Yogurtland Employee Reviews

Fun place to work! Loved it here
Server (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 24, 2017
The job was pretty easy to handle. Your tasks would consist of refilling yogurt when it got low, prepping fruit and candy, ringing up customers, and making sure the store is clean. I got to work with friends and the environment was very chill and stress free. Management was very approachable and friendly. Tasks were easy and practical. They provided enough hours and were flexible with your schedule. Overall a great place to work especially for younger first timers.
Pros
Free yogurt, great hours, easy work, lunch breaks, friendly environment
Cons
Strict uniform, no dishwasher
its a well established place
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 23, 2017
its a slow busy day then out of no where boom the whole place is filled with children giggling nd playing adults relaxing as well working their is calm and setlling i do wish i got more hours and paid better 500 is not good for 2 weeks of work but its a great enviroment
Could be Better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 22, 2017
Not bad for a first job, but no skills that are really being developed. Easy job and customer service skill development, but management was bad. And pay was bad as well.
Very productive place, always busy.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eagle Rock, CAJune 22, 2017
The location that I worked at was a new store. I began working with a certain manager for a limited time and things changed after she left. I had to leave the store due to a lack of management. Also because I wanted to go farther with my studies.
Fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2017
It's a good place to work while attending school. They offer flexible schedule. It's also easy to get promoted and grow with them. Best thing is that you don't work by yourself.
Pros
free yogurt on breaks
Cons
Lots of cleaning needed often
Positive Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CA 92563June 13, 2017
This was my first job, and I enjoyed it. My coworkers were cool, made it fun and easy for me to work on a team. The management is great, made it a great experience.
fun workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 13, 2017
A typical days consists of washing and dismantling the yogurt machines, prepping toppings for the day, greeting and serving customers, as well as handling money and deposits. It is a very social job for outgoing people.
stressful work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2017
The hardest part of the job was how unorganized shifts would turn out to be. Some shifts consisted of registers not working, low inventory, and miscommunication with the manager. Plus, there was too much favoritism and no one did anything to fix it.
Pros
60z yogurt!
Cons
management, favoritism, unorganized
Fast paced and fun environment
Cahier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 8, 2017
Learned to be quick and cleanly throughout the work day. Typically tasks run easy from preparing the topping bar, counting in your register, topping off the yogurt machines to simply just keeping a clean work station.
It was a very fun company to work with.
Yogurtland (Former Employee) –  Long beachJune 6, 2017
My typical days at work were very fun.the people were very nice bosses were excellent.people are just so kind an I had the best time at that job.i would give them the best rating I could ever think I was very happy working their an would do it again.
Pros
Good pay
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 2, 2017
Great place to work if you're going to school full time. Flexible with scheduling and great management. The owner is probably one of the best bosses you will ever have.
Fun upbeat work place, great for first time experience.
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 31, 2017
Typical day in Mansfield was me alone running the store as a shift lead, I got very used to this. During the day (before 2 p.m.) was nice, we got mostly regulars and it was kinda slow. Afternoons were a little more quick paced as people got off work and school. I enjoyed working there. In the galleria mall, in Dallas, it was very different, I worked along side other shift leads with no set manager. I was the veteran at this location, I knew how to clean machines, count tills, etc. But, there was someone on the team that wanted to be manager and micro managed everyone. I was disappointed when this was brought to the owners attention nothing was done, in fact I got a verbal warning for starting trouble. Many people quit because of that person. I do not know if they are still at the Dallas location. Overall I did enjoy working there.
Pros
half priced yogurt when you're working, tips, experience with a cash register, experience with computers to an extent
Cons
management is incompetent, training depends on who trains you, working with teenagers
Pretty boring and employees don't get paid enough
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 26, 2017
There's a lot of idle time. Sometimes there were too many people during one shift and other times there weren't enough. We weren't allowed to check our phones even in the back, so when there was literally nothing to do, we just stood there standing at a wall. Also, the employees definitely do not get paid enough or get treated well enough for the things they are put through.
Easy job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAMay 21, 2017
-Must be able to maintain clean environment at all times.
-Maintain great customer service when weighing yogurt and making transactions.
-Refill yogurts when low.
-You are alone a lot of the time, must use time to clean and be productive
Productive work pace in a professional environment
CASHIER/DISHWASHER/JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMay 21, 2017
The whole staff at Yogurtland were kind and very mindful when helping me understand some aspects of the workflow. I was able to pick up real fast when learning how to cut fruit, take out the trash, or even refill the yogurt vending machines. They kept me alert and as a result, I became a much more organization oriented type of person.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
longer shifts
Relatively Productive, fun, and energetic environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Yogurtland for the most part. I got hours that I wanted, and it wasn't a stressful job, while it was also not boring. It had a good environment and I would recommend it to others.
Pros
You aren't stuffing your face with fast food on breaks.
Cons
Lots of messes to clean up.
Management and ownerships needs help
Team member (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, caMay 19, 2017
working here for me was a great experience as i got to further my experience and accumulate management duties, but was faulty for the reason that it was done under a non management position. The owner asks not to be bothered throughout the night so if something breaks down or needs correspondence, we are left to fend for it ourselves. all equipment was near to complete failure with the registers not printing receipts, showing totals, and constantly shutting off throughout the workday, and that was only one of the daily issues at this location
Pros
6 oz free yogurt..
Cons
less than minimum wage pay
Great first job experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hagåtña, GUMay 18, 2017
My typical day at work consisted of managing the store by myself. Throughout my time at Yogurtland, I was able to improve my customer service skills. Through my years of experience, I was afforded the opportunity to help train new employees. The workplace was great. The culture was encouraging as well. The hardest part of my job was that I would be overwhelmed in handling large groups at a time being that I was the only employee on shift. The most enjoyable parts of my job were that customers truly enjoyed the product, and the team I was fortunate to have been able to work with.
Pros
Free frozen yogurt on shift
Cons
One person job
Team Member Life
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91766May 17, 2017
A typical day working at Yogurtland was clocking in, counting my till (cash register), and signing into my team member account and begin to weigh people's frozen yogurt and charge them along with refilling the topping bar when needed. When there wasn't many people around or any at all we would take the opportunity to clean the entire lobby and keep it looking presentable. If there wasn't anybody coming in then I would help wash the dishes and put them on the drying racks and help with anything else in the back. Some main things I learned while working at Yogurtland was to completely separate my personal life and work life to provide a welcoming atmosphere for customers. Another thing I learned is to always have patience when things aren't going right and keep calm. The management was great and communication with my coworkers was never bad. I personally enjoyed seeing customers smiles and being able to bond with my coworkers. The hardest part about the job is probably just adjusting to each shift leader's routines.
Pros
Free yogurt on breaks
Cons
The front gets dirty fast
Would not recommend!
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  At the Forum- Norcross, GaMay 15, 2017
I started there from 2012-2015. I did not even get a dollar raise when I got promoted to manager. The owner was awesome! But my store manger was barely there and always criticized me. It was only me and one other person to run that store.
Pros
Was slow and basically did what we want.
Cons
All the pressure was on us

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yogurtland. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9