YMCA of Austin

YMCA of Austin Employee Reviews

Fun work environment. Productive and motivating workplace.
Intern (Current Employee), Austin, TexasNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good cause and fun co-workers.
Very interactive environment in the office. A typical day involves reaching out to the community and members that are involved in the YMCA program. As an intern, I work directly with the Mend Obesity Intervention Program. I interact with kids twice a week at schools for ten weeks. We make eating healthy and being active fun. The YMCA is very community based so we do what we can to increase community outreach to help families live happier, healthier lives.
Fun and Energetic
Member Relations (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: always feeling motivated to work out.
Cons: not enough pay or hours.
Working with clients getting them signed up for memberships and classes and helping them achieve their goals.

I enjoyed listening to what goals clients had and showing how to get there.
Exciting work place with moral and value
Afterschool Counselor (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: childhood education
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work includes teaching the youth of Austin texas about the core values of the YMCA and education. I have learned that everything we do can impact a child's life whether we know it or not. The management has great communication skills and keeps the organization moving forward into the future. The employees at the YMCA go through extensive training. This enables the staff to produce results while at work. The hardest part of the job is all the different personalities within the children. The more time a person is there, the more relationships are built and understanding becomes easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we are impacting children's lives in a positive way.
fun place
camper leader (Former Employee), austin, txJuly 27, 2012
Pros: great place to work and meet new friends
Cons: very low pay
take care of children and make sure they stayed safe. try and teach them right from wrong and why it is important to be respectuful.
Fun work place with lots of different cultures.
Welcome Center Representative, Customer Service (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 18, 2012
Pros: free membership!
Cons: hours, no advancement to management
*Answered lots of clients phone calls
*I learned how to spell all types of names
* Co-workers are laid back and super funny
* Dealing with upset and angry customers is definitly the hardest part of my job.
*Enjoyable is watching everybody sweat in the gym
 Assisted current and potential members with account grievances, financial assistance, membership holds, etc.
Membership Services Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 7, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: benefits
 Processed membership paperwork for two local branches.
 Assisted Membership Coordinator with preparing daily and weekly financial statements for organization.
 Answer telephones, greet members, and provide customer service support.
 Trained Membership Services Staff.
 Fax and copy various documents as needed.
 Data Entry.