York College Employee Reviews

Invasive, controlling, hypocritcal
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, NEJanuary 17, 2017
Working with students was fun and rewarding, but the level of scrutiny into my personal life was inexcusable. My bosses have all been promoted or fired or both since I worked here, but the corporate culture of "Christian" values has certainly not changed.
At one point I was fake fired as a practical joke over something in my personal life my employers had no reason to know, much less take professional action against.
Great place to volunteer for!
Project For A Class (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 5, 2016
Had to develop a program for the residents of an assisted living home to patrons with specific needs. It was a great learning experience and the staff was always helpful.
Pros
amazing staff
Great
Computer Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 5, 2016
The stall at York College CUNY was great. They are understanding and flexible with my work hours for me to study and complete assignments. The also gave me sufficient train and I was free to ask if I had questions
Pros
Flexible
Spacious and Quiet Work place, Very conducive environment
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 25, 2016
I like working with both individuals and groups of students. A typical day at work involves tutoring 7-10 students. I love tutoring because it enables me understand the materials better and boost my interactional skills. The hardest part of the day is tutoring when I am mentally exhausted. The most enjoyable part of the day is taking surveys of students' academic progress.
Pros
Free Lucnhes
Cons
Taxes
Too many chiefs and only one indian.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 24, 2016
The boss, the Chairperson had me doing her Administrative Assistant's work and at the same time the AA had me doing her work and slaving over a mountain of old files. Needless to say this didn't work out as I complained to HR, and soon after they terminated me without cause.
Pros
Challenging work.
Cons
No appreciation from the people you work for, and envy phrone people trying to keep you down or out.
Worked as an Adj Assit Prof
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 21, 2016
Terrific students, faculty, and location. One only wishes to have better adjunct salary and benefits. Busy teaching, not enough office hours. Fair in evaluations.
Pros
Nice faculty
Cons
Too much to grade. Not enough TA help.
Awesome Experience
STAFF REPORTER (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 20, 2016
This was where I first got introduced to Journalism. Everyone there was very helpful and knowledgeable. You worked like as if you were freelance writer for a newspaper since you were also a student in school. Even though at times it was stressful I was very grateful for my time there.
Challenging yer very rewarding
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 19, 2016
Taught students the art and science of Public Speaking. Learned people management as well as inspired students to reach their highest potential. Most rewarding aspect of teaching was watching the students progress in their speaking abilities.
Pros
Great pay and very rewarding...
Christian college with high aims
Assistant to Professor of mathematics (Former Employee) –  York, NEMay 2, 2016
York College is a Christian College in York Nebraska. Their main goal is to transform lives, and to bring people to Christ by showing them Jesus' love, and preparing them for service to "God, family, and society". Overall, I'd say they fulfill this goal very well.
Pros
Christian, Community, high moral standards
It was a good experience
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 26, 2016
The experience working with children was very good and I help the kids with arts and crafts. I would also serve them food drinks and I would ask the supervises what we would be doing with the kids for the day. We would also take them on trips and help them learn different things.
A tolerable environment for adjuncts
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 23, 2016
As an adjunct I just taught classes, had one office hour to see students and leave. The working environment leaves much to be desired.
Pros
Adjunct office lacking.
Cons
Difficult when giving make up exams to students
fun workplace
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 12, 2016
This was my favorite job of all, because that's what I want to after I graduate. I learn how to deal with the younger kids, to teach them some thing, how to communicate with them. My co-worker were very good to me I helpful that's why when they asked me to do extra work I would never complain.
Pros
More experience
Everywhere you go its similar
TAP/APTS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 6, 2016
Everywhere you go there always politics behind it. You see this one doing things that other cant and its going to be like that at every job. I try to make my day the way I want it to be by being optimistic about everything, Thats the way you have to be!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good for Student
Assistant Bursar (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 17, 2016
This jobs is perfect for a student especially when its located right on the campus. The pay isn't that great but like I said earlier it's good for students.
The honor society of leadership and success (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 7, 2015
volunteer for The honor society of leadership and success
contributing towards the community and provide skills to become a leader and provide workshop which are specialized towards finding your goal
Pros
4 year college, honor
Cons
facility terrible, professors terrible, student assistance terible
Fantastic people to work with
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 17, 2015
Amazing and helpful and caring staff enabling a very satisfactory experience for an instructor, and making it easy for the students as well. supportive and always ready to help in case anything (materials or else needed)
Fun place to work
Teacher Assistant Research Foundation SEMAA (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 1, 2015
Typical day is working with kids in classroom environment. They are fun to work with and most of all to assist them with hands-on projects that are assigned to them. I have also learned a lot in science and my co-workers are great and diverse. The hardest part of the job is when it is time to leave. Management is great - they are all professors and I learn a lot towards my education
Pros
Free lunches
I really enjoyed attending this college.
Banking - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2015
This was a good school I was able to accomplish a lot. Although it brought me closer to finishing my degree I was not able to get the pre med courses that I needed.
Pros
I was able to finish a couple of classes that helped bring me closer to my degree.
Cons
Some of the pre med courses were hard to get.
Productive and good experience
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Typical work day was with my 2nd graders all day, Making sure they where on track. Would supervise them, take them from activity to activity, I would help organize basketball games, to enhance there skills, and teach them.
Pros
inspire kids
Tenured faculty position
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 26, 2015
York/CUNY has few open positions but if you can get one, life can be rewarding. Lots of support for junior faculty. Teaching load is 21 hours a year but junior faculty get release time.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
heavy service load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York College. Our community is ready to answer.