Yes! Communities Employee Reviews

Very Friendly and Proactive Company
CM/Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2017
Great vertical growth opportunity, and management is very responsive to employees in the field. Would definitely look into other positions and or locations.
Stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 9, 2017
Favoritism overdone very MUCH. If you don't kiss the regional's butt they will not keep you. If you get on the bad side of one of the FAVORITES and teachers pets you will be phased out quickly.
It was a very nice place to work
Administrative Assistant/Collector (Former Employee) –  Marion, IAMarch 5, 2017
A typical day was helping new potential tents fill out applications for rentals.
I learned how to collect rent and load payments and run checks through systems on-line data base.
There was no hard part of this job.
The most enjoyable part was working and meeting new people.
Pros
The staff was easy to work with we all worked as a team
Cons
no cons I can think of
Fast Paced
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 30, 2017
Sink or swim environment. Lack of substantial training. Responsibilities are never ending( concept of i'm one person is hard to grasp). Overall company culture is great, individual department culture various on
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Lack of proper training
Horrible Regional Management. Your job is always held over yr head
Collector/Admin (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2017
your job is always threatened if you don't reach your numbers. If the region don't meet the numbers you're blamed for it. The CM of the company can't run the property because the RM is always interfering. The Florida region is horrible!
Pros
Company lunch
Cons
The company needs to restructure the Florida Region
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXDecember 26, 2016
YES! Culture is unlike any where I have ever worked before. They truly care about their residents and employees. Every one has a voice with them, and they value it.
Not a bad job to do
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA, moline, illNovember 21, 2016
There is a miss communication between the manager's and maintenance on a daily bases. People will call you on the emergency phone when it's not an emergency and they will let you go for no reason at all. Some other maintenance guys will fix things the wrong way and other maintenance guys will watch you work. But hay if yes communities wants to hire these types of employees will then I don't see Yes community's being around very long.
Pros
They buy pizza
Cons
Management and maintenance do not have a regular meeting
terrible place to work
Office (Current Employee) –  IowaAugust 19, 2016
This company talks about yes culture but is just a joke. over 60% employee turnover. management tells you to cut corners and fudge numbers. The residents mean nothing. Would never recommend this company.
Cons
management, hours, stress
Great Job - Bad Management
Collector (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 15, 2016
One can do very well with this company and be recognized for achievements many times over by the home office. Local gossip + moody management won't give you a long career with this company. Head management chooses not to follow company protocol and instead use own short cuts, hire undocumented workers, fudge the monthly reports and lie to prospective customers to make the regional goals as well as approve customers with other than honorable back grounds or simply bad-bad credit lines. The good employee is left holding the bag to make things right with disgruntled residents. This region has all new office employees in 1 years time.
Pros
Good company overall
Cons
Employ at Will Company
Horrible management.
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 23, 2016
This company is a joke. They say they care about their employees but all they care about is the bottom dollar. High turnover rate with employees. Management is a joke. Unprofessional gossip, having contractors spy on the maintenance and office staff, not practicing fair housing laws, not putting residents first. The list is long.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Not enough recognition for hard work. Poor management.
Great learning environment due to constant training and positive feedback.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLMay 6, 2016
A company that provided constant training and an encouraged a "family" environment. We were a team and helped all the different communities that may need help. Very fast paced and business driven. We knew we needed to meet out goals no matter what. Loved working there.
Pros
We were able to manage our communities like our own business.
Cons
Long work weeks if necessary, 50 or more hours a week.
Horrible Place to work!
Sales and Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 2, 2015
While working here I was givin my job description which my office manager and sales manager fought about. Also as fair housing is concerned they DO NOT actually follow it completely. I know this becuase they would want you to tell one prospect something and tell another the complete opposite which is why I left!
Pros
Trips.
