York College of the City University of New York Employee Reviews

blindsided
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 2, 2017
I was hired in 2011 for an advising position in the TRIO office which sounded exciting at the time especially after waiting a long time to get the job.

They created an unpleasant atmosphere and treated me without regard. I was pushed aside and she didn't want me to do anything from day 1. I could have sat out in the lobby where she put me and stayed there doing nothing, but I was able to get an empty office and started working with some students even though she was totally against me contacting students.

I took an approved summer break after my first semester working there since there were no students for me to see. I left the position right after returning from break because I was prevented from having any workspace and they ignored me and brought in a temp advisor.
Where imaginations ran wild
Office Assistant - Short Term Assignment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Felt like dorothy I was on a yellow brick road experience everyday and feeling to need to wish upon a "star" in a fun way not a "I wish I were literally home" way

A little bit of everything

Management was very efficient

Coworkers reminding me of the aunt/uncles you would want!

The hardest part of this job was that it was short

The most enjoyable part of this job was that it reminded me the importance of 'priority" students in this case, came first!!!
Pros
Free education
Cons
Cafeteria should have been free too
Productive work environment
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 25, 2013
I may have three to four students per day and I would collect course information for students with disabilities and proctor exams when they were scheduled. I learned that every student that I have encountered preferred different styles of having their course information recorded. Management was pretty fair I got along with all my co-workers easy to work with. Hardest part of the job I would have to say is actually gathering the course information for each student because each student requires something different. The most enjoyable part of the is the fact that I get to deal with different personalities on a day to day basis.
a thanks for giving job
Office Assistant - Short Term Assignment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2012
Heard all the right things in my environment. A former colleage would say with all that coming in his direction, how fresh.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not sure