Yogurtland

Yogurtland Employer Reviews

Fun work enviorment
Team Member (Current Employee), Orange, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: free yogurt; work and own pace
Cons: low hours
perfect place to brush up on variety of skills. work-flow allows to work and ones pace calmly and efficiently allowing time to analyze and understand goals and how some deities will be required in other occupational enviorments
Poor management, little room for advancement.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free samples, employee discounts
Cons: no benefits or raises
Typical days included soft serve machine maintenance, cash control, and food safety procedures. Learned how to work with soft serve desert machines. Co-workers mostly in high school, but hard working. Hardest part of the job was unpacking inventory. Most enjoyable part of the job was the product itself.
Some great people to work with
Market Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2014
With recent changes in corporate, the environment has changed. Have met some great people there.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
I worked here for a little bit over a year. I loved the atmosphere and my coworkers. I was sad when I learned that our current store owner sold his franchise over to someone new. From then on, everything went down hill. On a daily basis: morning- clean the Taylor Yogurt machines inside and out, prep toppings, wash dishes, prepare the store; closing- – more... keep toppings, sweep, mop, close the point of sale register, clean the Taylor Yogurt machines externally. I believe every franchise is ran differently. A few follow corporate rule regulations, while others do not. So the work environment and employees can vary. Otherwise, I loved working for this company until it was taken over by a new owner. – less
Team based job, fun working with team members and good environment
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: less pay
Typical day at work would be to check everything right when you clock in. Make sure all the yogurts and topping bar is good. Also check if everything is clean. Co workers are the best part and help you through your job. Keeps the job interesting and not boring. The hardest part of the job would be cleaning the machines but everything else is simple – more... and to the point. The most enjoyable part is talking to the customer and making them happy. You get to meet many interesting people who aren't usual customers. – less
fun people to work with
Crew Member (Former Employee), Littleton, COAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free yogurt
Cons: short breaks
it was a good place to work at then a horrible boss took over and left the store in ruins
fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee), Santa Cruz, CAAugust 12, 2014
fun place to work when you are in high school/ college pretty easy.
fun place to work
Service Guide (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 8, 2014
it was a great job if you need something to fill your time. tasks were easy and i enjoyed working here a lot.
Not a good owner wont hire anyone over 30 and doesnt like the idea of homosexuals working together.
manager (Former Employee), LebecJuly 29, 2014
Pros: worked next to a chipotle
Cons: i feel like i worked for donald sterling
I was constantly watched always told what to do and my pay was 11.90 compared to the previous managers 13.25 an hr wage. owner only cares about money and doesnt even remember his employees names. he even told me to lose a few pounds...
Small but Busy yogurt shop
Crew Member (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free yogurt
Cons: very fast then very slow
a typical day includes: cleaning tables,glass,floor,yogurt machines etc., helping customers with any questions they may have, operating a cash register. Managment was very nice, always helpful. Certain Co-workers could have done more to help out in daily tasks. Hardest part:Keeping busy during down time most enjoyable: free yogurt!
Fun place to work, great product, lots of yogurt to eat
Franchise Sales Director (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free yogurt
Cons: unrealistic goals
Serious sales people need only apply, aggressive goals to meet
fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee), downey, caJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free yogurt sometimes, little games
Cons: favoritism
the manager had just received her license so we were everywhere. she was great even though she had favorites. the store was great though we had a good amount of customers and all the coworkers seemed to get along.
Yogurt all day everyday.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: best teamwork i have experienced.
Cons: customers may want free all the time.
A typical day at work would be to check the store for cleanliness. In order for the store to be number one, we must be clean at all times. Also, all inventory must be accounted for as well as preparing for the day to come, because we deal with fresh fruit, we are incapable of making all the fruits ahead of time otherwise it will grow to be rotten. Management – more... was fairly simple, I did all the scheduling and always double checking with my supervisors and co-workers. The most difficult part of this job is when suddenly a flock of customers come in and we only have two people working. To keep up with the machines and register as well as keeping the front clean takes a lot of physical work involved. Most enjoyable part is when we the workers work together in unison, a team that works together will finish strong together. That's how I look at it, so at the end of the day, teamwork is the most enjoying part of this job. – less
Very fun workplace, good people, yummy yogurt
Cashier (Former Employee), Bountiful, Uta 84010July 8, 2014
Pros: family business, free yogurt, fun environment
Cons: low salary, not enough shifts
Everyone i worked with were very fun to be around and very energetic about the job! I enjoyed helping customers out with what they wanted. I loved keeping it cleaned and organized. Sometimes there would be weeks where i didn't get more than 2 shifts.
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Universal CitywalkJuly 7, 2014
Pros: my coworkers and i are all team players
Cons: the customers can get frustrating at times
A typical day at work would be coming in give out registers to the employees on my shift. Then I would make sure that the store is clean that I will be stocked up with fruit for my shift. Then after wards I would check my yogurt levels make sure everything is full. Then I would go to the frount of the house and make sure everything is fine ask the cashiers – more... if they need any help. – less
YougurtLand promotes from with in maintaining a fun, motivated work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Carson, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility while attending school
Cons: no healthcare
While working, any shift, I help our opening and closing team members stock, clean, set up and prepare the store for opening and closing shifts. I tend to register and safe, handling money management and labor over sales reports. When I believe that I have delegated jobs assignments to all team members I help with guest services and general preventive – more... maintenance.