Cons
Management, Commission structure, Under staffed
not a great place to work anymore
Manager (Current Employee) –  LadsonSeptember 7, 2015
Busy office. Under staffed. Regional only cares about making numbers. If one property does not meet company bench mark, entire region is held responsible. Not all employees are held accountable for their actions. At one time this company was great. Hardest part of job is working too many hours.
Pros
Salary
Cons
not all employees are treated the same
Productive, Fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  HUmbleJuly 27, 2015
Love helping people to have there own home.
Not to much of a team when everyone is not on board.
Hardest part of my job would be informing customers there not approve to purchase a home
Pros
Lots of learning material
Cons
Not following up with was promise
Quality workplace and high standards with excellent coworkers and managemant
MAINTNENACE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2015
~ Begin the day with cleaning up the grounds and any trash that may have accumulated
~ Complete work orders from high priority to low priority with fellow co-worker and help eachother any way we can including: plumbing, electrical, painting, drywall repair, insatallation of fixtures, landscaping, flooring, framing, siding,doors and windows, and using various tools to complete work provided
~ Have attained knowledge in working on mobile homes and how siding is installed
~ Hardest part of the job is having to deal with the tenants dogs
~ There are people who also don't keep a very hygenic home sometimes
~ Get along well and communicate with manager throughout the work day
~ Communicate with tenants and show respect as I'm in their home
~Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to show my skills and produce quality in everything that I do
Pros
An hour lunch is provided
Cons
An hour lunch can be long sometimes, especially when your in the middle of a project
Overall Good
Sales & Leasing (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAApril 8, 2015
Great incentives and Commission for sales and leasing. Turnover is not as bad as other companies but there is a turnover with management. Sales focused company looking for the next sale. Advancement is very difficult in GA.
Pros
Additional Sales Income
Cons
Sales Focus
Excellent training programs and motivational team
Sales and Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlSeptember 30, 2014
I have very thoroughly enjoyed working for YES! Communities. They have a wonderful culture and have taught me a vast array of skills ranging from marketing to reading/understanding credit and most of all the ins and outs of the sales of mobile homes. There are many knowledgable employees and managers within this company that make hands on learning a breeze. They come from many different backgrounds and our employees/management is a very close team throughout our entire region and even throughout the home office. I respect my co-workers and they are all hard workers with a passion for this companies success. The most difficult part of this job is balancing your employment and dedication to the company with a life outside of the "job". The hours are long and your schedule is not very flexible for things you may need to do in your home life. It is not a job for people with families at home. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant communication with all of your peers, the quarterly training courses we attend to bounce ideas, role play and gain knowledge. There are yearly awards and many incentive programs always in place. They definetely reward you for your hard work.
Pros
Incentive Programs, Close knit team
Cons
Long days, late nights, scarce weekends off and difficult to allow vacation time
Great opportunity to be creative and each day brought new opportunities to work with employees on all levels of the organization.
Eastern Division Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating training programs and facilitating programs. The opportunity to be out in the field and meet various community managers and learn the daily challenges they faced and try to create programs that would develop them and make their jobs easier and helping the company gain growth and return on investment.

I also enjoyed the travel but felt their was no travel grace. I often returned in at mid-night or later in the am and still was expected to report at 9am to the office. No travel-grace.
Pros
Traveling and working with various employees, Presenting Training programs and Facilitating Training
Cons
No work-life balance, not diverse within the executive or home office level of the company
Great Environment
Marketing Sales & Leasing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2014
At this job my main focus was on driving traffic to my location, as this type of industry is not like a cell phone store nor a restaurant where people just walk in. Motivated daily by management as well as possibility for commission everyday made for an exciting work environment
Pros
pay and hours
Cons
laid off for unknown reason
Property Manager
Mobile Home Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoFebruary 4, 2014
Managed approximately 174 lots of homeowners and renters and loans.
Supervised a full time maintenance.
Primary goal was maintaining delinquency and appearance of communities.
Maintain and calculate a monthly budget, P&L and GL.
Provide excellent customer service to all tenants.
Sell and manage Clayton Bank & Trust Loans.