Yeshiva University Employee Reviews

Unique Institution
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2017
Yashiva University is the only higher education institution that offers a genuine Jewish culture experience. Thus very diversified from the faculty, to students, to administrative and support staff. Interesting place to work.
Pros
Closes early on Fridays and paid Jewish holidays
Cons
Poor medical insurance coverage. Overworked and underpaid.
not high pressure,management very relaxed
Programmer/analyst (Former Employee) –  new york cityJuly 3, 2017
not high pressure except when student enrollment is going on or human resources needs new report. not much spent on new equipment. management is very relaxed
Pros
many holidays off early friday go home
Cons
too far from where i live
Friendly
Principle Gift Processor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
Great place to work at. Work days are typically busy as you deal with undergraduate/graduate students. Managers are flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing great customer service.
Pros
Early Fridays
Cons
Longer work days
Productive and diverse work chores.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Many people like myself lost our jobs due to the Madoff scandal without much notice. The organization need stronger fiscal oversight.
Pros
Busy work environment.
Cons
Does not higher enough minority groups.
I work independently to complete daily maintenance tasks and as part of a team to set up for events
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2016
Most managers are reasonable if you do your work. Sometimes, we're understaffed and there is an unreasonable expectation to get all tasks completed on time.
Pros
Good locations, cooperative coworkers
Cons
Understaffed
Great pay
Food service cashier/stock person (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
You get paid well for what you do there. The managers are great. The thing is that you cannot really move up anywhere here.
It's a professional atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
I do a variety of things in a typical day - mostly raise money for the University. I learned fundraising. My co-workers are very nice and interesting. The hardest part is the interruptions. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the money raised is going to a great cause.
Amazing
Student Work Aide/Registrar's Office (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2016
Best time ever working , from the students to my co-workers. Best experience by far. Competitive work wages benefits close to my previous hime address.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Short hours
The scientific research that was ongoing made this a very intersting place to work
Administrative Secretary VII (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 13, 2016
Doctors and Researchers made our job not only a job but a learning experience; always willing to take the time to explain their studies to us and what they were trying to achieve in the way of public health.

Fast paced; very important decisions to be made quickly each day no time to ponder, an employee here had to be a self starter and hit the ground running each morning, if you couldn't keep up this was not the place for you.
Pros
Freindly, Academic environement
Cons
lots of labs in the building, very protected but still health concerning
Great
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
Great People
Great Employees
Great students
Great peers
Great professors
yeshiva university is the best place for a Jewish Student
I volenteered there and I learned alot about the different types of food people eat
Food Preparer and Server (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 9, 2015
Prepare tables for breakfast and lunch
Serve food
Clean cafeteria, tables and chairs
Clean up Kitchen area

I had a lot of fun with my coworkers, and staff. I learned about the way there food had to be handled on a daily basis.
Also I got the day off during there Holiday time.
I would do it again, only with pay.
Pros
I enjoyed the food very much and the people
Cons
no money
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
Learning new things from experienced colleagues. Good rapport with management. Room for growth within the company. Some co-workers are very helpful in this department
Pros
Classes offered regularly for improving your skills
Cons
not enough breaks
Great place to work!
Assistant Registrar - Graduate Programs (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2015
A great place to work with a supportive, and very down to earth management team. Management and staff have a great working relationship. The work can be stressful at times, but being able to laugh and joke with my colleagues makes the work day go by faster.
Pros
Supportive managment team
Cons
Office bureaucracy
It was very exciting place to work
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
Yeshiva was a place you could call your second home everyday there was something new to learn within my co-workers and the entire University
Pros
they gave you the satisfaction to be at ease
Jewish all boy University
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I usually worked on my own. I did not have a supervisor micromanaging my time so I felt like the independent adult that I am.
Pros
Jewish university equals a lot of Jewish holidays
Pleasant environment
FACILITIES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2015
This organization offered excellent compensation and benefits to its employees. Yeshiva has a strong familial culture.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
no cons to report
Productive and fulfilling
Psychoeducational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 2, 2015
Guiding inner city children and helping them to better their educational career. Helping to guide and nourish these cj=hildren had been very fulfilling.
University geared to high standards in education
Executive/Personal Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
High energy staff trying to make a difference in the world. Most challenging part of my job is trying to keep my boss focused and on time for meetings. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with dedicated people.
Relaxed place to work.
Interim Assistant Registrar for Graduate Programs (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2015
Part of the reason I love what I do is because there is no such think as a typical day. One day, I could be spending half the day in meetings with Deans, and spend the rest creating schedules, assigning rooms, or transferring credits. Another day I could be entering graduation applications, or awarding degrees. The only constant is assisting the students, staff and faculty of the university.

Management respects their staff. They've created a supportive environment that allows everyone to do their jobs with little to no stress.
Excellent employer to work for.
Retired / Health care coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 15, 2015
My day at work was meeting with clients who had an appointment with me,Provide on going counseling. I also had the pleasure of working with staff who were dedicated to their and care for their client. Positive management who were committed in the client care.The hardest part of my job was when a client expired.The most enjoyable is seeing clients health improving and not relapsing to drugs.