Yokogawa Corporation of America Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for if right out of college
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 12, 2016
Flexibility is must a working between SAP and Excel on a daily basis.

Report to several Project Managers while maintaining their budgetary projects and supporting their team of Engineers in office and on site. Monthly project reviews, billing, expenses, and inputting all time in SAP for contractors.

What I have taken from Yokogawa is learning how the DCS/SIS and ProSafe assist the customers to make first Oil. All testing is done on site then testing is done again on site.

the Management style varies with each department which, makes it a challenge

Hardest part of the job is communicating between departments, this is due to Management keeping everybody departmentalized

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people and having the customers in the building. Ordering lunches and having them brought in for the customer.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
heavy turnaround
Exciting, focused, fast paced place to work with friendly staff.
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 28, 2016
A great company that gets lots done in an efficient amount of time. Many job opportunities and a great work environment with employees that will do assigned projects along with other tasks.
Pros
Work enviroment
A company with potential....
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TexasJune 18, 2015
As an MBA, I can attest that the management of this company, while changing with the new CEO, is horribly behind the times and is linked to the Japanese based HQ. This centralized management approach is slow to react, slower to act, and will not survive should the company fail to change.

However, the culture is changing, the people are changing, and the overall outlook of the company is positive.

Furthermore, the lack of commensurate compensation is atrocious. I cannot believe the reports that Engineers at this company may 2/3 of the rate of similar professionals at other companies. This situation much change or the company will lose too much good talent to the competition.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Poor management, lack of compensation, old culture.
every machine shop basic the same
CNC machine set-up and operator (Former Employee) –  newnan,GAAugust 12, 2015
The Jobs is easy and fun, co workers are get along well ,I like to keep myself busy make the time go faster, the hard part of the job is doing same thing for long period time it get borring
C- Workers
Sr. I&C Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land TXSeptember 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team and each one of us are will to share knowledge, learn from one to others.
I like this place
Business Analyst /Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
Learnt a lot while teaching so its kind of win-win place for every one i guess. If there is a chance i would love to work here in future also.
A productive and enjoyable experience that will last a lifetime!
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 31, 2014
Having started my career in the mid 80s I picked up a lot knowledge on how a company works.
Starting as a shipping / receiving clerk, over time, I was able to advance to an administrative position. I enjoyed learning new skills and growing with the company. I was fortunate enough to be a part of many day to day activities throughout the company, I still utilize many of the skills picked up to date.
The hardest part of this position was downsizing.
Pros
learning new skills and assisting others
Cons
downsize
Excelent and valuable Organization
Tech Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
State - of - the - Art Technology based Company, that is pioneer in its Core Business. Duties and roles very challenging but successfully acomplished
Pros
Ethics
Cons
Work balance
Varied employment stability with great employees
Calibration Technician Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Yokogawa provided what seemed to be a great atmosphere to grow in the company. With myself still being young and the company keeping you in the know with what new ventures they were seeking it was easy to plan for additional education for advancement. Though the company was overall very succesfull on a large scale our particular department fluctuated heavily on their employment needs leaving me consistently stressed as I only came in as a temporary employee.
Pros
great employees, long breaks, advancement opportunities, continuing education assistance, close proximity to home
Cons
varied employment needs
Lunch and Learn
Project Engineer/Lead Estimating Engineer Chevron (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2012
This company has a very bright future, but there lacks a team attitude. Pep talks mean nothing when the actions do not match the rhetoric.

I learned to keep my mouth shut and never voice any suggestions for improvement.

Management is far removed from the application level challenges associated with contract completion. There seems to be an "Us" and "Then" mentality where if one is not part of the clique, they are shunned. Not so much as an acknowledgment that the lower tier is as critical to the success of the company, as are those living in Glass Houses.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
dog eat dog environment - inattentive to genuine concerns
Excellent company with great benefits
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 3, 2014
Yokogawa Corporation of America (YCA) is a Multinational Conglomerate with strong ties to power and oil and gas industries. Their desire to hire and perform on the job training is excellent.
The hardest part of the job is learning the industry specific jargon and acronyms. The most enjoyable part of the job is the dynamic interaction with multinational personnel.
good experience
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TexasApril 21, 2015
If you are a fresh graduate from school, this company is a good place to start with. Yokogawa DCS system is easy to use, simple and easy to understand.
A few descent people to work with. Location close to home
AutoCAD Drafter/ Designer II (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 18, 2012
Yokogawa has a few good people to work with, but they are basically a training ground for young beginners. They bring people in and train them but will not pay the average salary so they leave.
Pros
close to home. descent healthcare
Cons
hardly ever any pay increases
get to kern new things
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
working culture and environment is excellent. a new day comes with new learning. friendly staff, would love to go back there if ever opportunity comes up.
Good place to start a career in Systems Automation.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2013
Overall a good place to work. A good place to gain valuble experience in the automation field. The onboarding process leaves a bit to be desired, good job security and some opportunity for advancement.
Perfect for recent graduates
SMBD Manufacturing Engineer (Software Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 26, 2014
Positive organizational culture and focus on continual education and training.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
limited growth opprotunties
Incredible co workers, very family oriented environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 20, 2012
Great company, I would still be there if I would not have accepted a higher paying position in Atlanta.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
n/a
stressful
Designer (Current Employee) –  Sugarland, TXAugust 20, 2014
Yokogawa is a good company but I there is not enough people for the amount of work there is, and as a result is causing us to carry all the weight.
Mostly Electrical Engineers
PROJECT (ELECTRICAL) ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 7, 2012
DCS, marshalling, cabinets for oil and gas control rooms. Lots of project hours beyond 40 hours work week.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 28, 2013
I enjoyed working here. Some of the engineering and technical people lack necessary skills. There is a lot of nepotism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yokogawa Corporation of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9