YMCA of the Suncoast

YMCA of the Suncoast Employee Reviews

For the most part enjoyable
Counselor (Former Employee), Lecanto, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: loved being with the kids and making friends
Cons: breaks sometimes skipped, and often was over ratio to children:staff
I enjoyed my first year at YMCA. I gained so much experience with children I wanted to come back! My second was a bit difficult due to over hiring, indecent management, and miscommunication between employers and employees. However, I enjoyed my time spent here and loved the field trips!
Nice workplace
Youth Specialist (Current Employee), Spring Hill, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: structured routines, awesome co-workers.
Cons: communications problems with director.
The most enjoyable part of the job...the kids! Each one had their own little personality which always made the days interesting and different each day. I was truly blessed for my opportunity there.
Fun workplace
YOUTH SPECIALIST (Former Employee), CountrysideDecember 3, 2013
Pros: leanyent on schedule and hours
Cons: no healthcare, hour cuts, inconsistant
My co workers are amazing, but the main management is hard to work with. The organization has good intentions but does not always follow though. You should not work here unless you actually care about kids and want to make a difference in their lives.
The YMCA is a good place to work but there are limited hours.
Wellness Floor Coach (Current Employee), Trinity, FLJuly 24, 2012
Being part of the YMCA staff is rewarding because you feel like you're helping the people in your community stay healthy and productive. Working on the fitness floor has taught me to demonstrate exercise techniques to members and be a good listener. I enjoy working with my co-workers mainly because we are all different ages and we all have something unique to offer. The hardest part of the job sometimes is to stand for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the progress our members make with their weight loss and health.
Fun while working with children.
Youth Specialist (Current Employee), Spring Hill, FLMay 3, 2012
Pros: easy to set hours
Cons: watching your hours and late meetings.
As with any job you have good days and bad. the good days out weigh the bad. I throughly enjoy working with my class and teacher. The only down side is some times poor communication late meetings and watching your hours.