York Hospital

York Hospital Employee Reviews

Caring environment focused on quality patient care
Microbiology laboratory intern incultures (Current Employee), York, PAApril 12, 2015
Pros: free food, great people
Cons: short breaks
Fast paced environment that has periods of high volume specimen processing. Highly specialized laboratory that performs many tests in-house. York Hospital is a teaching hospital that facilitates the learning of skills required to be an exceptional Medical technologist in all the areas of the lab. Working in Microbiology has allowed me to learn the skills to interact with all health care professionals and identify problem specimens. My co-workers allow there to be a friendly team oriented atmosphere even at highly stressful times. There is never a time that a question cannot be asked. I truly loved working for this exceptionally managed team.
Library Tech
Library Technician (Current Employee), York, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Like the benifits, nice place to work
Cons: Income is too low
I spend a great deal of time finding litature, research articles for Nurses, Doctors, Med students, and Residents.

Receive books, electronic books and journals and process them using a computer software program.

Statistics are also a part of my job as far as keeping track of who is using the library and how much time they spend and what I do for them. Keep track of how much money a department is using for research etc.
I do answer the phone with multiple lines and perform the usual office duties. Copies, excel, word, power point etc.

order items using software that is used by many libraries, organizations and medical schools.
They work place can feel a little more friendly.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 23, 2015
A typical work day for me is making my patients feel good about themselves. The hardest thing about working in the hospital is finding that a lot of people aren't as friendly as you think.
Productive work atmosphere
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), York, MEJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: a fabulous work enviroment
Cons: healthcare
Fast paced medical office with great team who care about the patients and delivering exceptional service. Typical day includes patient contact with rooming, vital signs, medication reconciliation, immunizations and phlebotomy. Management understands work/life balance and takes everyone's well being into consideration.
Very nice small hospital to work for
Medical Assistant (OBGYN) (Former Employee), York, MEDecember 21, 2014
Most physician practices associated with York hospital are very busy. They offer wonderful benefits. Management could use some improvement. Diverse co-workers. Its a decent place to work. It has its pros and it has its cons just like most places.
Excellent company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), MaineDecember 15, 2014
This is an exceptional company to work for and I love every minute of it!
Great atmosphier
Medical Biller (Former Employee), York, MEJune 30, 2014
make phone calls to insurance companies
send out secondary claims
create new claims to be sent to insurance companies
send out billing information to lawyers
send out workers comp claims
finding credits and repaying them to insurance or patient
search and find payments in remittance advice
mail out appeals to insurance companies
mail out late payment letters to patients
York Hospital provides love and kindness to its patients.
Pacemaker/ICD Technician (Current Employee), York, MEJune 3, 2014
Pros: small hospital where you know everyone
Cons: large turn over in the last few years.
A typical work day starts at 8:00 am. I have been very fortunate to have been trained in house for my wonderful job. It is a very rewarding job to be able to make daily differences in patients lives.
We are a flat organization which means there is no middle management. We have leaders! We are all expected to work pretty independently. There are 8 of us that work in the Cardiology department. We work closely with 10 cardiologist within the York Hospital family. The most enjoyable part of my day is speaking to my patients. We have created a great relationship in the last 8 years. The hardest part of my job is learning that one of my patients has paced away.
fun, easy-going, enjoyable work environment.
Kitchen Volunteer (Former Employee), York HospitalMarch 7, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the distance from my location
I would normally help out wherever they needed me, usually in the kitchen. I helped out with the baking, cutting, cleaning, and patient care. The management was great. My coworkers were all so nice and everyone is just so friendly. The hardest part is leaving. I enjoy every minute there.
Good employer, Very nice People
ED Tech (Former Employee), York, MENovember 10, 2013
York Hospital is a nice place to work. They are very helpful and informative. Hours are not steady.
York Hospital
Emergency Room Coordinator (Clerk) (Current Employee), York, MENovember 10, 2013
York Hospital,loving kindness, fast paced, hard work. Enjoyable, family like environment.
Disorganized, lack of leadership and accountability, they do not value employees or education
Maintenance (Former Employee), York, MEOctober 8, 2013
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: promoting unqualified people, no incentives or accountability, disrespectful management, no raises
I worked in a department where the leader of that department was not even my boss. Evaluations are based on what others say to your supervisor not on your actual performance. Managers are in charge of several departments and know very little about the departments they run. Managers and HR allow unacceptable employee behavior no matter how violent or offensive the act.

Expectations are unrealistic. Management wants staff to do 10 hours of work in 8. Not only is it impossible, in healthcare, it is dangerous.
There are no definitive job descriptions or guidelines.

I was truly lucky to be part of the only real team in the hospital. It was difficult working in three departments everyday but when it was required that I work in a fourth it was time to leave.
Do not work in OR!
RN (Current Employee), Surgical ServiceAugust 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: unfriendly and whiney staff in surgical services
I would not recomend the OR at York Hospital. The staff is not friendly and basically are "back stabbers".
Local Hospital
Support Services Representative (Former Employee), York, MEJuly 11, 2013
Cons: benefits
Management is confusing and they are constantly restructuring.
York Hospital is a hospital with traditional values in a modern world!
Administrative (Current Employee), York, MEApril 15, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: working alongside some folks who are resistant to change
I have been a YH employee for about 6 months now and I can tell you that although the hospital is changing with the times they are really trying to keep to their moto of "Loving Kindness". It is so nice to work for a company that values its employees, guarantees your employment in times of economic uncertainty, and at the same times continues to evolve with the everchanging healthcare industry. I would honestly recommend York Hospital to anyone looking for a career in a place where you are expected to work hard and be dedicated to the staff and patients but at the same time you are valued and rewarded for it. If you dedicate yourself to York Hospital they will dedicate themself to you in return and that is a hard thing to find these days.
York Hospital York ME
Administrative (Current Employee), York MEApril 15, 2013
I am a fairly new employee with York Hospital and have found it a most enjoyable place to work. I am in an administrative position. My immeditate reaction to York Hospital, was that it doesn't have the feel of a Hospital, it is very warm and inviting. The employees all take pride in their work and ensure that patients get the care they need. I would highly recommend York Hospital for both employment and care.
My experience at Portsmouth
Surgical Care Buyer (Current Employee), York, MESeptember 17, 2012
Pros: staff cookouts
Cons: took away bonuses
I learned the most in the operating room such as care and support to the patients before and after surgery. I found there was a need for improvement in the management staff but there the coworkers I had were always supportive and knowledgable. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients though the hardest part of the job was seeing the tragic accidents.

About York Hospital

York Hospital is a non-profit 501(c)(3) 79-bed hospital with five community sites and 13 physician practices. We use a loving-kindness – Read more

York Hospital Salaries