to know more about YELLOWBOOK?

Ask a question
good old times
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 3, 2016
It was a great company, too bad they are falling apart. they care about their employees and they are very active in the community but they are not growing at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the public and coworkers.
Pros
No Job security
Prefer not to
DNS Website/Email Support Tech (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 2, 2016
I have been employed at this company formerly know as YellowBook USA for for the past ten years, and in that time i have survived multiple layoffs and have worked under different managers. I have no real review to give other than I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere for employment.
Yellowbook
Territory Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 18, 2016
Great income potential while having the opportunity to work from home. Extensive training in sales systems and strategies. Supportive management team. Learned time management.
Great company culture with rewarding compensation plans.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2016
I had an amazing career at Yellowbook. I enjoyed my co-workers and clients. The opportunity to succeed was presented to all team members, all you had to do is work hard and embrace the possibilities.
Pros
Outstanding Compensation Plan for Over-achievers
Cons
Difficult during transitional times
Declining Industry
Sr. Financial Analyst/Archival Library Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with. I was there approx 5.5 years and you could tell the morale was slowly deflating. I was released as a reduction in work force, otherwise I probably wouldn't have left on my own.
Employees are just numbers.
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 3, 2016
The locally owned company I worked for was bought out by this company. They treated the sales team like garbage. They demoted my sales manager (of 10 years) and let some very talented and experienced sales reps go. I couldn't take the way we were treated so I jumped ship.
Don't do it.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 2, 2016
It is a job for a sucker.You use your car, Your gas, Your cell phone. Not to mention wear and tear on your car. A route so large you can not finish it in the time limit they want. If it is not done in their unreasonable time limit or manor that they set you. You do not get payed. If you ask for an extension and finish. You make $1.79 an hour After gas. You can not though them in the drive. You must walk them up to the door. If one person calls and tells them they found it in there drive or complanes for any thing. You do not get payed for the whole route. They hold your pay for one week then deposit it on a card that you have to pay to get your money out. This job is easy to get and not hard work. But you will not make money no matter how hard you try. Most routes require two people at the same rate of pay as one. They will hire anyone stupid enough to agree or desperate for a job.This is a scam don't do it.
Pros
no pros
Cons
yes there cons
I loved the people I worked with and helping people find a job.
Advertising Executive (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 15, 2015
Maintained and built positive relationships with prospects and existing customers.
Increased market share by winning new customers and selling new
solutions and media opportunities to existing clients.
Account Management, problem solving and profit reporting.
Responsible for increasing revenue amounts on existing accounts on a monthly basis.
Managed sales activity using SalesForce CRM, Customer service and problem resolution.

This was a great company. I had to move back to Utah due to a divorce.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
I had to move to Utah due to a divorce
Valuable Finance/Billing Management Experience
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 2, 2015
Being my first corporate job experience, the company really opened my eyes as to how a large organization operates. My internship position provided me with great experience in regards to billing and invoice management. I have to say the culture could have been a little more positive - but a great opportunity for those first starting out in their careers.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Culture could use a refresh
Ever-changing enviornment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 28, 2015
Allowed for a lot of personal and professional growth. Was afforded the opportunity to continue education. Chased an elusive goal and typically rolled out products/processes/systems prematurely
Pros
Initially, while Pindar and Adworks, benefits package was excellent
Cons
Micromanaged, changes to product and process happen too frequently, you are not valued for loyalty or committment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YELLOWBOOK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6