YELLOWBOOK

YELLOWBOOK Employer Reviews

No matter what, we always got the job done.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYOctober 10, 2014
A bunch of very nice managers & coworkers, always played as a team, lots of jokers,the hardest part was to say goodbye.
Daily Customer Service Life
Customer Service Inquiry Rep (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: acknowledgment and rewards by the company for hard work
Cons: constant lateral movement without advancement
Great work-place. Having an awesome department was the highlight of my day. A team that showed up ready to work and always supportive of each other with the common goal of providing great customer service and keeping our service level above 90%.
Good work experience, company is not stable
HIBU WEB EDITOR AND COPYWRITER (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 19, 2014
The work experience, workplace, and employees are all very passionate about their work, the businesses they work with, and the overall value of what they are doing. However, the business has made and is continuing to make large restructuring leading to lack of job security, changes in job titles, salary, and location.
Train wreck
MAGAZINE EDITOR/PUBLICATION MANAGER (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: too much work, too much irrelevant paperwork/busy work
A typical day consisted of sitting at my home office desk from 8 a.m. - midnight every day. I was hired as the editor of nine magazines which were also my responsibility to launch in nine separate communities. I was responsible for all content (apart from ads). I was given no travel budget and no support staff. It was my job to find every article to – more... fill 9 magazines with 48 pages of editorial content every month. I would either have to find people to write it for free or I would have to rewrite flyers, emails, press releases or just read websites and write articles in my own words. Because I wasn't given ample time to do the job of really reporting, the content was mediocre at best. It was exacerbated by the fact that my boss, though a clever wordsmith, was young and did not have any experience managing people, nor did she have experience doing my job. Little, if any, technical support was given. Training at the company's headquarters was excellent, but it was all down hill from there. No surprise the company filed for bankruptcy a few days after they "fired" me for not completing my work. Most of the other people who worked there who held the same title only had four to five magazines. My title was "Publications Manager," but what I really did was everything that is required of an entire newsroom staff, including photography and photo editing. – less
Started from the gtround up
Centralized Publication Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 11, 2014
It was fun but unfortunately we could not be spared by corporate as the entire company was in serious trouble with finances.
Fun place to work
Route Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 30, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: have to work in bad weather
You do a lot of walking, you make how much you want to make no boss yelling down you neck
Company has gone down to nothing.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), USAAugust 30, 2014
Cons: company is horrible to work for anymore
This company used to be a good place to work before the new CEO took over and the recent sale to HIBU.
Management is horrible to say the least.
They force you to sell products businesses don't want & it is high pressure to sell.
Your forced to increase customers by 20% every year even if they can't afford it.
Was a good place to work
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 30, 2014
Lots of communication with internal and external customers.
ok place to work
Product (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 27, 2014
ok place to work. good pay. great people. rebuilding itself.
Helping Clients
DIGITAL MARKETING SALES LEAD (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJune 20, 2014
A typical workday was spent with my or my team's clients and prospects developing their online marketing strategies.I became Google Adwords certified so I learned how to help clients to increase revenue through their online efforts. My colleagues and leaders we inciteful and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was pulling away from my work – more... at the end of the day. the easiest part was helping our clients. – less
Fun Environment to work in
Office Manager, Wethersfield sales office (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJune 18, 2014
Pros: interaction with fun personalities in the sales office and a relax environment.
Cons: the office was changing over to digital contracts which left me less work.
E-mailing, filing, ordering office materials. I was responsible for answering phones, editing contracts and setting up UPS shipments.
challenging
Account Representative (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJune 13, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hard cold calling door to door mostly new
Enjoyed the team support and incentives for sales team to achieve together to make our goals.
Fun atmosphere.
Interactive on-floor department environment, but largely a stagnant culture
Associate Campaign Analyst II (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 7, 2014
Pros: easy, up-to-date culture
Cons: low compensation
Management demands a high workload at low compensation. Repetitive, mundane activities. Hiring and promotion freeze has made recent work difficult to incentivize. We each individually deal with 250+ customers, 250+ sales reps, and 250+ sales manager, so time management is difficult.

My co-workers are very nice and similarly aged, however, there is – more... an overall negative feeling on the floor with lowers department morale.

Overall, hibu (formerly Yellowbook) has taught me how to operate in a corporate structure, but the overwhelming debt that the company is in has delayed any growth, potential, or movement. – less
Fun work-place
Associate Manager-Contract Entry (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 21, 2014
Pros: acknowledgement of employees for their hard-work
Cons: when they closed us down due to economy
Great work-place. Having an awesome department was the highlight of my day. A team that always showed up ready to work and always supportive of each other. Hardest part of the day would be our deadline which was every other Thursday when all contracts had to be entered by a certain time. No fear though, our department was ready to conquer all.
Delivery Specialist
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, TNApril 8, 2014
Good temporary pay before Christmas. Pick up books deliver and within a day or two return manifest and you are paid within 3 or 4 days.
Fun work environment
Sales-Advertising & Marketing (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: benefits & fun working environment/people
Cons: sales goals & job security
Great co-workers fun work environment and team activities encouragement. Hardest part of the job was the sales goals and meeting them.
Well Organized
Telephone book Distributor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: excellent schedules
Cons: close for certain weeks
Yellowbook I find are well organized. The same person will have multiple tasks, which makes things easier with less confusion. The hours of work are very flexible.
Filed a hostile work environment report with HR and was terminated. Management churns and burns sales people that are new to Premise Sales.
Media Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 21, 2013
To keep core Premise Sales Team with good numbers, management churns and burns new sales reps by giving them the unstable customers, bad geographic sales zones and unrealistic goals. Will cut your pay. Your pay never grows because your client base is always cut. Your good customers are shifted to other Tsales reps. You never see advancement unless you – more... are related to management somehow. They hire new managers outside of cedar rapids not from within, even though many are qualified with MBA's.
Reported the hostile work environment to human resources and was terminated 4 weeks later. They discriminate, they manipulate, they threaten, they change directions weekly, they will take you into an office and read you the riot act for 45 minutes, even when you are doing well. You cannot say anything counter to management ideas in meetings or are threatened with termination. Avoid Cedar Rapids Premise Sales at all cost. 50% of all reps gone within 3 years. – less
phone books
deliering books (Current Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 30, 2013
Pros: pick your owne hrs
Cons: bye your owen gas
bagthe books then deliver them to the porhes of the houses .I learened how to delier to addreses.no coworkers.hardest part of job is rain best is warm weather.
Do not get suckered in!!
Tele-Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Effingham, ILNovember 25, 2013
Company is circling the drain and grasping at straws while sacrificing integrity and self-respect. With every sale, I felt like I was lying and ripping every customer off.

1 2 3 4

About YELLOWBOOK

Let your fingers do the walking through Yellowbook. Founded in 1930, Yellowbook is one of the country's oldest and largest independent – Read more