Yokogawa Corporation of America

Yokogawa Corporation of America United States Employee Reviews

A productive and enjoyable experience that will last a lifetime!
Buyer (Former Employee), Newnan, GADecember 31, 2014
Pros: learning new skills and assisting others
Cons: downsize
Having started my career in the mid 80s I picked up a lot knowledge on how a company works.
Starting as a shipping / receiving clerk, over time, I was able to advance to an administrative position. I enjoyed learning new skills and growing with the company. I was fortunate enough to be a part of many day to day activities throughout the company, I still utilize many of the skills picked up to date.
The hardest part of this position was downsizing.
stressful
Designer (Current Employee), Sugarland, TXAugust 20, 2014
Yokogawa is a good company but I there is not enough people for the amount of work there is, and as a result is causing us to carry all the weight.
Excellent company with great benefits
Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 3, 2014
Yokogawa Corporation of America (YCA) is a Multinational Conglomerate with strong ties to power and oil and gas industries. Their desire to hire and perform on the job training is excellent.
The hardest part of the job is learning the industry specific jargon and acronyms. The most enjoyable part of the job is the dynamic interaction with multinational personnel.
Perfect for recent graduates
SMBD Manufacturing Engineer (Software Engineer) (Current Employee), Newnan, GAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: limited growth opprotunties
Positive organizational culture and focus on continual education and training.
Varied employment stability with great employees
Calibration Technician Coordinator (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great employees, long breaks, advancement opportunities, continuing education assistance, close proximity to home
Cons: varied employment needs
Yokogawa provided what seemed to be a great atmosphere to grow in the company. With myself still being young and the company keeping you in the know with what new ventures they were seeking it was easy to plan for additional education for advancement. Though the company was overall very succesfull on a large scale our particular department fluctuated heavily on their employment needs leaving me consistently stressed as I only came in as a temporary employee.
Engineer (Current Employee), Newnan, GAMarch 28, 2013
I enjoyed working here. Some of the engineering and technical people lack necessary skills. There is a lot of nepotism.
Engineer (Current Employee), Newnan, GAMarch 28, 2013
Good place to start a career in Systems Automation.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2013
Overall a good place to work. A good place to gain valuble experience in the automation field. The onboarding process leaves a bit to be desired, good job security and some opportunity for advancement.
Lunch and Learn
Project Engineer/Lead Estimating Engineer Chevron (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: dog eat dog environment - inattentive to genuine concerns
This company has a very bright future, but there lacks a team attitude. Pep talks mean nothing when the actions do not match the rhetoric.

I learned to keep my mouth shut and never voice any suggestions for improvement.

Management is far removed from the application level challenges associated with contract completion. There seems to be an "Us" and "Then" mentality where if one is not part of the clique, they are shunned. Not so much as an acknowledgment that the lower tier is as critical to the success of the company, as are those living in Glass Houses.
Mostly Electrical Engineers
PROJECT (ELECTRICAL) ENGINEER (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 7, 2012
DCS, marshalling, cabinets for oil and gas control rooms. Lots of project hours beyond 40 hours work week.
A few descent people to work with. Location close to home
AutoCAD Drafter/ Designer II (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 18, 2012
Pros: close to home. descent healthcare
Cons: hardly ever any pay increases
Yokogawa has a few good people to work with, but they are basically a training ground for young beginners. They bring people in and train them but will not pay the average salary so they leave.
Incredible co workers, very family oriented environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Newnan, GAFebruary 20, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: n/a
Great company, I would still be there if I would not have accepted a higher paying position in Atlanta.

About Yokogawa Corporation of America

Yokogawa Electric really knows how to measure up. The company is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation and control systems – Read more