Yellowstone National Park Employee Reviews

Life changing experience in Nature
Environmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Wyoming and MontanaNovember 16, 2015
It was working on the field all day with great team leaders and Beautiful nature. Got the opportunity to see a lot of wildlife and see nature in its most pure form. The hiking that were required for the job were a challenge that I enjoyed experiencing.
Fantastic place to work and play
Wrangler (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, MTOctober 29, 2015
We worked long, hard hours, but it was immensely rewarding. I leaned that I can be a leader as well as how to harness & drive a team of horses. My boss(s) were very interested in how all the employees were doing, the were very safety aware, but also fostered a friendly work environment. The hardest part of this job was learning how to deal with the stress; people could (& were) hurt, being asked repetitious questions daily and the general worry regarding the public's safety. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was working & living in Yellowstone National park, riding horses daily & seeing the wide variety of wildlife.
Pros
Working in Yellowstone National Park
Cons
Seasonl employment
Dream job
Wrangler, Mammoth Springs (Xanterra) (Former Employee) –  Mammoth Hot SpringsOctober 9, 2015
Greatest place on earth to visit and work in. Was a dream job getting to ride horses around all day and teach people about the world's first national park.
Beautiful scenery and very agreeable staff and managers
Floor Crew Custodian (Current Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYAugust 25, 2015
During a typical day at work I would drive to whatever area of the park was assigned to me to clean that day, and depending on what type of flooring was in that particular area, I would assess what type of equipment I would need to use, then I would clean and polish the area in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job were the helpful and agreeable members of the floor crew and getting to see all the different areas of Yellowstone.
Pros
Meals provided by company
Cons
Compensation was a little low
Wonderfull job
CMMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  COLUMBIA FALLS, MONTANAJuly 22, 2015
Hardest part of the job is working in a windowless cubical based building with fluorescent lighting. Most enjoyable is when I get to travel into the park and work with employees on site.
Pros
Park travel
Cons
Furloughs
Fun group of people great management
Full Time Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Old FaithfulNovember 25, 2014
Best people I've worked with. We would load the first truck deliver it, get back and put away a delivery of 1200 to 1900 item in a group of 4 to 8 people, next we would load the second truck deliver it, and load the last truck and I would drive it about 25 miles away to deliver it then drive it back.
Pros
working with a great group of people and having fun while getting work done
A fun and interesting place to work.
Night Security Guard, Xanterra Parks and Resorts (Former Employee) –  Moran, WYOctober 17, 2014
Fun enjoyed my time and meeting new and interesting people. Would work there again.
everythings nice about this place
(Youth conservation Crops) Yellowstone nation park (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, WYMay 21, 2014
Great work nice view nice people friends family time... good money
Pros
beautiful place great work easy work fun
Productive and a fun place to work
Cook/Grill (Former Employee) –  Old Faithful, Yellowstone National ParkJanuary 9, 2014
a typical day at work
The most enjoyable part of the job is Hiking and Fishing
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  WyomingNovember 24, 2013
Overall the job was satisfying, on really busy days it was difficult to handle the demand and provide great customer service.
Pros
beautiful place to work and live
Cons
very busy call center
I love this job.
Assistant Backcountry Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Mammoth Hot Springs AreaAugust 31, 2013
This position allowed me to be in the outdoors 99% of the time working hard and enjoying nature. Trails need to be cleared of fallen trees for hikers. Horses are mainly used as the mode of transportation into the backcountry. Campsites need to be checked, hikers need to be educated and rules need to be enforced. Greatest job.
Pros
riding horses, seeing wildlife and protecting the national parks
A great experience to be part of a historical park.
Server (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WyomingMay 22, 2013
It was a hard job. Our hours were long and we closed the first three nights of the our work week and then opened the last two days of our work week. By doing this it would give us an a longer weekend. It was server wages of $1.65 and hour plus tips; however, the majority of people we waited on did not tip well. The older clientele did not know the going rate to tip and the foreigners which were many did not know they were to tip us. Still we had to claim 8 % of our sales that did not even equal what we really got in tips. It was less, but we had medical benefits and was able to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner for free. Our room and board was extremely low costing. It made up for the lack of actual money I made. It was so incredible to be part of the park experience. The animals, nature, and there was no TV or radio reception in the park. The mail was very slow and on our weekend many of us went out of the park to the areas around to get to see what they were like and to get hotel rooms where we could watch TV and meet the local communities. For all the negative that the job held it was still an incredible experience. The management showed favoritism to certain work groups. We had groups that had certain days they worked and certain days off. My example I had Sunday and Mondays off. I would be done on Saturday around 1 pm and not have to return until Monday around 5 pm. We worked with the same group of people, until near the end when there was a shortage of servers then we worked all the time with one day off and multiple shifts but only certain groups had to work that way.  more... Those who were in the group of the longest running employees did not have to work all the overtime.  less
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. benefits, the yellowstone experience.
Cons
long hours, extra shifts, low pay, favoritism displayed by the management.
all good
line cook (Former Employee) –  YNPMarch 22, 2013
worked with all kind of people from different places good locations
Pros
good pay
dayporter/housekeepin
Housekeeper/Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYNovember 13, 2012
•a typical day at work: monday to friday
•what you learned: how to make a bed, cleaning, etc
•management: None
•your co-workers: friendly
•the hardest part of the job: none
•the most enjoyable part of the job: Working with staff/tourist
A wonderful place to work
Cartographic Technician (Former Employee) –  Mammoth Hot SpringsSeptember 17, 2012
If you love the outdoors and the natural environment, your going to love working at Yellowstone. The NPS is a government job that comes with the typical government bureaucracy, but, your working at Yellowstone.
Awesome
Seasonal Supervisor- Bill (Former Employee) –  YNP WyomingJuly 2, 2012
I worked as a line cook and it was a wonderful experience. Never having cooked before, I was obviously nervous, but by the end I was highly skilled. I was able to accomplish the impossible when it comes to stress and this just goes to show the great people they hire! Besides the job, Yellowstone National Park is great! It is the most beautiful place on earth!
Pros
yellowstone national park!
Cons
a cafeteria that does not cook to your needs. (lactose intolerant)

4.6