YESCO Employee Reviews

Quick paced fast learning environment with a competitive atmosphere
Sheet Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2017
They taught me everything I know when it comes to sign fabrication. I appreciate learning everything that I have. I do enjoy building and fabricating. Using machinery, power tools, and all the tools in my tool box.
Pros
Mandatory raises every three to six months. Genuinely enjoyed the work i didm
Cons
No breaks only luch. No paid medication with healthcare.
Out of business
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 30, 2017
The location I worked at is no longer there. I worked as a temp for about a month. Was in the process of getting hired on(gone through orientation and everything) then they came to me the next day and said they had to lay off all the temps. Which technically I was still a temp. It was a little disheartening but I understand that its just business.
All in all a good place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 4, 2017
Must be okay with hieghts and working in the the elements but its a good place to start in the industry nice work atmosphere easy to fit in and good people work there
Slow season for three months barely picks up in summer
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Chandler ArizonaMarch 22, 2017
Good company just don't want to crate when I have 2 welding certifications in GMAW. This company doesn't help you become what you want but rather put you into something you don't want to do
Pros
Paid holiday paid breaks
Cons
Short breaks low ball you money
Good Exp
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 6, 2017
Started with the company as a temp employee was hired on however multiple lay offs makes it hard to know if you have a job the next day other than that a good company.
Pros
people
Cons
hours
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2017
I've worked at YESCO for 17 years and I'll be working for them until I retire. Owners care about their employees. The culture is based around family values. I've enjoyed the large network of employees from around the company.
Pros
People
Cons
Productive environment with not many fringe benefits
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2017
Worked there for a little over 5 years. Management of the software team aren't really used to dealing with people. If you have problems you are mostly left dealing with them on your own.
Cons
Benefits aren't very good
Collections Manager
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2017
I was responsible for contacting the business's that purchased from our company, make sure the PO and invoices matched, and collected the money that was owed.
I really enjoyed the challenges of trying to see how much I could collect for them.
I also enjoyed learning from all the great people there.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Laid off
Hostile work environment
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 28, 2016
I never knew what I was going to get when I went to work everyday. Sometimes the lead was OK to work with but most of the time not. Not allowed to ask question, she would say "I don't have time for you". As a lead/trainer, I'm pretty sure that was her job. she stood outside the restroom timing us. We had almost daily meetings with her where she would threaten our jobs.
She had been turned in to Manager and HR many times by several different people and nothing was ever done. It was a hostile work environment.
Family Oriented
Service and Installation Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2016
Yesco in all is a great company if you are looking for a slow and steady career. Advancement is rare, but you work with incredible team players. Management needs training on how to communicate with employees and train. Training is non existent so you will need to be a self motivator.
Pros
Secured job, Family Values
Cons
Benefits, Leadership Pay
good place to work for
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2016
I served Yesco for almost 10 years. It is a great company, great benefits, good hours, overtime but very difficult to advance if your last name isn't the same as a supervisor.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
supervisor relatives and or friends have a higher possibility to climb the ladder
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 7, 2016
phone calls to clients
meet with new and existing clients
travel to see work sites complete
Has a great management group
The use of the Wildly Important Goals program proved to be a benifit to the company and myself.
Corporate Collections/Account Receivables (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 1, 2016
My job was to call on all invoices five days past due everyday. Contact the top ten current amount due to verify the customer has all information needed for Yesco to receive payment.
The program Yesco follows is from the book Wildly Important Goals. Each week, I made 2 or 3 commitments and kept them faithfully every week.
As a credit/colllection team we lowered our over sixty day past due receivables substantially. The program is right to the point and helpful for achieving goals set.
Pros
Great guidlines to follow
Cons
I cannot think of any
Yesco
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2016
The job requirements were as expected while being a driver. Load the truck and do your required checks of the truck to keep it road safe. Make your deliveries within a reasonable and timely manner. I did not work with many people while working here. Hardest part of this job was pleasing all the customers. It was enjoyable because it was different every day fast paced and challenged you daily.
Pros
fast pace, diffrent everyday
Cons
managment, pay
Great job
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 3, 2016
If you are willing to work hard and be able to show up everyday this can be a very rewarding job. Offers lots of overtime and pay raises for doing good work.
Pros
good money for no requirement on education
Good company overall
Service Shopman (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2015
The constant change of employees and management is a headache but business just the same. They are a steady business company that adapts to changes.
Fun & productive workplace
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2015
Everyone worked together as a team. People were cross trained to do everyones jobs so at the end of the month everyone could help. The end of the month was crucial since it was extremely busy and lots of overtime.
Dangerous and stressful environment
Subcontracted Sign Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Subcontracted to survey signs. Job required being in dangerous areas late at night on a consistent basis. Would not recommend.
Fast paced and fun work
Neon Bender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2015
Very innovative place to work although a family owned business , it is a huge company that does work all around the world for casinos , business, and cruise ships.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
sometimes it gets really slow
Loved working for this company. The way the m.ade their products form start to finish was fascinating
INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 7, 2015
I was a team lead for day shift had a key to the warehouse which I enjoyed knowing everything that needed to be done, and having the oppurtunity to get things done. I put in alot of over time at this company but I enjoyed the job very much. I learned the processes from the begining to the end. From pulling parts needed for jobs, to recieving incoming materails, cycle counts keeping our numbers on track, to using the company trucks to deliver parts to different buildings the company owned. My boss was a great trainer taught me how to open jobs, check the issueings, to cycle counts, to closing jobs. The only downside to this job was that I felt I learned everything I needed to know. I left becuase I moved to Salt Lake City. I enjoyed working for this company very much, it was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Loved knowing how everything needed to be done start to finish.
Cons
Felt I learned everything I could learn in that department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YESCO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8