YES Prep Public Schools

YES Prep Public Schools Employer Reviews

Learned a lot, time consuming
7th grade Math Enrichment Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: partner teachers
Cons: short breaks, long hours
This is definitely not the place to work if you have a family and you actually want to spend time with them. However, I have learned a lot that will help me continue to grow as a professional and as an educator. The most enjoyable part of my job was collaborating with different people. The hardest part of my job was dealing with all the micro management – more... and trying to meet expectations in all 3 domains of the IER. Most of my co-workers were recent college grades 22-24 years of age, single with no children. Sometimes it was a bit of challenge working with them. Overall it was a great learning experience. – less
Great place for single, recent grads.
CASE Grant Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2013
You are married to your work. Seventy hour work weeks. This place is great and does many wonderful things for the community. You will enjoy the people you work with and the culture that has been established. Again, work/life balance is very dificult.
Excellent opportunity for growth and recognition
Teacher and Data Czar (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2013
Pros: excellent employee evaluation system and professional development, motivated coworkers
Cons: long hours, poor maternity leave policy
YES Prep is hands-down the best place to go if you want to make an impact on education. Founded by a visionary and sustained by a dedicated staff, I don't think I could have asked for a better place to "learn the ropes" coming out of college and into the real world.

At YES Prep, I learned both how to teach very effectively and how to manage myself – more... (and later, others) to most effectively use time and resources in pursuit of long-term goals. – less
Technology Department Review
Enterprise Application Developer II (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2012
Great working environment.

Great opportunity for learning, growing and developing your existing and new skill sets.

Scrum in the technology department with the team.

Rest of the day is programming.
Productive and fun place to work.
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 5, 2012
Nothing about my job is hard. Everyone is a team player. Working with students brings hapiness to the families when these students graduate.
Great culture and great service to the community.
CASE Grant Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2012
Pros: lots of holidays.
Cons: lots of weekend commitments.
A typical day at work for my position starts at 9:30 and ends at 6:30 in the evening. My day consists of phone calls and data entry to ensure compliance with the state of Texas. The work environment is great because every single person gives it %110. The high work ethic is very contagiuous.