Yodle

Yodle Employer Reviews

Telemarketing
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 7, 2014
Worst company to work for its a telemarketing gig don't take it anyone can work there.
Typical Day
Collections Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch, freedom to create your own hours
Cons: micromanaged, poor bonus structure
Yodle has a great culture but the management has been coming down hard on teams that have top performers. Lunch is great, new caterers are amazing. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers on a daily basis that are less than happy. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom I have to do my job the way I see necessary.
Good Opp
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2014
Its advertisement so you money isn't guaranteed. If you make a deal and if they aren't happy in the 2nd month that comes out of your check.
fun company
Sales Development (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: on computer 9 years
I enjoyed working there. I liked the incentives, culture and trips.
Fun place to work
Sales rep (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 24, 2014
The culture is good and the people are great-there are a lot of bright people here. They can tend to push for micro-management which is a struggle for a lot of people. Overall it's a good place to grow and move up in the world.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Austin TxJuly 17, 2014
I enjoyed every minute, fun environment, fun people, helpful, no micro management, GREAT commission!!
face paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 1, 2014
This is a face paced Call Center enviroment. Lots of opportunities to make $$$ if you are a hard working sales person.
Productive, fun atmosphere with games, Liberal
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 1, 2014
Yodle was a fantastic place to work. This was my first big boy job. This is where I first learned about sales and I still have friends from this company to this day.
Best place I've ever worked
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great atmosphere
Cons: pay can be a little below average
Great company from a standpoint of "right market at the right time" .. which echos throughout the organizational culture.

I enjoy working with the extremely energetic and upbeat culture... there is a vibe to the people around you that is contagious.

The free lunches and friday afternoon beer kegs are something that you don't see very often.

I've – more... worked in about 10 companies in my 15 yr career ... Yodle is by far the funnest and I actually look forward to going to work each day. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: loud environment
Loved my fellow employees and the management. Great place to work!
Productive and pleasant management
Trainer and Configuration Specialist (Former Employee), Sugar Hill, GAMay 16, 2014
I enjoyed working at Yodle, Inc. The work was always challenging and enjoyable. As for the staff and management, they were all always helpful.
No upward mobility, no clear cut career paths, and treated like children
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 15, 2014
Pros: free food (albeit junk food)
Cons: all of the above
You may be treated like a child and by this I mean the benefits and incentives Yodle offers are not competitive. I pay almost $500 a month for health insurance for myself and one child. There is no 401k matching and no plans for it. Their tuition reimbursement plan is just about enough to cover 1.5 courses at a state university. In short, everything – more... an adult with a family would be looking for concerning benefits and ongoing educational support is not there - this includes a clear cut path to salary increases and potential promotion.

What they do offer is candy, chips, cookies, free soda-pop, free t-shirts. Fantastic. If you're just out of college and don't yet have many responsibilities this may be a great gig for you, no offense intended. I really feel like 10 years ago I would have been elated to be working in this environment, free mac and cheese, what else could I want? But beware the entrenched middle management members who have very little experience, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon and this creates a vacuum where there is very little opportunity to move forward with your career. Don't get me wrong, many people were promoted, but many of them were the same individuals being singled out over and over and many of the "promotions" were just lateral moves. In most cases we are being asked to do more and more work with no increase in compensation. This was done until the employee gets burnt out and then leaves or gets fired for a "bad attitude" and then an all too eager replacement is hired to start the cycle over. This has become the Yodle way: do not develop or encourage the talent you have, get what you can from them until they are disgruntled, then replace them. In my eyes, this is a massive failure of management because they haven't taken the time to get to know their workforce, the talent that they have, or how to develop each individual. They are far too busy with their daily dose of meetings and their own personal projects to really develop anyone.

To put this another way, many of the teams at Yodle don't have managers, they have project managers who sit with the team every now and again; the rest of the time you may never see them. You and the members of the team will support each other and get to know each other very well, which is great. But not so great when it comes time to try and get promoted to bigger and better things. Your manager never had time to set out a goal plan for you and is rarely understanding of where your talents lie because they don't have the time to collaborate or get to know you. Whether this culture is by design or by accident, It is unfortunate that this is the type of leadership model Yodle currently embraces.

Finally and most importantly, I was very disappointed that their company values were not taken seriously. When I chose to live and work by them I was disciplined. I realize most companies use their marketed "values" as just that, window dressing and not really a code by which employees should use to make their decisions. It was also very frustrating to see that a year ago Yodle was a very accepting environment to work within; very little arrogance from the management staff and everyone seemed eager to cut through the BS and hear suggestions from everyone. Now, there is too much ego, too much arrogance, too much money being thrown around and the culture has suffered greatly as a result. – less
Good entry level
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 9, 2014
Coworkers and environment are amazing. Micro managing, awful salary. Most everyone leaves before a year. Everyone usually says "good job getting out" and "lucky" as you quit for another job.
Fun Environment - High Stress
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2014
Overall great environment and people to work for, however it's a very stressful job. Must meet bi monthly quotas and expect to dial, dial, dial.
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Austin,TXMarch 25, 2014
Great Place to work. Very competitive. nothing more to say. I on't want to go on and on.
Repetitive Heaven
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 19, 2014
too repetitive for someone like me. I wanna get creative in my job and its not so flexible when it comes to that. I do think they treat employees well. If this was what I saw for the rest of my life, I would be content.
Great atmosphere, room for advancement but hard
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 20, 2014
Fun environment, and there was room for advancement, but it took out of site standards to be promoted. Underpaid.
Productive day and great culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TxFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great commissions
Cons: the consistant cold calling
work on the phones all day long cold calling. The management is great and the people there are. The growth is great and opportunity to move up is good. The hardest part of the job is making calls over and over again and the most enjoyable is making money and being around the great people.
Great Starting Point for Career
Performance Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2014
Good place to start your career, you will learn a lot. Be ready for change. They are starting to get more corporate which can be good and or not great depending on what you are seeking in a company.
Horrible Management
Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2013
Pros: unlimited vacation
Cons: no vision, horrible management, no advancement, no creativity
This company has no direction and unqualified personnel as management. They test ideas by throwing things to the wall and seeing if they stick (no method to their madness). They invest their time and money in the wrong type of resources. If you want a job with no creativity, a non-competitive salary and no opportunity for advancement, then this is the – more... job for you! The ONLY positive was unlimited vacation, which they still monitor and record, so I assume it will be taken away shortly. – less

About Yodle

Yodle provides local businesses with a simple way to get more customers and phone calls using online advertising. Yodle, a company – Read more