Yokogawa Employee Reviews

Worse place I ever worked
Senior Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TexasApril 20, 2017
Management was very bad. There was a lot of favoritism. The atmosphere was not professional. The people were unfriendly. It was the worse decision I ever made.
Poor management, salary in peanuts
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  BnagaloreApril 4, 2017
Cons- Poor management
Poor Job culture
No extra-curriculars.
No compensation or benefit for extra work
Too much work load
Pros- Even freshers are allowed to travel abroad for FAT/SAT experience.
Nominal charges in canteen
Free/Nominal transportation
Great Company
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 18, 2017
I've learned how to talk with people in a business office, as well as learning life lessons from my co workers who help outside of work as well. Everyone is very helpful.
Pros
great coworkers, hour lunch, room for growth
Cons
short breaks
Good work enviroment
Electrical/Cabinet Designer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Engineers were excellent to work with it. Specifically enjoyed building control cabinets and watching them come together in the shop.
Multi Culture Company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Yokogawa - A multi Culture company was an exciting company to work for. I learned different job skills, was able to cross train and learned different cultures from the Japanese Management Team.

Work in large groups with team members, able to swap jobs when team mates were not available. Enjoyed company meeting to see where we stood quarterly.

Focus on the task at hand, management was available at all time.
Pros
Team Building Skills
Cons
Time Management
Great Place to work , very hard work.
Inventory control/QA /Member of safety department (Former Employee) –  Newnan GaJanuary 11, 2017
making sure all safety data throughout the company facilities is up to date. inspecting, testing, sorting product to meet company standard.
co-workers hard working people get along like family.
Small town company. We would take trips together , and have a lot of company function.
CO OP Duties
CO OP Engineer, Post Product Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Daily activities include, Writing work instructions and work processes, drawing and 3d printing parts, customer support for all post products. My co workers were great, management was good, but lacking in management experience. The hardest part of my job was balancing between completing assigned projects while also keeping up with all customer support needs and research. Most enjoyable was the real world experience gained.
Great internship opportunity
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 24, 2016
Working at Yokogawa has been a great opportunity to use the skills and knowledge that I have gained from college. I have learned to more optimally design my programs to benefit the task at hand. The management is great and very lenient with school scheduling. My friend from school and I can ask one another and assist each other in our projects. the hardest part of my job is the long distance commute to and from work. the most enjoyable part is being able to expand my skills and implement changes to benefit the factory.
Very personable management
Yokogawa - Data entry (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Yokogawa because of all of my friendly, kind and caring associates, managers and customers. Everyone at this facility is always happy to assist other employees whenever needed.
Pros
Always opportunities to learn
Cons
Prone to company lay offs
Great Company, Good Management, Heavy workload
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Coldspring, TXNovember 17, 2016
Excellent company when it comes to caring for their employees and trying to create good working conditions. Better than average benefits.

Workload in some jobs is excessive and very demanding mostly due to fluctuations in market demand and the company's slow response to increasing resources on large upticks in business cycles.
Interesting workplace with many cultures
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 21, 2016
Diverse company with many different cultures. There are so many different areas of the business that one can grow and move on to another area.
Nothing much I can say
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 17, 2016
Everyday is pretty much the same. As a young professional, there is not much you can gain out of this place. The salary is pretty low and the company is full of people without college degrees. The management is pretty old-fashioned and not willing to do anything for the new and young engineers. There is no room for promotions since there are people without college degrees but with 20+ years of experience.
Pros
You don't have much to do
Cons
No room for salary growth or promotions
Fast Paced enviroment
Project Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Coldspring, TXAugust 4, 2016
The company as whole is a face paced environment with the ability to gain knowledge of new traits. As far as learning something new the company offers many aspects to expand knowledge based applications. The people are great to work with as some of the management team needs more experience in managing a vast amount of people.
Great work enviroment.
Cabinet Designer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 30, 2016
Professional atmosphere and hard working attitude to complete projects on time and correctly the first time. Amazing thing to see cabinets built from paper to shop floor.
Exciting, focused, fast paced place to work with friendly staff.
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 28, 2016
A great company that gets lots done in an efficient amount of time. Many job opportunities and a great work environment with employees that will do assigned projects along with other tasks.
Pros
Work enviroment
Great company to work for if right out of college
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 12, 2016
Flexibility is must a working between SAP and Excel on a daily basis.

Report to several Project Managers while maintaining their budgetary projects and supporting their team of Engineers in office and on site. Monthly project reviews, billing, expenses, and inputting all time in SAP for contractors.

What I have taken from Yokogawa is learning how the DCS/SIS and ProSafe assist the customers to make first Oil. All testing is done on site then testing is done again on site.

the Management style varies with each department which, makes it a challenge

Hardest part of the job is communicating between departments, this is due to Management keeping everybody departmentalized

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people and having the customers in the building. Ordering lunches and having them brought in for the customer.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
heavy turnaround
Good Place to work but hard to move up in company
Cnc machinest (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 24, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Yokogawa and have learned a lot over my 20 years here. I have learned the importance of making products to the customers satisfaction and caring about the quality of my work. It has taken me a very long time to get to the salary I am at though and think that I should be compensated more for all that I do and for the quality of work that I send out to the customers.It is also very hard to move up in the company. I have tried many times to Bid on other jobs to advance where I feel I have the qualifications only to have the job given to someone else and this has happened many times. Advancement and compensation is the only issue for me with the company.
Strong technical company who still treats individuals like family.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Yokogawa is a strong technical, quality driven organization that comes together as a team to achieve goals. The current management is focused on innovation and committed to providing individuals with the freedom to experiment ways to succeed. Co-workers pitch in as a team. The best part of the job is the freedom to get things done.
Pros
Company contributes to 401k even if you do not.
Cons
Like most companies, PTO is used instead of Vacation plus separate sick leave.
Good opportunity
technical specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
cashier for 2 years
cleaned around the store
helped stock the store
cleaned the restrooms
assisted wherever help was needed
Pros
good pay
Cons
management was unfair
C- Workers
Sr. I&C Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land TXSeptember 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team and each one of us are will to share knowledge, learn from one to others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yokogawa. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval