York Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Loving and Kind
Registered Nurse, Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  York, MEJuly 7, 2016
My co-workers all work hard. Good team work. Most enjoyable part of my job are caring for my patients and knowing how appreciative they are
Pros
great food
Cons
Very busy
All about the bottom line
Practice Manager Pediatrics and PSR (Current Employee) –  York, MEMay 28, 2016
Got into healthcare to take care of patient, they are not about the employees or the patients anymore they are about the bottom line.
I would rather not comment.
Independent coverage (Former Employee) –  York, MEMay 21, 2016
They are under legal investigation right now, I cannot say any more. There has been negative impact on myself and others. I was paid fairly while there, but never given a chance to advance, while those around me with less experience and achievement were offered greater opportunity. I was loyal, but it did not pay off in the end. I have since been focusing on bettering myself and my skills, so that I now have even more to offer.
Pros
Houry wage.
Cons
Illegal management practices.
staff are very friendly and helpful
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  York, MEJanuary 28, 2016
i enjoyed working with the homecare office volunteering to file their medical paperwork into an electronic filing system
Pros
everyone very helpful and friendly
Cons
Small, friendly community hospital.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  York, MENovember 7, 2015
There is virtually NO room for advancement or to go to other departments. They want "experience ", yet they don't GIVE it! There isn't much offered for continuing education, and management has almost no idea what we do. How can my supervisor tell me what to do when she can't do it? It's awkward to have more knowledge than the person who has authority over you.
The majority of the staff go out of their way to give excellent care to the patients, and there is some fantastic teamwork at times. There are some top notch MD's there, and the patients (usually) seem very pleased with their care.
The hospital could use some restructuring and make some changes; if they did, their P.G. scores would be amazing! It's a quaint facility with great staff and A LOT of potential!
Pros
Great staff, generally reasonable staff/patient ratios and peer support.
Cons
Management doesn't listen, and the wages are not comparable to other Seacoast hospitals. NO opportunity for advancement!
Productive work atmosphere
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  York, MEJanuary 4, 2015
Fast paced medical office with great team who care about the patients and delivering exceptional service. Typical day includes patient contact with rooming, vital signs, medication reconciliation, immunizations and phlebotomy. Management understands work/life balance and takes everyone's well being into consideration.
Pros
a fabulous work enviroment
Cons
healthcare
Very nice small hospital to work for
Medical Assistant (OBGYN) (Former Employee) –  York, MEDecember 21, 2014
Most physician practices associated with York hospital are very busy. They offer wonderful benefits. Management could use some improvement. Diverse co-workers. Its a decent place to work. It has its pros and it has its cons just like most places.
Excellent company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  MaineDecember 15, 2014
This is an exceptional company to work for and I love every minute of it!
Great atmosphier
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  York, MEJune 30, 2014
make phone calls to insurance companies
send out secondary claims
create new claims to be sent to insurance companies
send out billing information to lawyers
send out workers comp claims
finding credits and repaying them to insurance or patient
search and find payments in remittance advice
mail out appeals to insurance companies
mail out late payment letters to patients
York Hospital provides love and kindness to its patients.
Pacemaker/ICD Technician (Current Employee) –  York, MEJune 3, 2014
A typical work day starts at 8:00 am. I have been very fortunate to have been trained in house for my wonderful job. It is a very rewarding job to be able to make daily differences in patients lives.
We are a flat organization which means there is no middle management. We have leaders! We are all expected to work pretty independently. There are 8 of us that work in the Cardiology department. We work closely with 10 cardiologist within the York Hospital family. The most enjoyable part of my day is speaking to my patients. We have created a great relationship in the last 8 years. The hardest part of my job is learning that one of my patients has paced away.
Pros
small hospital where you know everyone
Cons
large turn over in the last few years.
Good employer, Very nice People
ED Tech (Former Employee) –  York, MENovember 10, 2013
York Hospital is a nice place to work. They are very helpful and informative. Hours are not steady.
York Hospital
Emergency Room Coordinator (Clerk) (Current Employee) –  York, MENovember 10, 2013
York Hospital,loving kindness, fast paced, hard work. Enjoyable, family like environment.
Disorganized, lack of leadership and accountability, they do not value employees or education
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  York, MEOctober 8, 2013
I worked in a department where the leader of that department was not even my boss. Evaluations are based on what others say to your supervisor not on your actual performance. Managers are in charge of several departments and know very little about the departments they run. Managers and HR allow unacceptable employee behavior no matter how violent or offensive the act.

Expectations are unrealistic. Management wants staff to do 10 hours of work in 8. Not only is it impossible, in healthcare, it is dangerous.
There are no definitive job descriptions or guidelines.

I was truly lucky to be part of the only real team in the hospital. It was difficult working in three departments everyday but when it was required that I work in a fourth it was time to leave.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
promoting unqualified people, no incentives or accountability, disrespectful management, no raises
Do not work in OR!
RN (Current Employee) –  Surgical ServiceAugust 18, 2013
I would not recomend the OR at York Hospital. The staff is not friendly and basically are "back stabbers".
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unfriendly and whiney staff in surgical services
Local Hospital
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  York, MEJuly 11, 2013
Management is confusing and they are constantly restructuring.
benefits
York Hospital is a hospital with traditional values in a modern world!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  York, MEApril 15, 2013
I have been a YH employee for about 6 months now and I can tell you that although the hospital is changing with the times they are really trying to keep to their moto of "Loving Kindness". It is so nice to work for a company that values its employees, guarantees your employment in times of economic uncertainty, and at the same times continues to evolve with the everchanging healthcare industry. I would honestly recommend York Hospital to anyone looking for a career in a place where you are expected to work hard and be dedicated to the staff and patients but at the same time you are valued and rewarded for it. If you dedicate yourself to York Hospital they will dedicate themself to you in return and that is a hard thing to find these days.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
working alongside some folks who are resistant to change
York Hospital York ME
Administrative (Current Employee) –  York MEApril 15, 2013
I am a fairly new employee with York Hospital and have found it a most enjoyable place to work. I am in an administrative position. My immeditate reaction to York Hospital, was that it doesn't have the feel of a Hospital, it is very warm and inviting. The employees all take pride in their work and ensure that patients get the care they need. I would highly recommend York Hospital for both employment and care.
Under paid Management does not value staff
Inventory control (Current Employee) –  inventoryDecember 16, 2012
There is a York Hospital in Maine and in PA. The York Hospital in Maine is one to stay away from. They don't give raises and constantly are making cuts yet the CEO makes over $600k per yr and the avg small hospital CEO pay in Maine is about $250 per yr. The second in command makes $382.800 per yr and this non profit is broke. They talk of Loving Kindness only for the paying patients that make management rich!!
Pros
they don't layoff
Cons
no future or respect
My experience at Portsmouth
Surgical Care Buyer (Current Employee) –  York, MESeptember 17, 2012
I learned the most in the operating room such as care and support to the patients before and after surgery. I found there was a need for improvement in the management staff but there the coworkers I had were always supportive and knowledgable. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients though the hardest part of the job was seeing the tragic accidents.
Pros
staff cookouts
Cons
took away bonuses

2.8