YMCA of the Suncoast

YMCA of the Suncoast Employer Reviews

Fun workplace
YOUTH SPECIALIST (Former Employee), CountrysideDecember 3, 2013
Pros: leanyent on schedule and hours
Cons: no healthcare, hour cuts, inconsistant
My co workers are amazing, but the main management is hard to work with. The organization has good intentions but does not always follow though. You should not work here unless you actually care about kids and want to make a difference in their lives.
The YMCA is a good place to work but there are limited hours.
Wellness Floor Coach (Current Employee), Trinity, FLJuly 24, 2012
Being part of the YMCA staff is rewarding because you feel like you're helping the people in your community stay healthy and productive. Working on the fitness floor has taught me to demonstrate exercise techniques to members and be a good listener. I enjoy working with my co-workers mainly because we are all different ages and we all have something – more... unique to offer. The hardest part of the job sometimes is to stand for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the progress our members make with their weight loss and health. – less
Fun while working with children.
Youth Specialist (Current Employee), Spring Hill, FLMay 3, 2012
Pros: easy to set hours
Cons: watching your hours and late meetings.
As with any job you have good days and bad. the good days out weigh the bad. I throughly enjoy working with my class and teacher. The only down side is some times poor communication late meetings and watching your hours.