YESCO Employee Reviews

Collections Manager
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2017
I was responsible for contacting the business's that purchased from our company, make sure the PO and invoices matched, and collected the money that was owed.
I really enjoyed the challenges of trying to see how much I could collect for them.
I also enjoyed learning from all the great people there.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Laid off
Hostile work environment
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 28, 2016
I never knew what I was going to get when I went to work everyday. Sometimes the lead was OK to work with but most of the time not. Not allowed to ask question, she would say "I don't have time for you". As a lead/trainer, I'm pretty sure that was her job. she stood outside the restroom timing us. We had almost daily meetings with her where she would threaten our jobs.
She had been turned in to Manager and HR many times by several different people and nothing was ever done. It was a hostile work environment.
Family Oriented
Service and Installation Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2016
Yesco in all is a great company if you are looking for a slow and steady career. Advancement is rare, but you work with incredible team players. Management needs training on how to communicate with employees and train. Training is non existent so you will need to be a self motivator.
Pros
Secured job, Family Values
Cons
Benefits, Leadership Pay
good place to work for
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2016
I served Yesco for almost 10 years. It is a great company, great benefits, good hours, overtime but very difficult to advance if your last name isn't the same as a supervisor.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
supervisor relatives and or friends have a higher possibility to climb the ladder
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 7, 2016
phone calls to clients
meet with new and existing clients
travel to see work sites complete
Has a great management group
The use of the Wildly Important Goals program proved to be a benifit to the company and myself.
Corporate Collections/Account Receivables (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 1, 2016
My job was to call on all invoices five days past due everyday. Contact the top ten current amount due to verify the customer has all information needed for Yesco to receive payment.
The program Yesco follows is from the book Wildly Important Goals. Each week, I made 2 or 3 commitments and kept them faithfully every week.
As a credit/colllection team we lowered our over sixty day past due receivables substantially. The program is right to the point and helpful for achieving goals set.
Pros
Great guidlines to follow
Cons
I cannot think of any
Yesco
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2016
The job requirements were as expected while being a driver. Load the truck and do your required checks of the truck to keep it road safe. Make your deliveries within a reasonable and timely manner. I did not work with many people while working here. Hardest part of this job was pleasing all the customers. It was enjoyable because it was different every day fast paced and challenged you daily.
Pros
fast pace, diffrent everyday
Cons
managment, pay
Great job
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 3, 2016
If you are willing to work hard and be able to show up everyday this can be a very rewarding job. Offers lots of overtime and pay raises for doing good work.
Pros
good money for no requirement on education
Good company overall
Service Shopman (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2015
The constant change of employees and management is a headache but business just the same. They are a steady business company that adapts to changes.
Fun & productive workplace
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2015
Everyone worked together as a team. People were cross trained to do everyones jobs so at the end of the month everyone could help. The end of the month was crucial since it was extremely busy and lots of overtime.
Dangerous and stressful environment
Subcontracted Sign Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Subcontracted to survey signs. Job required being in dangerous areas late at night on a consistent basis. Would not recommend.
Fast paced and fun work
Neon Bender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2015
Very innovative place to work although a family owned business , it is a huge company that does work all around the world for casinos , business, and cruise ships.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
sometimes it gets really slow
Loved working for this company. The way the m.ade their products form start to finish was fascinating
INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 7, 2015
I was a team lead for day shift had a key to the warehouse which I enjoyed knowing everything that needed to be done, and having the oppurtunity to get things done. I put in alot of over time at this company but I enjoyed the job very much. I learned the processes from the begining to the end. From pulling parts needed for jobs, to recieving incoming materails, cycle counts keeping our numbers on track, to using the company trucks to deliver parts to different buildings the company owned. My boss was a great trainer taught me how to open jobs, check the issueings, to cycle counts, to closing jobs. The only downside to this job was that I felt I learned everything I needed to know. I left becuase I moved to Salt Lake City. I enjoyed working for this company very much, it was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Loved knowing how everything needed to be done start to finish.
Cons
Felt I learned everything I could learn in that department.
Service
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2015
This company is growing

phone calls
relationship building
great atmosphere
not enough people to handle amount of business
Great place for me
Sheet metal journeyman (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTFebruary 21, 2015
Since I have experience in the field of this type of work it was such a relief to be given jobs and not have a hovering boss. I was treated with respect by all the men in the shop. Laughing at breaks was a blast. The men asking for my input was a treat!
Pros
respect
Cons
really where none
High quality products you can be proud of
former employee (Former Employee) –  yescoDecember 1, 2014
Family owned company that produces high quality, amazing signage of all types. Signs are much more exciting than one would think and the detail to quality in their product is paramount. They love and care about their customers, as evidenced by the continued returning business.

Since this is a privately owned, non-corporate company, the workplace culture is not very strict or consistent. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
Pros
proud of product, benefits are great for large families, fun people, brilliant artists
Cons
benefits are pricey if you are single, inconsistent application of employee policies
Just don't
Finance (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2014
Honestly, if you enjoy drama, being talked about behind your back, two faced people, and being targeted then apply here! There are areas of the company not like this but all I have seen here is negative. Watch out for the corporate controller. Also HR does you no good and one of them is the gossip queen and is pretty much corrupt.
Terrible to work for!!!
The puppet (Former Employee) –  USAJune 18, 2014
Beware of the drama and the lack of professionalism. Zero training! Made to feel worthless. Wants more than the job description asks for and NO ADVANCEMENT!! Beware of the one who thinks she is queen bee!!! She will tell you everyone's business within the first week and then talk about you when you aren't around!
Pros
Not much
Cons
Too any to list
Yesco
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2014
YESCO employees were such a close family. It was always sad when one was gone I dont think there were very many that would do anything for you. It was always a good morning have a great day.
Most of the management is friendly and supportive.
Pros
great people
Cons
cut a lot of people in last 5 years
fun co workers
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMarch 19, 2014
fun co workers to be around always a new thing happening see all the new sighns
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
very little advansment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YESCO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7