YMCA of the Suncoast Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun work environment
Member Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FlAugust 5, 2015
I worked at the front desk of the YMCA. I helped set up memberships and got members signed up for programs. The more I learned with the YMCA, the more I was able to contribute to spreading information throughout the branch. I love what the YMCA stands for and enjoyed working with my employees. The job was very fast paced as a lot goes from the time the doors open to when they close. Everyday was something different, but it was exciting and kept me busy.
Productive and fun work place with great managment!
Member Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 26, 2015
A typical day at the YMCA of the Suncoast is indescribable. New things every day I come in. I've learned how to be a better customer service employee and the management is great! They get to know you on a personal level and make sure you're comfortable every day! Hardest part of the job is the complaints, most enjoyable is when you actually help someone out and make a day.
Pros
Great co-workers, great management
Cons
Too short of hours, shifts not long enough.
For the most part enjoyable
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed my first year at YMCA. I gained so much experience with children I wanted to come back! My second was a bit difficult due to over hiring, indecent management, and miscommunication between employers and employees. However, I enjoyed my time spent here and loved the field trips!
Pros
loved being with the kids and making friends
Cons
breaks sometimes skipped, and often was over ratio to children:staff
Nice workplace
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLFebruary 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job...the kids! Each one had their own little personality which always made the days interesting and different each day. I was truly blessed for my opportunity there.
Pros
structured routines, awesome co-workers.
Cons
communications problems with director.
Fun workplace
YOUTH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  CountrysideDecember 3, 2013
My co workers are amazing, but the main management is hard to work with. The organization has good intentions but does not always follow though. You should not work here unless you actually care about kids and want to make a difference in their lives.
Pros
leanyent on schedule and hours
Cons
no healthcare, hour cuts, inconsistant
The YMCA is a good place to work but there are limited hours.
Wellness Floor Coach (Current Employee) –  Trinity, FLJuly 24, 2012
Being part of the YMCA staff is rewarding because you feel like you're helping the people in your community stay healthy and productive. Working on the fitness floor has taught me to demonstrate exercise techniques to members and be a good listener. I enjoy working with my co-workers mainly because we are all different ages and we all have something unique to offer. The hardest part of the job sometimes is to stand for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the progress our members make with their weight loss and health.
Fun while working with children.
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 3, 2012
As with any job you have good days and bad. the good days out weigh the bad. I throughly enjoy working with my class and teacher. The only down side is some times poor communication late meetings and watching your hours.
Pros
easy to set hours
Cons
watching your hours and late meetings.