YELLOWBOOK

YELLOWBOOK Employer Reviews

Excellent people & meaninful experience
Manager - Database Management (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 15, 2015
Declining industry lead to quality and product sacrifice unfortunately.
Solid and passionate people. Departments forced to offshore multiple areas of responsibility due to economic situation.
Senior leaders took calculated risks that were agreed upon by majority of employees, but could not overcome the drastic decline in revenues.
Productive great atmosphere
Listings Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee), Gulph Mills, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: great people, company functions, flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed Hibu. Great people management and learned a lot. Opportunity to grow as a person. I enjoyed going to work and interacting with great people. I learned a lot from different departments.
So long and thanks for all the fish...
Newly departed (Former Employee), Just north of HadesNovember 18, 2014
Pros: endless source of cranial oscillation
Cons: see indepth review below...
Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
However, in business we often try other strategies with dead horses, including the following:

1. Buying a stronger whip.

2. Changing riders.

3. Saying things like, "This is the way we have always ridden this horse."

4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.

6. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.

7. Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.

8. Creating a training session to increase our riding ability.

9. Comparing the state of dead horses in todays environment.

10. Change the requirements declaring that "This horse is not dead."

11. Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.

12. Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.

13. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."

14. Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.

15. Do a Cost Analysis study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.

16. Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.

17. Declare the horse is "better, faster and cheaper" dead.

18. Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.

19. Revisit the performance requirements for horses.

20. Say this horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.

21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.
Great place
Third Party Debt Collector (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 6, 2014
High paced call center. Required to collect debts daily as well as provided high quality customer service.
productive and fun place to work
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAOctober 28, 2014
The same company as HIBU. the name changed in 2009 i appreciated & enjoy my 24yrs w/the company. a great place to work.
a
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 19, 2014
Business Development Representative 1/15/2005-8/22/2014
Hibu/Yellowbook
Cedar Rapids Iowa – Local Sales in Oakland and Macomb Counties
• Acquisition of new Website, Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization and Online Display advertising customers
• Facilitated and led multiple sales trainings within the organization on lead generation
• Prospecting daily for new business prospects in an highly competitive market
• Establish appointments with Business Decision Makers
• Research Business to provide appropriate digital solutions – SEM/SEO/Website Development/Facebook Marketing
• Prepare & Present via IPad personalized digital solutions proposals
• Conduct independent research into current Website development and Google Ad Words trends
• Initiate order process and ensure that the customers products/services passed through all Hibu corporate departments to completion
• Ensure smooth communication on multiple levels: Customer-Management-Corporate to ensure a positive customer experience
Company who is struggling to evolve
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 18, 2014
Yellowbook was a great company to work for from 2001-2007. After 2007 the company added products that were not yet ready to be launched therefore experienced much customer dissatisfaction.
No matter what, we always got the job done.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYOctober 10, 2014
A bunch of very nice managers & coworkers, always played as a team, lots of jokers,the hardest part was to say goodbye.
Daily Customer Service Life
Customer Service Inquiry Rep (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: acknowledgment and rewards by the company for hard work
Cons: constant lateral movement without advancement
Great work-place. Having an awesome department was the highlight of my day. A team that showed up ready to work and always supportive of each other with the common goal of providing great customer service and keeping our service level above 90%.
Good work experience, company is not stable
HIBU WEB EDITOR AND COPYWRITER (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 19, 2014
The work experience, workplace, and employees are all very passionate about their work, the businesses they work with, and the overall value of what they are doing. However, the business has made and is continuing to make large restructuring leading to lack of job security, changes in job titles, salary, and location.
Train wreck
MAGAZINE EDITOR/PUBLICATION MANAGER (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: too much work, too much irrelevant paperwork/busy work
A typical day consisted of sitting at my home office desk from 8 a.m. - midnight every day. I was hired as the editor of nine magazines which were also my responsibility to launch in nine separate communities. I was responsible for all content (apart from ads). I was given no travel budget and no support staff. It was my job to find every article to fill 9 magazines with 48 pages of editorial content every month. I would either have to find people to write it for free or I would have to rewrite flyers, emails, press releases or just read websites and write articles in my own words. Because I wasn't given ample time to do the job of really reporting, the content was mediocre at best. It was exacerbated by the fact that my boss, though a clever wordsmith, was young and did not have any experience managing people, nor did she have experience doing my job. Little, if any, technical support was given. Training at the company's headquarters was excellent, but it was all down hill from there. No surprise the company filed for bankruptcy a few days after they "fired" me for not completing my work. Most of the other people who worked there who held the same title only had four to five magazines. My title was "Publications Manager," but what I really did was everything that is required of an entire newsroom staff, including photography and photo editing.
Started from the gtround up
Centralized Publication Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 11, 2014
It was fun but unfortunately we could not be spared by corporate as the entire company was in serious trouble with finances.
Fun place to work
Route Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 30, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: have to work in bad weather
You do a lot of walking, you make how much you want to make no boss yelling down you neck
Company has gone down to nothing.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), USAAugust 30, 2014
Cons: company is horrible to work for anymore
This company used to be a good place to work before the new CEO took over and the recent sale to HIBU.
Management is horrible to say the least.
They force you to sell products businesses don't want & it is high pressure to sell.
Your forced to increase customers by 20% every year even if they can't afford it.
Was a good place to work
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 30, 2014
Lots of communication with internal and external customers.
ok place to work
Product (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 27, 2014
ok place to work. good pay. great people. rebuilding itself.
Helping Clients
DIGITAL MARKETING SALES LEAD (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJune 20, 2014
A typical workday was spent with my or my team's clients and prospects developing their online marketing strategies.I became Google Adwords certified so I learned how to help clients to increase revenue through their online efforts. My colleagues and leaders we inciteful and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was pulling away from my work at the end of the day. the easiest part was helping our clients.
Fun Environment to work in
Office Manager, Wethersfield sales office (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJune 18, 2014
Pros: interaction with fun personalities in the sales office and a relax environment.
Cons: the office was changing over to digital contracts which left me less work.
E-mailing, filing, ordering office materials. I was responsible for answering phones, editing contracts and setting up UPS shipments.
challenging
Account Representative (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJune 13, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hard cold calling door to door mostly new
Enjoyed the team support and incentives for sales team to achieve together to make our goals.
Fun atmosphere.
Interactive on-floor department environment, but largely a stagnant culture
Associate Campaign Analyst II (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 7, 2014
Pros: easy, up-to-date culture
Cons: low compensation
Management demands a high workload at low compensation. Repetitive, mundane activities. Hiring and promotion freeze has made recent work difficult to incentivize. We each individually deal with 250+ customers, 250+ sales reps, and 250+ sales manager, so time management is difficult.

My co-workers are very nice and similarly aged, however, there is an overall negative feeling on the floor with lowers department morale.

Overall, hibu (formerly Yellowbook) has taught me how to operate in a corporate structure, but the overwhelming debt that the company is in has delayed any growth, potential, or movement.

1 2 3 4

About YELLOWBOOK

Let your fingers do the walking through Yellowbook. Founded in 1930, Yellowbook is one of the country's oldest and largest independent – Read more