York College Employee Reviews

volunteer work
Volunteer Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 21, 2017
I was a volunteer crew worker for York' college annual job far helped set up the tables chairs on stand by for whatever they may have needed that day
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 1, 2017
It was a great experience. I love to teach and share my experiences with people who share the same interest. I love to motivate others to be better and to go for their dreams.
fun job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  new yokOctober 31, 2017
easy job to do nice pay a lot of people not to hard of a job you have freedom to move around a lot of overtime if you want weekends off a lot of easy goin poeple
Pros
nice
Cons
nice
Great institution for education
Managerial Accounting Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 19, 2017
York is a very good school to teach for. The teaching of Accounting is a passion of mine. It is what I can do.Learning is a day to day improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students acquire knowledge they can use in their lives.
Could Be Worst
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greater New York City AreaSeptember 17, 2017
"Academic politics are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small." That pretty much sums up the atmosphere. Parking and work-life balance are terrific though.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
If you're friendly with the "wrong" people, it could cost you your job.
Christian Atmosphere with positive outcomes
Applebee's Neighborhood Expert Server (Former Employee) –  York, NEAugust 14, 2017
I absolutely love York College. I left due to relocation for grad classes. The staff and President genuinely cared for me and made me a better person overall.
Good place to work for
CUNY Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 3, 2017
It's a nice place to work at. Flexible with schedule needs. It's a Monday to Friday job with all national Holidays paid and good medical benefits.It's a New York City job.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Weekends off, sick paid days
Cons
there's very little possibility to move up and salary very difficult to increase
fun
Summer Youth Internship (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 16, 2017
It was my first job it was very educational and management was friendly customers are the best part of the day it gave me an education on what goes on in the school.The people I've worked with were great and they took their time to teach me and make me feel that I was an important part of the team.
Pros
fun
Cons
short days
Veteran Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 2, 2017
Career counselors may seek out potential clients by giving presentations on their services. They examine client records, conduct interviews and administer aptitude and achievement tests to gather information that assists them in helping clients choose careers. They collect information about schools and programs, such as tuition, cost of books and schedules for clients interested in pursuing schooling. Career counselors help people develop career plans, teach people job search techniques and inform people about the labor market. They also keep records of their clients' job applications, cover letters and resumes.
this was just a summer internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 2, 2017
I loved the professor I got placed with. I learned a lot and received a good stipend. It was fun and required a little bit of work but nothing you couldn't do in a week. Super nice staff and fun activities
Pros
free lunch, love Jamaica ave
Cons
not much
Unpaid intern
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 26, 2017
Was tax preparer for VITA program. Besides from basic tax level, did not learn much. The staff and coworkers are great and friendly. Was left to problem solve on my own.
Pros
Cons
unpaid
Loved My Supervisors
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  York, NEJune 20, 2017
I loved working with my Supervisors. I got a lot of different jobs. I worked front desk and lots of behind the scenes stuff. I only got 5hrs a week but it was a great experience.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Not everyone pulled their own weight.
Great educational environment
Student Support Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 25, 2017
Working in Student Support Services was a good experience. The culture was a supportive one where everyone in the office worked well together. Our supervisor was very helpful.
Admission
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 18, 2017
Working as an Admission representative was long hours. I had a great manager who challenged me to go beyond my comfort zone. I learnt great leadership skills.
Great professors, decent environment
Student (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 17, 2017
Most of my professors were really good at exposition, personable, and tough when they needed to be. The workload was strict, but reasonable. The culture is positive, and I would recommend the school.
Pros
Great professors
Cons
Some selling of unneeded courses. I assume for budgetary reasons
Very Rewarding environment
Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 8, 2017
Teach beginners how to swim.
I learn how to be very patient with people who are anxious & scared.
Management is very attentive.
Everyone gets along well.
Hardest part is usually getting into cold water
I enjoy the end of each class when students express their gratitude in you helping them overcome one of their greaest challenges.
Pros
cold water
Cons
fun with rewarding
Opportunity
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 7, 2017
Working here gave me the opportunity to expand and to meet different people in the CUNY community. It expanded my knowledge for people with disabilities and gave me understanding that disabilities comes in all different aspects
Good Place to work
Hall Manager (Current Employee) –  York, NEMarch 24, 2017
I love working for York college. I love that the people are willing to help others out if they are struggling. The only real problem is the pay here at the college.
Pros
Good group of people yo work with.
Cons
Getting time off
Easy to get to, comfortable, clean and friendly.
Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 22, 2017
York College, I enjoyed helping others learn the fundamentals of computers as well as understand the hardware components of computers and the software Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
Pros
weekend instructor
Productive and Cultured Campus
Student (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 14, 2017
I was a student at YCP. I would wake up for class and study afterward. It's a nice place with a lot to do on campus from the Events to the great Facilities.
Pros
Nice Campus
Cons
Housing Situation, Class Scheduling