I have found that with in the Yogurtland culture being able to multitask is an under statement being that cleanliness, maintenance and direct guest service is key. This have fortified my ability to help maintain good work ethic in a fast pace, high demanding environment.

Our Management Team here at Yogurtland is very critical to the demands of great performance without being negligent of the need to inspire and motivate all of its team members.

Most of our team members are young, between the ages of 16 and 25, making it easier to mold and inspire the performance expected at our location. We always hire self motivated, friendly workers to ensure everyone gets along and that they do not need to be scrutinized every second, giving them the trust to do the job well and making decisions on their own.

This job is demanding, not only helping guest leave fulfilled and happy but choosing flavors that our guest would appreciate. Also maintaining the machinery, stock and inventory, promotional items and of course our records and logs all while maintaining great re-pore with all our staff and guests.

I love the fact that we do a lot of fundraisers, giving back to the community is one of Yogurtands top priorities. We help with community functions, donate and serve at schools, Churches and other community events. – less
Busy, never a dull moment.
Team Member (Current Employee), Seal Beach, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: work with your schedule
Cons: short breaks, long hours
A typical day at work, involves the following: prep food, cashier for a few hours, interact with customers/co-workers, most importantly-CLEANING!!
This is my first actual job, I've learned so much! Along the way, of course I have made mistakes, but I've learned from them. Coming into this job I was unaware of how "work" worked. Now I know a lot. I will – more... take experiences from this job, forever in my life.
The hardest part of this job, is a little bit of everything. People think, "oh its just yogurt." but it's sooooo much hard work. I don't know how to emphasize how much hard work we have to do there.
I would say the most enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers. They've become like my second family. – less
An extremely enjoyable workplace filled with many options of delicious yogurt and incredible toppings.
Team Member - Shift Leader (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 31, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: no benefits
Everyday i would walk through the doors into a refreshing vicinity where I was greeted by some of the most wonderful coworkers. I was taught many skills at Yogurtland,such as, preparing the many choices of fresh fruit into bite sized pieces, making sure the topping bar was clean and properly filled. Disassembling, reassembling, washing, and sanitizing – more... the yogurt machines along with filling them up with the variety of tasteful yogurts in a limited time span. I was also in charge of opening and closing the store and making sure the vault was properly counted for. I became a shift leader and was involved more with my coworkers, customers, policies, and held standards that needed to be met everyday. the hardest part of the job was letting it go but i enjoyed working every second of the day at Yogurtland – less
Fun place to work at, but..
Manager (Current Employee), Azusa, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: no free yogurt.
Yogurtland is a fun place to work, however, you need to always be doing something. It is very fast paced and the owners carry very high expectations. It's good for the store and customers, not so much for the workers.
Excellent team work.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Bakersfield, California.April 22, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, educational and reliable managers.
Cons: not much room for growth/promotion
While in this position I learned customer service techniques, how to leave a positive impression on customers, how to maintain a clean store environment, and how to manage staff.

1 2 3

About Yogurtland

Every day at Yogurtland we get real. We focus on real flavors, real ingredients and real relationships with every one of our – Read more