YETI Coolers

YETI Coolers United States Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment!!!
Credit Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: laid-back/casual atmosphere, employee appreciation, camaraderie among employees
YETI is a great place to work! The work environment is very laid back and casual; no suit, no tie, no problem. Everyone in the office has YETI's best interest at heart and are constantly striving for improvements in business processes to make our day to day lives easier at work. We're a fast growing company, and things get hectic around here from time to time, but everyone is really easy to work with and keeps in mind that we all have the same goal.

I started last summer, and we're starting to get large enough that there is a level of middle management between employees and the executive team. However, while that level of middle management exists, the executives all have a very open door policy. I'm in the accounting department, and specific to my department, our CFO is always willing to take a few minutes to talk to you about any concerns you have or answer any questions you may have. If he's busy at the moment, he's great about coming by your desk as soon as he can to follow up.

I will say the pay is not the greatest in the world. However, the benefits are good, and YETI is constantly holding employee appreciation events and team building events to build morale...everything from company-paid small group lunches with the executive teams to occasional afternoon team outings to the laid back and very casual work atmosphere that allows for a frosty beverage or two on Friday afternoons in the office. In fact, two weeks after I started, YETI was in the middle of launching one of our newer products, the Tank, and we got to take a Friday off to float the San Marcos River for "product testing" purposes.

All in all, this is a great job, and I could not have lucked into a better first post-college corportate type of job.
Wonderful company with family atmosphere and lots of potential!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TexasApril 11, 2014
Pros: culture & opportunity for growth
Cons: growing pains of an expanding company. (not a bad problem to have :-) )
YETI is a great company that understands the value of a happy employee. Work is work, but at the end of the day I have truly been blessed to work for an organization that recognizes it's employees for hard work and dedication. If you are looking for a fun, fast paced job with the opportunity to advance, come check us out.

**Great culture, Great managers, Great co-workers
What a great place to work!
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: awesome culture, growing, fast paced company, amazing brand
Cons: small but growing company still putting structure in place
We work hard and we play hard but as we grow, we don't want to lose sight on what makes YETI Coolers a great company. That’s why we have created the Culture Committee. It’s a group comprised of one member of each department. They meet weekly to dream up fun ways to keep our growing YETI team feeling like a family. They have hosted ping pong tournaments, movie days at the Alamo and even “product-testing” tubing trips.

It's a very team oriented environment and the executive team is always on hand and available, very much present in the office and approachable. They make quick decisions, which means things move fast around here and are always changing. You're able to see an immediate impact on the business.

The perks of working at YETI Coolers include paid time-off and holidays, paid maternity leave, and a relaxed atmosphere. Jeans and a trucker hat are standard work attire. Employees have their choice of a stand-up or seated desk (just about everyone is standing). We offer free fly-fishing lessons, a ping pong table, the constant temptation of Tiff’s Treats in the break room, an unlimited supply of “Sonic Ice” and of course free YETI swag upon arrival!
Wildly Stronger, More Competitive pay??
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 30, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment, company culture
Cons: pay is not great for the money they bring in, need more competitive perks
YETI is a great place to work. Environment is fun and the growth has been phenomenal. Due to the fact that they have been acquired by a private investment firm they have finally instilled better pay, culture committees, and decent heath benefits.
Downsides: Exec's are overpaid. One in particular who doesn't do much but hunt and fish for a paycheck. Other salaries are meager unless you are in a unique function. Considering the company has seen a 829% 3 yr growth in revenue it'd be nice if that was shared with the people who made that happen. Not just the CEO's and investment group big wigs.
Great place to work!
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 14, 2013
Pros: casual working environment
Cons: no cubicals for privacy
Loved my temp assignment at Yeti. Great group of people to work with.

About YETI Coolers

YETI Coolers created and leads the premium cooler category by making ridiculously tough (bear-proof) coolers that keep things – Read more