YMCA of the Rockies

YMCA of the Rockies Employer Reviews

Conferences Services Supervisor
Conference Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Estes Park, COJanuary 7, 2014
Event Planning for the world's largest YMCA in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
A fantastic first job for me.
Cabin Counselor (Former Employee), Tabernash, COMarch 25, 2013
Pros: free food and lodging
Cons: locatd away from the city in the middle of the mountains.
I went to this camp as a child for many years. I went back to work there as an adult and had a blast.
Was hardly worth my time and effort unfortunately.
Environmental Health and Safety Consultant (Former Employee), Estes Park, COAugust 14, 2012
Pros: lunch was without cost.
Cons: management and overall employee attitudes stunk.
A typical workday was in reviewing safety policies and programs and formulating new policies and programs in order to bring them up to date with current OSHA regulations for compliance.
I learned that if you are an outsider in this organization, that you are going to be treated with extreme indifference and that proclaimed Christians usually are not.
Management – more... was not in the least interested in change or compliance issues as they pertained to safety and health, esspecially if it cost money or meant they had to change the way they were operating.
Co-workers were some of the rudest people I have ever met. They would walk within inches of me and not acknowledge that I was there, I would sit down at a lunch table with different employees and be categorically ignored, I would receive stares and behind the back remarks and was made to feel altogether very unwelcome.
The hardest part of the job was in arriving for work every day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving for home every day.
The YMCA of The Rockies proclaims itself as a Christian organization and yet they are some of the rudest and un-Christian people it has ever been my misfortune to meet - not all of them by any means, but certainly too many of them especially in management positions. – less
Ethical & safe, mountain sanctuary.
Craft & Design Center - Instructor (Current Employee), Estes Park, COJuly 7, 2012
Pros: housing provided
Cons: housing is old
Worked here for four summers in a row, rustic living conditions, but overall pleasant and exciting.
Right next to Rocky Mountain National Park - great hiking!
Hard work, low pay, but that's not why one gets a job here, it's for the people and the mountains.