YMCA of Greater Charlotte

YMCA of Greater Charlotte Employer Reviews

exciting
Lead Teacher(Preschool) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: working with children
Welcome in children from school, snack, homework time, play games, outside time, prepared for pick-up.
I learned CPR, First-aid and different techniques on how to work with different age of children.
Management was great!!!!
I enjoyed working with different ages of children.
Fun workplace for staff.
Camp Staff (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2013
Pros: laughter, students, co-workers
Cons: no breaks
I went to work , the kids were always happy to see me and learn something new. I learned that the student were so talented . My co-workers were very helpful and respectful and fun to be around. There wasn't no hard part of this job. I enjoyed every day of my job because I did something I enjoyed doing and I learned something new everyday being with – more... the students. – less
Pleasant workplace
Swim Lesson Instructor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2013
I continue to work for the YMCA because the management were very proactive and positive. They aimed for employee development and advancement. Great place to work.
Fun place to work with great values
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Sally's YMCAAugust 15, 2013
Everyday at the YMCA was a fun day to enjoy family and friends. Everyone had the same values and work ethics. This was a friendly environment.
Great place to make an impact on community.
Coordinator of High School Initiatives (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2013
Pros: working in the community, free membership for entire family, great staff
Cons: the pay sucks
Great job & the staff felt like family. There are a lot of advantages to working for such a large entity: gym membership, positive reputation, making a difference with deserving kids, etc.
Awesome place to connect and engage with the community in which the YMCA serves
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2012
Pros: people, hours, membership, retirement
Cons: there is nothing bad about the ymca
Being able to connect and engage and network. Great place to connect and engage, to help build a stronger community.
Lead a dynamic team focused on improving our community's health through membership to the YMCA and through development of programs & services.
Sr. Director of Healthy Living (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2012
I've learned how to be a servant leader, how to work with a diverse team to achieve a common goal. That is also the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the affect of the teams work through the eyes of the members and community we serve.
Very family friendly
Health and Fitness Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2012
Loved working in such a great family environment. Met many great individuals who were willing to teach the along the way. There was a great sense of teamwork there.
Great company, Does great things!
Financial Development Administrator (Former Employee), corneliusJune 7, 2012
I loved working here. However there is a lot of turnover. Not because employees were quitting but over the several year I worked there, I saw many good-long time employees let go.
Family and Staff Friendly workplace
Lead Art Instructor (Former Employee), CharlotteFebruary 9, 2012
Pros: discount for classes, personal and discounted family memberships, health based envrionment
Cons: low pay, often long hours
I worked in many departments and locations, the job made you part of the community. You were welcome to learn and build skills.