Yogurtland Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, Fun, Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2016
A day at Yogurtland began with breaking down, and cleaning the machines. Then you had to be sure the toppings were placed in the correct positions and they were fresh. You had to cut the fruit and place it on ice for placement into the cooler. I learned a lot about promoting deals and specials offered by the company and how to deal with coupons and rewards programs. The management made the job fun and good spirited, but that sometimes seemed to result in lackluster work from some of the employees I worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the regulars and their dedication to the company. The staff enjoyed their jobs, so I felt that the atmosphere was fun and relaxed, but serious in customer service.
Pros
Free frozen yogurt, work experience
Cons
No benefits, sometimes management was too lax
A busy but fun place that is always full of excitement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 8, 2016
A typical day of work was busy. Yogurtland is a place where many parents stop in for lunch, bring their children afterschool on weekdays, and the weekends are family days.

I learned a lot of patience while working at Yogurtland. I also learned better customer service skills and how to please my customers.

The management team was good and tried to accommodate with the customers needs as well as the workers.

I wouldn't say my job was hard it was just tiring at times. The weekends were non-stop and I worked fast and made sure that everything was clean for the next set of customers.

I loved seeing the children and how their faces lit up when they saw the flavors and the toppings that we had. I also loved the faithful customers and knew their routine.
Terrible management and lack of team work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 22, 2016
Yogurtland likes to emphasize on team work and the idea that everyone helps each other to keep the store advancing. In all my work and volunteer experience, I have never experienced management worse than Yogurtland. Our store was very old and run down and management would take months to fix a small problem, some of which were never even fixed within the two years of working there which would not pass pest or health inspection most likely. The employees were treated poorly. Management would also not provide us with the sufficent amount of cleaning materials or any at all at times. We were always under staff during the busiest of times and would not have more people scheduled because of labor, which in turn meant that our store cleanliness and customer service was never good.
Pros
Gained great customer experience
Cons
Bad management
Working across the street from Cal Berkeley was a great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Berkeley CaJuly 8, 2015
Cashiering and cash handling was my main duty at Yogurtland. I also prepped fresh fruit and frozen yogurt. I learned food prep and safety procedures. This was a small frozen yogurt shop so there was one manager and she worked very hard. It was her first business and she was skeptical of hiring outside help with management. Eventually she promoted one of the full time employees as assistant manager. My co-workers were upbeat and worked hard, we all did because it was extremely busy. There was no choice but to work hard and efficiently. Everyone who worked there developed or strengthened their work ethics. The hardest part of the job were the rushes of Cal Berkeley student we would get throughout the day. The line would be down the street for hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to eat yogurt because I love it! Also our promotions were fun because we would give out cute spoons and offer freezer bags with the character of that promotion on them, we would get the uniform T-shirt of the promotion character to wear during our shift, I enjoyed that.
Pros
Cal Berkeley envirement, great frozen yogurt
Cons
only two registers so customer rushes lasted hours, pooled tips, no opportunity for raise or advancement
Made sure store was cleaned before opening
Weekend Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wailuku, HIDecember 22, 2015
On a typical work day at Yogurtland i would come in to the store a few hours before it open to make sure that the whole store was cleaned. Here i learn how to work fast but make sure to do a good job. The management at Yogurtland was good the boss had a upbeat temple. My co-workers were great to be around. the hardest part of this job was making sure the store was all cleaned before opening.
Pros
Had fun interacting with customers
Cons
very little hours
Great
Yogurtland (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 11, 2016
I learned many things while I work here at Yogurtland such as: responsibility, customer service, cashier, deal with machines, cleaning, and food safety.
Pros
25% discount for employee
Cons
long hours work
Fun working at the mall, not a fair workplace
Team Member/ Store opener (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PA 19090June 14, 2016
I liked the job overall and was also very good at it but it didn't work out due to the fact that they gave me all the responsibilities of a manager without any qualifications or the title nor did they give a pay raise for taking on the extra responsibilities.
Pros
Free yogurt, good hours.
Cons
employee favoritism, Unfair advancements etc.
Enjoyable environment and people to work with.
Team member (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 1, 2016
A typical day is pretty fast paced and everything is well organized into a timed schedule which keeps you on track and makes the work environment more productive. While working at Yogurtland i have learned how to provide customers with great experiences, how to work together with peers, and most importantly to have confidence in whatever i do. My most enjoyable part of the job would be providing customers with a good experience as well as brightening up some of their days.
Very up-beat and fun working experience
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work was always busy busy busy, but never less than fun. I learned how to work with Micros on the cash register as well as how to prepare fruits and other toppings in a presentable fashion. I loved all my co workers as well as my managers. The hardest part of the job is when something would stop working such as not being able to accept credit cards, yogurt machines stop working, running out of a flavor or topping, as well as having your customer service skills put to the test. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with as well as the product, as it was yummy frozen yogurt.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Closing takes the longest
Friendly environment, fast paced, mostly maintenance.
Team member (Current Employee) –  CAJune 2, 2016
Tons of multitasking! Greeting customers, offering sample cups, washing dishes, cash handling, cleaning topping station, wiping down machines, restocking items, etc. Management was excellent! Team was always friendly which made going to work easy.
Just a great place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  1350 s Colorado BlvdApril 13, 2016
A very fun and relaxed work atmosphere, has a great customer target audience. A typical day would involve cleaning as well as fruit preparation. All of my co-workers were very friendly and good company. Most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of the customers after trying the product.
Productive and Fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
The best part about working at Yogurtland is the other co-workers. We created great bonds to keep work fun. A typical day at Yogurtland is ringing people up, helping costumers out with samples, welcoming customers. Also the my favorite part would be making the waffle topping for the costumers, and smoothies.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Breaks
Easy job.
STORE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAApril 4, 2016
Flexible job lots of opportunity for growth. Customer service is a must. Working here taught me patience and perseverance.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no healthcare
Standard First Job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I wanted this job so I could have experience withing the working world and that is basically all it is. There is a lot of work for the minimum wage but overall it was a decent to good job. I wouldn't recommend for those who have a decent amount of experience but rather for those who have little to none.
customer service
team member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 31, 2016
A day as a employer at Yogurt land, you always need to be on your feet to what ever is thrown at you, for example, cleat tables and having a well sanitized enviroment
Pros
nice customer
Cons
no benefits
fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 14, 2015
has its times where there is a rush but there are slow points, that give you time to catch up on cleaning and preparing fruit. Great place for a first job promotions are offered as long as you work hard. The benefits that are offered are not that great and rare.
Pros
promtes from with in
Cons
hours if you're not a higher up are low
Love to see family come in and make a fun creation
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 8, 2015
I enjoy teaching people about the frozen yogurt and how the machines operate. I like to have montly meetings with my co-workers to get feed back on what they think needs improvement, and to go over reminders on procedures.
Pros
cheap prices, friendly service
Cons
benefits, pay
great envoirnment
Team Member/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2016
It was a nice environment to work in and getting to meet all types of new people was always a plus. It was a pretty fast paced job at times.
Fun and fast paced.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2016
I learned that with patience anything can be done and team work. The hardest part of the job is when the cash register would break and you would have to do the calculations by hand.
Very fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 23, 2016
Got to have fun and learn how to handle money. I also got experience in customer service, it was a good start to finding a career.

2.9