YMCA Employee Reviews

Found 10,524 reviews matching the search
Summer Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 21, 2017
--Worked with children and swimming classes for student and children of all ages. This has been a community service job also with the outside area and school students
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work, good managment
Child Care (Current Employee) –  Eagle, IDFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of checking kids in and out, watching and playing with kids while maintaining a clean and organized work place. I learned a lot of patience, and how to multi task.
Management was good, as long as you did what you needed to do, and went above and beyond. The culture was always busy, but it was always so much fun. The hardest part of the day was just keeping an eye on multiple children, while checking people in and out, and or cleaning. The most enjoyable part of the job was making and creating relationships with the kids and parents.
Pros
so much fun
Cons
busy
Summer employment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 21, 2017
Summer employment for three months. A great experience for a new employee. Offered incentive to earn extra money after hours. Also the environment was conductive to assist children of all race, creed, and nationality.
Pros
Time Schedule-
Cons
Had to bring own lunch with very little down time.
Loved working for the Y.
Member Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 21, 2017
My team at the Y was outstanding. A great group of people and fun work environment. It is a wonderful company to work for. Working in member services you had the ability to meet many new people and make life long connections.
Very rewarding position
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 21, 2017
This is a fun rewarding job. I worked with mostly underprivileged kids at a before and after school program in the school district. we just helped with life skills, homework, and a positive outlook on life and its obstacles.
Pros
fun, relaxed, rewarding
Cons
pay is bad
Loved It
Conference Staff (Former Employee) –  Trinity, TXFebruary 21, 2017
The YMCA is a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed my time there, with the staff and also the guests of the facility. The YMCA is an equal opportunity place of work but also for the guests. Everyone is valued and taken care of.
Is very productice and a great place.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJFebruary 21, 2017
It was a very fun place to work at had a swimming pool for the kids and the workers . Everyone got along on the job , we went on fun trips with the kids and I learned how much kids actually look up towards the older kids in the environment .
Good work environment. Fun and safe.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Great work environment, involved in the community, provides a lot of services, and fun and safe. Great communication and flexibility.
The company kept me busy.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2017
The great thing about working with this company is they have access to all YMCA centers of greater cleveland so there was never a day we didnt have work to do! From a scrub & recoat of tile floors to cleaning the facilities.
Pros
Free membership to exercise!
Cons
Travel time
Working for the ymca is a great experience, great to meet people and improve on communication skills
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at work was always surprising to be honest, dealing with the kids and a new activity or drills was amazing. It gave the kids a reason to come everyday with a positive attitude. Every Friday we had a new visitor which kept the kids motivated to find out. It was comfortable and welcoming with the staff and kids, and giving them advice to helping them out to improve is a good feeling.
Great people unsatisfactory pay.
Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOFebruary 20, 2017
The programs and the people at the YMCA were great. The hours, wages, and benefits were not for the last time employee I was.
Pros
Great people, enriching experience
Cons
No benefits, low pay, short hours
Fun place to work
staff (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Loved working with kids of all ages and the staff was very friendly. Highly recommend working in this type of environment.
Productive and a great place to work
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MOFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at the YMCA because of the great staff and customers. I would recommend working here. Each day was fun and exciting.
Pros
Free Memberships
Cons
Short breaks
The YMCA is a good place to work
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Working an after school program/ summer camp for the YMCA was rewarding. The compensation/ benefits are not great and there is little room for advancement. My manager was wonderful but had to quit due to the YMCA benefits not meeting the needs of her and her family which seems to be the reason everyone, including myself, quit this job.
Great summer/ college student job
Youth Leader II (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 20, 2017
If your looking for your first job you can't go wrong. Constant interacting with the community. Flexible hours. Up beat and young vibe. Lots of positions.
Pros
flexible
Cons
best for college students
Great environment with members management can be unforgiving.
Lead Membership Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Great people and lovely facility. Great experience to eork and then work out.
Policies are always changing with the inability to properly train staff due to not having front desk experience. Upper management seem to overlook the amount of work it takes to man the welcome center and hire Sr. director over membership that doesn't have membership director experience.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome members
Cons
Management can tend to be bias and selective with enforcing rules depending on the employee.
Great place to wok
Day Camp Specialty Music Counselor (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, COFebruary 20, 2017
I worked here over summer during college and loved the environment that the YMCA provides. It was rewarding to get to work with the kids as well as with the other counselors each week.
Pros
Community building
Cons
Compensation
Productive and fun
East Valley Program Nurse, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Claryville, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Excellent place to work
I would go back any day
workplace culture was optimal
hardest part: to me, it was fun and challenging, not hard
enjoyable: the personal growth, and of course, the kids
management: could not be any better, supportive, and inspiring
Productive and fun
Custodian Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 20, 2017
Supervised and coordinated activities of workers engaged in cleaning machines, equipment and work areas in food and beverage industry.
Successfully managed a 2-person team doing maintenance.
i love to go work there
Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 20, 2017
It's a great facilities great co-worker they care about peoples, I work there as a soccer instructor it's a pleasure for me to go to work with a group a children every single time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.