Yokogawa Employee Reviews

Negative atmosphere
Truck driver (Former Employee), Newnan, GAMay 19, 2014
I worked there 10 years ago before a lay-off. At that time it was a great place to work. After 7 years of service the lay-off was depressing.
Now the place is completely different. I would not recommend anyone looking for a job there.
Great company
Senior Analyzer Specialist (Former Employee), SugarlandApril 24, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Review engineering drawings for Sadara project. Make changes as needed to drawings on sample systems, HVAC, shelter modifications on safety systems.
Productive and driven atmosphere
DCS/SCADA/HMI Engineer (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, customer interaction
Cons: management
A typical day involves running tests on DCS logic and implementing code based on customer requirements. I monitored progress of projects and tracked progress via flow charts and check sheets. Customer – more... interaction was a daily affair and involved constant communication and changes to code in order to meet requirements in the scope of the project.
I learned how to talk to customers, code logic for DCS systems, manage and work on several projects at one time, and work in a group of engineers.

I enjoyed my co-workers and they enjoyed me, we worked very closely to finish products on time. Thus our progress was strongly determined by how much work each of us put in.

The hardest part of the job was the management, communication between engineers and managers was tough because managers were overseeing multiple projects at one time. The organization of the company's server was also in disarray and caused issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to code and build HMI's however, this is not my passion thus I am looking for another job. – less
Great group of individuals to work wih
PRODUCTION CONTROL SPECIALIST II (Current Employee), Newnan, GAJuly 8, 2012
Pros: flexable work schedule
Cons: low base salary
Very fast paced environment, very demanding work load. The hardest part of the job is all the extra paper work involved to do the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
A great experience. I would still work there if I could.
Senior Proposals Specialist (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 15, 2012
Pros: great facilities, great product, good benefits.
Cons: work-life balance, long hours.
I really admired Yokogawa for their culture of scientific advancement while retaining a sense of human values. I felt a loyalty and sense of purpose there that is very common among Japanese companies, – more... even in "employment-at-will" cultures like the United States.

People from other DCS firms have told me that they had the impression that Yokogawa was a "sweat shop" environment for engineers, particularly in Proposals.

That was not my experience, but, then again, I had my stroke and had to leave Yokogawa after only three months of employment, before the 2008 economic meltdown. – less