Yodle Employee Reviews

Cold calling
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2017
This was a good launching off job into the corporate sales environment. It very much had a "start up" environment with all the bells and whistles in tow. They expected you to make 150 calls a day which was more quantity versus quality.
Inside sales with a very casual culture
Inside Sales and Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2017
This is an excellent place to get your feet wet and learn about the ins and outs of digital marketing B2B. I was here for 3 years and 9 months, had the opportunity to work hard and get the most out of my sales. The management gave employees the opportunity to work overtime and a lot of employers don't allow that, so to me, that was an advantage, when I had the opportunity to do so.

The benefits are average, they offer a 401K plan, but when I was there they didn't match it.

The hardest part of the job is getting into the mental mind set of cold calling every day for 8 hours, when you are mentally there everything else is easy and setting meetings is very smooth.

The culture at Yodle is and always has been very casual, since it is over the phone calling. I always feel my best when I dress professionally, but you make it what it is and many people find that they have an input on what types of events and games happen.

I learned that you make it what it is, the more open minded you are with sales, the more you get out of the position and the more you learn and grow. The sky is the limit here, but don't burn yourself out, it's important to go slow and come to work mentally refreshed.
Pros
Snacks everyday, weekly contests for motivation, very high commissions, weekly trainings
Cons
a lot of turnover, 401K was not matched
It's a pure numbers game.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
You will be measured on phone calls, demo opportunities created, and your close rate. If you succeed in one vertical - you will stay with it. Call, call, call!!
Pros
Free lunch - energetic atmosphere.
Cons
2 call close atmosphere, parroting call structure.
An innovative and fostering working environment
Sales training manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJanuary 4, 2017
- A typical work day will consisted of engaging with a team and feeding off of others self motivation to achieve a collective goal.
- I learned the art of over the phone sales and how to manage a team that hit sales goals while training them new material.
-As a manager I learned numerous techniques for enhancing individuals performance and creating an positive environment.
- My fellow trainers and sales mangers created a team which was bonded together by shared experience of cold calling
- The hardest part of any over the phone sales job is hearing the no's its how you deal with adversity which makes you a strong salesperson.
-Inspiring others brought me the most joy in this position, teaching someone with no sales experience how to close a deal is life changing.
Pros
free lunch, great atmosphere, upward mobility
Cons
bad work life balance and benefits
Cant say enough good things
Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 28, 2016
I want to make it very clear, THIS IS A CALL CENTER JOB. 150ish calls a day is normal. However, outside of the call center aspect, Yodle's entire culture is to make sure the employees are happy and energized. Several times a week the managers just stop everyone in whatever they are doing if energy is low to play a game or something to get everyone laughing and moving again. And the training is far and away the best youll get in a call center. Yodle is DESPERATE for you to succeed, all you have to do is listen and have thick enough skin to do the calls.
Pros
Company culture is phenominal, You have to keep your head on a swivel or you might get a nerf dart to the side of the head, Not to mention the commission structure is INSANE.
Cons
The calls can be rough on some days. 150 dials with no responces our movement can be demoralizing, but tough it out.
Great engineering team
Senior Devops Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2016
Great environment for day to day work and interactions with coworkers. Not much room for advancement however. Teams are well run and organized and compensation is more than fair. Office is big and well lit with natural light.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Has gone through several aquasitions, sprawling technology stack
Not enjoyable.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2016
Seems like a cool work environment on the outside and on paper, but it is not enough to hide the fact that the days are long, and unsatisfying. Hard to get behind the product that you are selling.
Productive and fun work environment
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2016
Working at Yodle Inc., has been one to the greatest work experiences I've had. It has allowed me the opportunity to develope and grow in a demanding workplace.
Pros
Free lunches, Excellent teams, amazing culture
Cons
Local Customer Service is relocating
Good Place To Start
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78753October 9, 2016
Took really good care of their employees however work/life balance was difficult. Although the job was strenuous it has prepared me to function in high pressure sales.
Great Environment
Retention Consultant/ Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2016
great work environment. There are always new things going on to keep the employees engaged and happy. It makes the day go by and also keeps the morale high. In retention client can be very difficult but you have to know how to separate that from your personal life and it all works out.
Pros
free lunches, great culture
Cons
difficult clients
Best company I ever worked for!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 4, 2016
The hardest part about the job was the roller coaster sales experience. Bouncing back from rejections but my co-workers and management were all so full of positivity and never ending support. I actually learned a lot about myself at Yodle. It was a very competitive environment which challenged me to be better and achieve my goals.
Pros
Fun and positive atmosphere
Fun, Energetic Work Place
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2016
The Culture at Yodle is amazing. Our goal each day is to provide the best client experience that we can offer. I teach clients' how to use our program that will help them market their business online.
My favorite part of my job is that the customers I assist have recently wanted to cancel the program but after I help them establish a marketing strategy they give us another chance.
There are many online survey from my clients that rave about their experience with me.
Pros
Free Lunch, Family Like Atmosphere
Cons
Buy out- lost our jobs
Its a starter job
Software Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Its a starter sales job. It has a very low retention rate of employees of longer then months, in sales. But its a good job to cut your teeth on.
Unfortunately past experience isn't really helpful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
minimal opportunites for growth
Good Entry Level Job
Senior Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Yodle provides decent entry level positions for those seeking sales or customer service careers. A few free perks are also provided, such as daily free lunch.
Good place to work, but you must work HARD
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2016
Yodle took one of the most difficult and frustrating types of career, telemarketing, and surrounded it with a culture that promotes positivity and happiness. The commission is the best i've ever seen in relation to revenue, the training is literally 2-3 months, and any time you need help, you can get a one on one with a manager with about 30 minutes notice that same day. You have to be willing to put in the hours of perfecting the art of the deal, getting down to the details like your inflection, pauses, breaths and interruptions on the phone. If you don't commit yourself to be great, you WILL WASH OUT.
Pros
Free lunch on campus every day, massages once a week, constant contests with monetary prizes
Cons
GRIND on the phone
Excellent
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
The company was purchased by Web.com in February so the culture changed dramatically and the promise of my promotion became non-existent. If the company had not been purchased I would still work for Yodle.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Unrealistic goals were set when the company was purchased
Bells, whistles, but no money
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 30, 2016
The turnover is very high. You're roped in with empty promises and a fun atmosphere only to be blindsided by realization that making a decent living is a stretch. Management spends the majority of their time selling you on the opportunity that you have. In reality only a couple of individuals even come close to the monetary expectations set during your interview.

A typical day includes sitting in a grey cubicle making as many cold calls as possible to prospects that have been contacted every two months for the last 4 years. The toughest part of the job (besides being able to pay your bills) is keeping positive day after day.

Most don't make it 3 months.
Pros
Free lunch, Beer on fridays, work schedule, people
Cons
turnover, micro-management, Base pay, Commission, constant unhappiness
Great place to work at
Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 24, 2016
amazing company to work for. great work and life balance. great managers and helpful. Always pushing you to motivate you and take your career to the next level.
Pros
managment, work life balance
Workplace was laid back
Online Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2016
There was a ping ping table! Week long, all expense paid sales training program in Austin, TX. I learned how to hard sale clients over the phone. Competitive environment.
Pros
Free beer and wine on Fridays
Cons
Aggressive sales environment
Upbeat productive work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2016
Has helped me build as a representative and becoming more sociable, more confident, and gain financial stability.
Pros
Free lunch good commission rate
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yodle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8