Yellowstone Club Employee Reviews

Unrewarding and disorganized. Dont waste your time
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTNovember 16, 2017
It's such a disorganized disaster, with poor communication and a sexist attitude. I worked there 7 years and was treated as an inferior gnat despite the vast responsibility and expectations associated with my position. I'm glad to move on to my next adventure where my knowledge, experience, and good work ethic will be appreciated.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Free lunch makes you sick
busy place to work
Crew Lead, Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTSeptember 24, 2017
Good place to work except for the long commute and some of the management. You get free lunches but there is just a cafeteria. It is in a beautiful setting and you deal with high profile memebers.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTAugust 31, 2017
Great place to work. Was super fun to work here. Wonderful managers with great snow all the time. Seriously smoke everyday! Was an incredible place to work.
Very well trained staff
Garde manger, sauté and line cook (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTAugust 30, 2017
Very well trained staff. As long as you are willing to learn they are willing to teach. Up beat environment where you get in as much as you give out!!!!
Geat place to work!
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTAugust 7, 2017
Great experience with a lot to learn from some very talented chefs along with a beautiful living environment. Theres tons of opprtunity for motivated individuals.
Overall Good
Server (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTJune 8, 2017
The pay is good and fair to all employees. The work is easy with help always available. I had a problem with housing and transportation, but that was mainly my fault.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Commute
Great place work
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTJune 2, 2017
Ive alwayays liked the jobs ive picked but this was the best. Great place to work fun people and even funner job. Ill definitely be returning and telling my friends
Pros
Free food and skiing
Cons
Had to take a bus
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  3357 Yellowstone stApril 27, 2017
Houston's nightclub life, can be fun, but also dangerous. I enjoyed the environment meeting the different people my employers were very nice as well as my employees.
Great place and respectable place to work
Equipment Operator / Mechanic / Plow truck driver (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTOctober 31, 2016
The club is the world's only private ski and golf club. With 5 star all over it. I you need to act very professional with a sense of realism. Because you'll be working for the worlds 1%.
Pros
ski and meet famous ppl
Cons
you have to do anything they ask with no attitude...an y thang, ..
The Peter Principal: 3rd string leadership
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone ClubSeptember 12, 2016
You would think that a private club of this elite clientele would support and engage a management/leadership team as dynamic and inspiring as their members. Alas, nearly every management position is occupied by a wounded, damaged or otherwise mediocre preformer. Yes, you will meet and interact with the great people of the world. The members are almost worth the suffering caused by poor decision making. Pass on the management spots, take an hourly and be a fly on the wall to relationships and conversations that you will read about in future history. Watch your back.
Pros
Terrain & Pay
Cons
Extraordinarily Poor Leadership
El ambiente de trabajo muy bueno y amistoso
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  MontanaMay 18, 2016
Yellowstone Club contrató estudiantes universitarios de Perú para un intercambio cultural y laboral en los Estados Unidos.
Mi puesto de trabajo fue el de housekeeper, encargada de la limpieza de los cuartos del hotel y áreas comunes.
Great Lifestyle Opportunities
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTDecember 2, 2013
Skiing, Mt Biking, Hiking and other outdoors stuff is great. People who make a million dollars a year stay here for a week. That means I'm worth 52 million but it gets taken out of my check before I see lit like a scenery credit or wildlife encounter charge.
Pros
Views
Cons
Low wages
Fun place to work and everyone is there for the same reason
Ski Shop (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTJune 25, 2013
Everyone that works at the YC wants to work in a ski/resort environment. It can be very enjoyable, but it's always what you make of it.
Pros
Free lunch, free ski pass, employee ski days, great pay
Cons
poor upper management
Great pay, long commute
Residential Services (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTJanuary 21, 2013
Fun place to work, but a long commute if you don't live in Big Sky
Good benefits/pay with a sacrifice of long drive time
Residential Services (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTJanuary 21, 2013
This job offers good benefits and pay. Requires some long stretches of work as it is a seasonal resort.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, opportunities not normal in other companies
Cons
long commute, micromanagement
Fun and beautiful work place.
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTSeptember 12, 2012
A typical day at work would start out climbing the hedge wall and snowboarding down to my lift. Opening up the bottom of the lift would require shoveling, raking, and writing in the log book. Then the top and middle shacks would be opened and all the chairs would get flipped over. I learned how to run an a ski lift and snowboard. My customer service skills improved and I learned how to efficiently make my ramps even and smooth. The management at the Yellowstone Club was above par. They were always friendly and concerned about your health and comfort. My co-workers were absolutely amazing. The atmosphere at my job was laid back and very uplifting which was created by all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was having to continuously shovel on powder days. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to snowboard.
Slow days
Cook, Prep cook, dishwaher, recieved stores (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTAugust 7, 2012
I worked for a company that should have not have all the financial problems it did. Try to get rehired back on but they refused to hire me back. I cooked, cleaned, dishwashed and recieved stores.
Pros
free meals
Cons
bad place work
They don't care about there poeple
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTJuly 19, 2012
Plan on working 80-100 hours a week during the peak season and getting less then a Thank You. Then not knowing if you can come back or not untill the last minute. I have seen several people who thought they had a job for the following season and then could never get ahold of anybody, not even to say we are not having you back. the place is very unorganized and unethical and you will get different instructions from diferent Bosses. The Directors buy lots of gifts for themselves on the company and work short hours but fail to say thank you to the staff. Its all about selling realestate and nothing elsse matters not even the Law. The shining light in the whole thing is the members, they are amazing and friendly.
Pros
the members
Cons
the upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellowstone Club. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9