York Hospital Employee Reviews

A one year Residency program for Chaplains
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 22, 2017
York Hospital at Wellspan Health and in particular the Spiritual Care & Education Dept has provided a wonderful academic and clinical experience while studying Clinical Pastoral Education. The Nursing and Medical staff have been welcoming and a pleasure to work with through my clinical experiences. I received a variety of experiences through Oncology, Palliative Care, Outpatient Cancer Center, NICU, etc.
Pros
Appreciation for "Working as One" and Managing up staff.
alot comes at you at once
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 17, 2017
You answer the phones for many different offices /Hospitals. You have to be one your toes. There were times it can be really stressful and then the next you are waiting for the next call.
great place to work
Chaplain; Spiritual Care Department (Current Employee) –  York, MEJune 12, 2017
wonderful place to work!

The theme is Loving/Kindness and the environment is quiet and soothing. People are serious but fun! can't say enough about the place.
Na
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, MEJune 4, 2017
Overall the working environment was manageable. Management wanted the best for their employees and would do anything to help them succeed. I would refer them to others.
Great Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, MEMay 31, 2017
York Hospital is a small hospital and has a great staff. It is located in a small town where everybody knows everybody. I learned from the nurses and the doctors were extremely knowledgeable.
Pros
Great food, friendly environment, by the beach, learning oppurtunities
Cons
Long days, sometimes short staffed
fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 29, 2017
Not much interaction with patients, can only give toys, blankets, food/drinks. I did a lot of coloring and decorating the halls and rooms and make patients feel at home.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not much to do
Amazing people to work with, great team work, never felt so welcom at a work place. Difficult staffing with increased nurse to patient ratio.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  York, MEMay 22, 2017
Beautiful "Idea" for a hospital, there is no other like it. Very short staffed and difficult to advance to other departments. Many outside of hospital resources for the community.
Pros
unbelievable staff
Cons
under staffed
York hospital
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 21, 2017
I worked on a floor that was very overwelmed w patient load. Very busy which was enjoyable, co workers were very diverse, micromanagement, management hard to get along with
Cons
Micromanagement
Nice place to work , benefits is good
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 18, 2017
The benefits is excellent and the pay is good. Love to help the patients on what they need for their Mammogram issues. People that I work with some of them is very friendly and some are not.
Pros
Benefits is good
Cons
The boss is very unfriendly and unhelpful
Excellent teamwork
Unit Secreatary/Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 17, 2017
All staff assists in the care of the patients. From the unit secretaries to the nursing staff, to the respiratory staff, housekeeping staff, and physician staff. Everyone is friendly and very compassionate about their job. The entire unit makes the patients their priority.
Pros
Team work
Cons
understaffed at times
over all very positive, enjoyable
Cardiac Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  York, MEApril 9, 2017
education was always encouraged and supported. tenure provided me with exception customer service abilities and an overwhelming appreciation of empathy in all aspects of healthcare.
Pros
lunch, flexiability, education
Cons
guidelines were sometimes not clear
Enjoyable work environment
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  York, MEMarch 13, 2017
York Hospital was an enjoyable place to work. The staff was friendly and the management was helpful. The hospital is clean. The equipment was up to date and always working.
ok
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wells, MEMarch 11, 2017
Nice place to work if they had adequate staffing. I helped to build a brand new practice, but in the end they kept adding more job duties on a daily basis with no other support.
Fast paced work environment. Never a dull moment!
York, P.A. - Unit Secretary/ Telemetry Monitor (Former Employee) –  4 MainFebruary 16, 2017
We had an amazing nursing team on the unit including our nurse manager. She was encouraging and caring. We had a very easy flow when it came to shift change and patient transfer. Everyone on the floor including the RN's, NA,s, management, unit secretaries, and students all worked together everyday and treated each other as an equal.
Pros
Great vacation time and earned time off
Cons
Small break room with insufficient amount of employee lockers
Great place to work before it became more interested in big business versus patient care.
Medical Transcriptionist & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 10, 2017
I was extremely busy training gals to be transcriptionists, counseling employees, time cards, answering phones and other supervisory duties. I thoroughly enjoyed my work but due to the increasing duties it became a job for three instead of one. I left due to burn out.
Pros
Great cafeteria and wonderful employees.
Cons
My immediate supervisor calling me trying to run the show from home on second and third shifts.
It's a great place to work.
unit secretary (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 6, 2017
I was the organizer of the nurses station and nursing unit. I transcribed doctors orders (that takes some skill distinguishing their handwritings), rand specimens and ordered supplies. We had a busy unit, with an mini intensive care attached to it. They hired 2 people to replace me when I left.
Overall I think York Hospital provides quality care.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, MEJanuary 6, 2017
The twelve hour shifts are challenging. The hospital environment was a very different setting to get used to. The hardest part was learning of new equipment and how to use it. There was a communication issue between some of the nurses and CNA's. The best part of the job was providing quality care for some very sick people.
Pros
Commute, management, education
Cons
Lack of communication, long hours on your feet, cost of insurance
Summary
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 17, 2016
The communication between management is poor on my floor. Also, the ordering of essential products is not well. Some of the employees are not very nice and do not communicate well either.
Love
CNA / Secretary (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 1, 2016
ne of my most favor places to work , had to move because of my husbands job or would still be there. great to employees and patients. Always learning new things.
enjoy working with my coworkers
LPN IN PEDIATRICS (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 15, 2016
fast pace, monitoring patients for procedures and working with the doctors.
Monitoring and administering medications, sedations for procedures
teaching patients
Pros
patients are truly appreciative and thankful
Cons
some days are very busy and difficult to get a break or lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

York Hospital Reviews by Location