Yodle

Yodle Employee Reviews

Great place to begin a career in a fast paced young environment.
Marketing Associate Team Lead (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, camaraderie, good work/life balance.
Cons: Low pay, movement can be difficult.
The company strives to keep the culture young, energetic, and enjoyable. It actually feels, for the most part, genuine. But because so many people want to work there, they are able to offer lower salaries – more... which can be frustrating for those that have friends in similar positions with companies in similar fields.

A lot of our job is done through an in-house API but since I have been promoted I deal more with the logistics of the day to day as well as managing personnel. – less
Pool table
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Cold calling
Cold calling is not as fun as it sounds. It is a great work environment the job itself is hard and it isn't as rewarding as you would think.
Fun and energetic place to work
Small Business & Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2015
Contacting small business owners for consultation with Online-Marketing.
I was able to learn beneficial organizational skills to keep track of various accounts. I also was able to develop basic salesperson – more... services while sharpening my communication skills.
Management did a great job of thoroughly training and expressing employee expectations.
Co-workers as well as the overall energy was great. Everyone showed great team comradery on a daily basis.
Hardest part of the job is effectively communicating the customer.
The high energy and atmosphere is the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Fun work enviroment for a very stressful job
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 11, 2015
A typical day consisted of making outbound calls to attorneys and insurance agents in attempt to sell them online advertising. Unfortunately, we had to adhere to a strict call script, and we never were taught about the actual product and packages we were selling. Management was average, while fellow co workers seemed to want to help whenever possible.
Great Job Culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 30, 2015
It is a call center with an aggressive approach to cold calling. It is not a fun thing to do, however management and coworkers do their best to keep things fun.
Yodle was a leader in Search Engine Optimization.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Yodle provided a good work environment. They had a great training program and nurtured employees. The hours were long and it was a long, productive day.
high stress
sales rep (Current Employee), austinApril 14, 2015
Make about 150 cold call dials a day. It depends on which segment you have to call, but you can get burned out with the job really quickly. Most of the time it may not be you, but rather the segment your calling.

Constant fear of getting fired if you dont meet the minimum, and they don't tell you this at the beginning of the job. some people move across the country for this... shady.
very fun place to work for
Sales Development Rep (Contracted) (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 5, 2015
It was very rewarding to be able to perform SWAT analysis for various small companies. It was my responsibility to be able to provide customer satisfaction with a professional and prompt manner and come up with a marketing plan while trying to stick to sales quota.
Telemarketing with questionable sales tactics.
sales (Former Employee), austinMarch 23, 2015
Pros: the people and environment
Cons: scripts, pushy and deceptive sales tactics.
The people are great there, but the job is awful. It's set up as a two call close with pushy rebuttals to get the credit card from the customer.
The first call is to ask for 10 mins to give the presentation which usually takes 45 mins to an hour.
great work environment
Software Sales Consultant (Current Employee), austinMarch 14, 2015
• Logical reasoning and learning skills
• Leadership and possessing a positive attitude
• Communication skills and extreme product knowledge
• Ingenuity
• Ability to work well with others and being a team player
• cold calling
• meeting pay period RV gross and excel probl
Great vision but lacks preparation
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, employee appreciation days
Cons: micro management, aggressive accountablity
Yodle is a good company to help any one understand the Online Marketing Industry a bit better. They are always developing new ways to incorporate the latest marking trends into their product set.

Most – more... of the managers care for their agents and want to see them to succeed. There is a good combination of hard work and positive reinforcement to ensure that clients needs are handled correctly and efficiently.

The only opportunity is that the company maintains a "Leap Before They Look" mentality which may lead to discovering new achievements but at times has negative impact on the front line employees.

Care about the employees as much as you care about your clients and the company would reap the rewards. – less
Great work environment with a superior marketing platform.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at Yodle includes making 100-150 cold calls to SMB owners identifying areas of opportunity for ROI and increased exposure for their business.

During my time with Yodle I've learned the psychology – more... involved in sales. I've learned how to listen to clients chief concerns and how to address them proactively.

Management is comprised of knowledgeable men and women who are not only subject matter experts on our platform but also experienced closers. They have proven to be proficient in using logic to minimize clients concerns.

The most difficult aspect of the job is that in order to be successful you have to be self motivated. Your success is predicated on that days performance.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and culture. – less
The place is cool the job sucks
Yodle/Lighthouse360 (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch, ping pong music
Cons: the job
Ive been workin for yodle since october 2014. my first month did very well and was awarded the top rookie award. from there on out i just started realizing how much i couldnt stand the job. not to mention – more... two of the sales that i had passed to another rep that closed did not get split with me. very frustrating when you are doing so much work for only 9 dollars an hour. bottom line wasnt happy so i left – less
High turnover due to unreasonable call volume standards
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 8-5
Cons: high call volume, high expectations, claw backs from commissions earned
130+ calls daily and you make talk to 12-15 decision makers. Wears you down mentally. Mgmt will work with you if you can grind it out. Special personality needed.
Laid back workplace
Software Technician (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 5, 2015
This is a good place to work. I would recommend to any that are looking for this type of workplace.
productive fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: no long term
learned better sales techniques
management was good
high call volume
high stress
Telemarketing
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 7, 2014
Worst company to work for its a telemarketing gig don't take it anyone can work there.
Typical Day
Collections Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch, freedom to create your own hours
Cons: micromanaged, poor bonus structure
Yodle has a great culture but the management has been coming down hard on teams that have top performers. Lunch is great, new caterers are amazing. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers on a daily basis that are less than happy. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom I have to do my job the way I see necessary.
Good Opp
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2014
Its advertisement so you money isn't guaranteed. If you make a deal and if they aren't happy in the 2nd month that comes out of your check.
fun company
Sales Development (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: on computer 9 years
I enjoyed working there. I liked the incentives, culture and trips.
Headquarters