YMCA OF PIERCE AND KITSAP COUNTIES Employee Reviews

Mission Driven Culture
MARKETING AND DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 22, 2014
Passion driven organization that strives to impact the lives of everyone in their community. As typical for most non-profit organizations, the hours are long and the compensation is low, however if you are passionate about the Y's mission, you will eventually find success.
Politicians at their best
Director (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 20, 2014
Let's see... a typical day.

Get to work. Have little direction from management. Go home unfulfilled. If you want to have fun working for the Y, take the high schooler jobs in the actual facility, otherwise make yourself at home in a super dysfunctional office.

Best part - benefits were pretty good, compensation fine if negotiated correctly.

Worst part - let's just say I won't work for the Y again.
I love my job
YMCA Campaigner/Ambassador (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: lacks work environment
Cons: lacks work environment, unprofessionalism rampant
Typical days at work are great.

I have learned alot about human nature that I didn't know before and community impact efforts are great.

Management is great but my opinion is kind of bias as I am part of management.

Some are good, some are great, others are terrible but you're always have someone you don't get along with just keep it professional.

Dealing with imature and unprofessional co-workers.

Customer service and comunity outreach.
Poor support of staff
AQUATICS DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2013
Cons: mismanagment, no support
If you worked hard and did your job you were rewarded by being expected to do other staff's jobs. There was no incentive to get work done; if you continually failed to complete tasks, nothing would happen. Branch directors and people in higher positions were more concerned about making sure the members with a lot of money were satisfied. If you have a lot of money, you could basically buy what ever you wanted from this association. Horrible association to work for. I would rather be unemployed than work for them.