YMCA Employee Reviews

Found 11,146 reviews matching the search
the staff was extremely racist with the exception of few
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2017
the staff was extremely racist. the cleaning staff was overworked and very understaffed!! the when i first started to work there the building had about 3-4 Maintenance staff members at all times but as time went on they started to fire the fulltime employees and put more work on whoever was left. by the time i left on any given day the building had a max of 1 employee working the building pretty much alone.
Cons
the front desk staff refused to inforce ymca policy on members who broke them
Awesome place
Lead Teacher for One year olds (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIApril 18, 2017
LOVED working for the YMCA. Only thing that sent me away was the lack of job security when the Y was going through a tough time. knowing that the Y is getting back on their feet its going to be the same great place it was before.
Fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYApril 18, 2017
This was a fun summer job to have. It is a hard days work with children but it is fun. Definitely good with children and patience. Good time and good hours for the summer.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
nothing
Ymca
Lead Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 18, 2017
Working at the YMCA Was a amazing experience. I had the chance to meet and help people experience a all around family environment. I was the Lead Wellness Coach and I trained up the on coming wellness coaches to be able to help our members utilized our facility to its full potential.
Pros
Great Job experience working with a wide variety of people
Cons
no health care and no full time opportunities
Fun place to work
MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IowaApril 18, 2017
Great place to work everyone is very nice and easy to work with.
Members are always very nice and happy when you say hello to them. Great 403 plan, you get a free adult membership with being hired.
Pros
Great members
Cons
na
Great if you are in a Branch Location
Child Care Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 18, 2017
When I 1st began working for the YMCA it was a fun place to work but that changed when different management was brought into handle the everyday operations.
blah
Nursery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 18, 2017
I loved the job and the members, I didn't like the compensation or the pay. the work was not worth the pay, not even a little bit. Very unappreciated.
Pros
free membership
Cons
bad compensation
Very Fun And Uplifting Place To Work At!
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYApril 18, 2017
Its great to a bunch of different personalities working together and becoming as one. TeamWork is number on their scale and its always a pleasure coming to work.
Pros
Provides Snacks
Cons
To Short Of Shifts
great
Assistant Supervisor Youth Sport Clinics (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2017
great place to work fun atmosphere. the most enjoyable part of the job was coaching the children in a lot of different sports. Coworkers and boss were nice and fun people to be around.
Great part time job
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 17, 2017
The YMCA is a great place to work during. This isn't a place to go if you're looking to make a lot of money but the work and atmosphere is great. The main principle is giving back and embedding a healthy lifestyle for the members and the relationships are great.
Fun workplace
Sports Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2017
If you have a passion to make a change in someones life, the YMCA is a great place for that to happen. There are plenty of opportunities within the YMCA, and not only will you help the people around you grow, you will help yourself as well.
Productive workplace where the job is taken seriously
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mt Iron, MNApril 17, 2017
There's always a fun energy when you come to work. Everyone there likes their jobs and they do it to the best of their ability. I learned to take my job seriously even if it doesn't seem like you're doing anything productive. Especially being a life guard, you never know when someone is going to need your help. That would also have to be the hardest part. You need to stay on your toes at all times, and remember to practice your skills when you're not working in case you need them.
Management was good at staying in contact and very understanding of schedule conflicts.
Great for the community
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 17, 2017
I have a strong affinity for the YMCA. Thankfully I worked in a facility with childcare and members where I could see how my work impacted my community on a daily basis.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAApril 17, 2017
The Y is a good place for young students to start out and work their way up the ladder. The environment is support and fun. The staff and members always are smiling and are happy to be there.
Ymca
Daycare/camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 17, 2017
I feel that my experience at the YMCA was great! I had worked there for 3+ years as a camp counselor and daycare worker. I also hosted events and volunteered at the front desk (age requirement)
Pros
Free membership
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 17, 2017
I loved working at the YMCA because there was always something to do, you were always active. I also enjoyed working there because it was different activities to do everyday.
Very disappointed
n/a (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 17, 2017
Low pay, poor management especially in child care.
I loved working with the kids. Site assistants are devalued and underpaid.
This YMCA seemed all about getting the rich clientele, rather than helping children of the community. Sad...
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Child Care Services Dir.
Ymca is very good with working with schedules. As an individual you gain a lot of experience from your mentors.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 17, 2017
Ymca is place that can feel like home. Your bosses and coworkers will become family. I always enjoy coming to work even if it is to work out or clock in.
summary
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLApril 16, 2017
the hardest part of this Job is helping members while putting someone else in for the day. The best part of work here is getting to know the members and having a good time talking and laugh with them.
I was a volunteer so I cant say exactly how working there would be.
Volunteer Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA 98682April 16, 2017
I volunteered, but the staff, especially my manager, were nice and fun.
Im just going to finish using up my minimum characters by typing this out. Thanks.
Pros
Caring Staff
Cons
Facility gets dirty fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.