Semiconductor Capital Equipment manufacturing company in business for 30 years located in Livermore, CA that is currently growing its production product line of equipment.
Software Developer/Programmer of Automation Controls
Participates in the development of engineering and technical applications
involving GUIs, machine control and automation, data analysis and SECS/GEM
proprietary software. PLC and C based programming.
We are interested both in experienced applicants as well as in recent
graduates. The ideal applicant chose to pursue a science/engineering/math
degree in school but was strongly involved with computer science.
A Computer Science major or technical knowledge with a strong understanding of physical science/engineering/math is likely a good fit as well.
- Work in the software engineering team to develop software for control of manufacturing systems, data analysis and automation controls.
- Design, code and debug applications in various software languages
especially C/C++. Knowledge of Object-oriented design.
- Rewrite/integrate legacy applications to work within a unified framework.
- Support, maintain, improve and document software functionality
throughout full application lifecycle.
- Manage schedules, meet and adhere to development goals.
- Provide planning and status information to project manager.
Desired Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience with PLC and C languages.
- Ability to understand a problem domain and then conceive of and implement an intuitive user interface geared toward the engineer user.
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write well structured, readable, documented, and tested code that serves as an example to others who later study your work.
- Ability to work with teams to deliver quality software in a fast
paced environment. Capable of communicating effectively with
project managers, domain experts, and end-users to define and
implement software solutions.
- Independent, able to work with little or no supervision on special
projects as required.
- Some travel required for installations and field support including international travel.
Minimum B.S. in Engineering, Physics, Math, Computer Science, or Technical Degree plus 1 to 5 years of related industry experience.
Demonstrated ability in Software Development for engineering applications.
Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills along with presentation skills.
U.S Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required
contact: Bo Randazzo
925-373-8353 for immediate attention