YMCA of Central Florida Employee Reviews

Impacted many lives
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2015
The YMCA is a wonderful organization in which to work. I am able to impact hundreds of peoples' lives and share with them my passion for fitness.
Fun place to work and enjoy interacting with kids.
Afterschool Care Program Co-Teacher (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: flexability with hours. casual and fun environment.
Cons: only part time. not the pay i was looking for.
Typical day is going in and going over activities we would be doing with the kids. Getting equipment ready. Then greeting kids and making sure the do their homework from school. Assisting them in game activites and teaching them how to play fair and be patient with one another. Assising in signing out kids and greeting parents at the end of the day, along with communicating to parents if need be concerning payments or discussing their child's behavior that day. Coworkers were always energetic and great to work with each day. Hardest part is dealing with troubled or abused children when they wouldn't respond to any correction or positive reinforcement. Best part was seeing those same children smile and turn the corner despite the other things going on in their lives.
Co-Teacher
Co-Teacher for Before & Afterschool Program (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2014
I enjoy being able to see the kids everyday, and really be a good role model for them. I also enjoy my boss and coworkers!
Productive, fun, great place
CO-TEACHER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2013
Pros: impacting lives, breaks, staff
Cons: scheduling
A typical day at work required making sure afternoon activities were completed and laid out for the kids for the day. I learned that kids will draw more to you when they trust you and I gained a lot of trust fromt he kids. The management there was great, always kept the staff updated on things and was very involved in daily activities. My co-workers were fun, smart, dependable and responsible. The hardest part of the job was leaving and the most enjoyable was getting to know everyone.
Great Place to power young minds
After School Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 14, 2013
Great place to enrich and empower school age children. Great place company to work for, but you aren't working this career for the money.
Non profit organization focused on improving the quality of life for all Central Florida residents
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF MEMBERSHIP (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: employee aprreciation
Their focus is improving the lives of all in Central Florida by building spirit, mind, and body for all. 25 Facilities over 6 counties. Variety of programs and services for all needs.
Typical Work Day
Co-Teacher (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: short hours, free ymca membership
YMCA of Central Florida is a great company to work for. They are very flexible with working with your schedule whether you're a student or just in need of a couple days off. The people you work with are kind, helpful, and great to work with as well. The hardest part of the job is just getting your footing in knowing how to handle the kids and getting to know them and the most enjoyable part is the time you get to spend helping the kids develop and the friendships you can develop with them throughout the school year.