Yodle Employee Reviews in United States

Innovative Leader in Online Advertising
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
First of all, they know how to recruit. Never met someone that did not fit the company Values.
It was a pleasure to deliver exceptional customer service and premier product which delivered results to small businesses around the country to most types of industries.
Pay for performance model kept all the employees and myself to be engaged and seek to better our knowledge and customer service skills.
Yodle keeps up with the changes in technology, marketing and client feedback having made the experience intriguing and personally fulfilling.
Pros
Free Lunches, Casual attire, team builders
Cons
exponential growth which sacrificed product and customer service quality
not much to say
SMB Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2016
there are so many things wrong with this company dont even know where to start. they need some work. could be worse though.
Great Entry-Level Job, No advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2016
Learn a lot, great entry into sales, but very little promotion from within. Everything is scripted so at a certain point the development stops. Very little room for growth. Fun atmosphere, great people, just a dead-end. Typical cold-calling sales job, with your hip millennial-friendly perks like ping-pong and happy hour.
Pros
Fun environment, great entry-level job
Cons
No Career Advancement, micromanagement
outbound calls
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2016
Yodle was not a very good company to work.

For example, your not givin the proper data to makes sales with and the leads they generate are garbage. Some of the manager should not be managers due to the lack of there closing ability. really crazy enviroment to be in
Pros
learned how to cold call in a stressful work area
Cons
to loudin work area when trying to sale
fast pace sales environment,
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2016
If you can handle the sales roller coaster you will be able to make a lot of money.
Its a great job, it is not a career.
Cold calling 50 plus small businesses a day selling yodle's award winning turn key, SEO, PPC suite of products so they can reach their customers better and make their phone ring.
Pros
the serve beer on fridays
Cons
low base 20k
Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 29, 2016
Cold calling
Online marketing
Cool co-workers
sales charge backs (churns)- you make a sale, if the Client services team doesn't do a job good an making the customer happy you lose your sale. (not in your control)
Pros
Free snack
Cons
Management needs to get better
Awesome Culture, Lots of Opportunity
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I really enjoy the culture, shooting nerf guns and listening to music while making calls to help local business owners.
start-up culture
Microsoft T-SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2016
It is easy for new employees to adopt to their culture and the management is great. You will like the location if you enjoy the city life.
Great Company.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Working ay Yodle was a great sales experience for someone who has never done sales.The training program is very good. I think you they should give more training on the sales floor.
Pros
Training
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities.
great place to start your sales career
Sales Executive/Trade Show Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2016
This is a very entry level cold calling center for outsourced online marketing. A great place to start your sales career if you need some experience. You CAN make some great money here if you can climb the ladder and call into the more profitable industries.
Pros
great place to start and can make some great money
Cons
long hours of cold calling and very stressful
Cold Calling with Very Little Opportunity
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
I gave this place 3 weeks, even after learning that it was just Cold Calling Lawyers and Other rude business owners. You follow a cut and dry script, and success chance is about 1%. Sure the culture is nice, "Free" lunch. The base pay is a joke. Expect to call 200 calls a day with maybe one successful sale that you don't get to make.

The management seems nice, but in training alone, she was trash talking the entire staff, Not very professional.

Beer and Wine on Friday afternoons to promote drunk driving is really nice though. First come first serve.
Pros
"Free Lunch" (okay quality), okay coworkers
Cons
pay, actual job, tools for success don't exist.
Postive work environment
Inside Sales Representative, I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2015
Great place learn good sales techniques, and a positive work environment. Management is always there to assist on every sales opportunity.
100% Cold Calling
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2015
The culture and management were fantastic, but nothing could make cold calling enjoyable. The telemarketing scripts sound pushy and aggressive, and it didn't help that they were deceptive. I say "deceptive" because I found many contradictions in the wording – blatantly obvious contradictions. Now, my peers and management there really did care about my professional growth, but the work did not fit with my personality or values.
Pros
Culture, free lunch every day with matching 401(k)
Cons
Benefits aren't that great, low 401(k) match.
Fun and dynamic work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2015
They have a huge gong that goes off anytime someone makes a sale and it is a fun time indeed. They have free lunches provided everyday for all employees.
The Yodle Experience
Essentials Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2015
On the outset, Yodle looked like a great fit. I already had experience working with clientele on the phone, and adjusting to the original script was not difficult. I was given two segments (which kinds of business I called, i.e. interior designers, real estate agents, general contractors, etc.) each of which required different wording and training. However, after a month in training and another month in the "Excelerator Bay" (sic) I found that the leads we were being given in those two months were newer and better quality than the leads we got on the actual sales floor. Another problem that arose was that I was selected to take part in an experiment in which new scripts were being used. This didn't seem like a bad thing at first, but the fact that I had to re-adjust to a new script, I was given old leads who had heard it all before, and about every month or so they changed my segments without training me on how to communicate with that segments' business owners, I had pretty much given up hope that I could succeed no matter how many businesses I called. So basically, if you want to succeed there, you need to self-source all your leads and get on your managers' case about training for new segments.
Pros
Free lunches, Friday evening happy hour, great commission plans, healthcare
Cons
High-pressure, numbers are based on leads within the company, not self-sourcing
Challenging work place
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2015
Great place to work, we are a team of 20 inbound reps. I take inbound calls everyday from customers. I deal with seo or ppc issues. I recommend and advise on budgets and campaigns. As i am tenured I enjoy helping anyone on my team with any issues that they may confront. My manager knows that i am here to mean business monday thru friday.
Pros
Free Lunch - I Am Self Managed
Cons
Parking
Yodle
Local Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2015
As a sales rep I'm responsible for making 100+ outbound phone calls to prospective small business owners ideally in the Real Estate industry and expected to close 2-3 deals per week.
Pros
tremendous coaching and managing on sales calls
Cons
low base salary
Fun Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasSeptember 2, 2015
I learned numerous things on the tech side of the work force. The management was not what I expected. My co-workers were amazing though.
Pros
benifets/ friendship
Cons
being promised things that wont happen
Good group of people
Marketing Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2015
Good culture for younger business professionals. Learn how to work with smaller accounts and business owners.

Work hard, play hard
Fun place to work at
Local Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 7, 2015
Very difficult to consistently meet 120 calls a day.
Leads provided where not quality leads.
My co-workers where all very nice and helpful.
Pros
Free coffee, fridays they offer beer and snacks after 5pm. Good training
Cons
Very fast paced environment.