York Risk Services Group Employee Reviews

Excellent Job. I would have loved to work for them full time.
Senior Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 13, 2017
I handled all claims for IL, IN and Kansas. I learned how to work as an adjuster in states that I previously did not have experience in doing so as I have only been a worker's compensation Adjuster in FL.
The work culture was wonderful. York really values their employees and ensures that training is available, open door policy with management; a very cohesive environment. The Management at York is outstanding.
Decent Place to Work if you have children
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 14, 2017
They are very flexible with work schedule if you have children. But after 7 years of being here and only getting $1.00 raise since starting it's kind of demeaning. I have moved up two positions and taken on many new large duties and haven't received compensation for those moves.
Summary
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2017
I have a great team of adjuster's and support staff. My management style consists of coaching and mentoring to ensure that my staff is successful. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed.
Could use better benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2017
The York office in Tallahassee relies too much upon opinions of DEP rather than work quality. There is too much red tape to cut through with it seems like everything.
Pros
Schedule, holidays
Cons
Benefit options, Dep
York PHX Office -great office
Sr. Workers Compensation Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2017
Has allowed me to work 9 hour days and flex every second Monday. Love that. I was on a dedicated account. Always risky. But for the contract ending, I would have said job security was 5/5. I've been happy working here. Some great co-workers
Pros
FLEX Time
Cons
Noisy office due to some loud co-workers
Limited upward mobility
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 6, 2017
The Tallahassee office is different from most York offices, as it is a contractor for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. This leaves little room for moving up within the company.
Bad management horrible
Client Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 31, 2016
Banking department is horrible. we are seen as the "worse" department to other departments. No team work from other colleagues unless from your department. Upper management is horrible very micromanaged and no room for growth constantly being nitpicked for every little detail from management and a lot of favoritism HORRIBLE! and a lot of over time even on weekends/holidays
Benefits
Friendly Co-workers
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35209October 19, 2016
Co-workers/Team Members are very friendly, and soon become practically family. They are also always there to help you when needed, whether with a personal issue, or to help lighten your workload for you to reach deadlines.
I loath writing negative reviews, However......
Inspector (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 22, 2016
I am at the end of my contract with York as an independent contractor and I've performed the roll of field inspector and Loss Control Consultant, I am experienced in the field and understand how to maximize earning potential in a field with low consulting fees.

The best part of this role is the ability to work from home, which I have done for two+ decades. The worst part of this contract, from my experiences two fold: The exaggerated opportunity/work load and the inability to earn reasonable fees for the work required.

The company indicated there was more work than they were actually able to provide, significantly less in fact. The low fees paid per inspection require efficient travel routing,good time management and plenty of jobs available to create the aforementioned needs.

My manager was gracious to me and did what he could for the most part. The company used my willingness to travel well beyond what was reasonable.

The job often requires multiple contracts or an additional source of income but this is ridiculous.
Cons
The expense generated versus return is sad.
Good pay. Poor culture
Senior Workers' Compensation Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 25, 2015
Examiners are unhappy, for the most part, with the direction of the company. Heavy workload. Demands are overwhelming at times.
Work Place
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary FloridaJune 1, 2015
A typical day at York is filled with lots of different tasks and can vary from day to day. I've learned a lot, including how to handle lost time claims. Management varies. Some great, some not so great. I have fabulous co-workers. The hardest part is the work load. The most enjoyable part is being able to help others and learning new things.
Manufacturer of printing and coding equipments
AR Managed Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 31, 2015
Small family owned company. Nice staff and managment was pleasant to work for. Not much as far as movement for advancement. Decent salaries.
Don't turn to the dark side!
OSC Associate (Current Employee) –  AmericaDecember 16, 2014
A few coworkers run their office into the ground, pi** off coworkers regularly & Mgr. lets them. Consider the other job offers you may have before them. Good luck.
Fast paced, demanding job.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 16, 2014
They offer flexible hours. You can work from home if approved. It is a fast paced environment. the work is extremely demanding. It is hard to keep up with the volume and expectations. The co-workers are very nice and helpful. Management is hard on the employees.
Productive and great place to work
Workers Compensation Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALNovember 8, 2014
York Risk Services is a great place to work. The reason being is because it has great managment. The people there are helpful, knowlegelable and personable.
Pros
good managment, flexible time, great pay and benefits
No Thanks
Claims Intake Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 30, 2014
typical call center work, extended sitting and phone calls
A new branch of a company trying to get on it's feet...struggling
Receptionist/Office Management (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 11, 2014
Answering multiple phone lines -between two of us...average 200 calls a day. Scheduled and set up meetings in 4 conference rooms...Sometimes patched through calls to other national offices. Screened walk-in clients and visitors with appointments only through in-house monitor...ordered office equipment and for main office and other offices off-site...used e-mail extensively to notify and relay information to employees.

I learned that I am a self starter and that I like working with people.
I also gained a knowledge of the business.

To be fair...This York office was a new starter office in California with the Home Office in Parsippany, New Jersey...therefore management seemed confused as to protocol and expectations from New Jersey. The employees felt it. Two of us at the front desk were experienced in that capacity we made up the tasks we needed to do and worked together on it. Management was not much aware of what we did or how extensive our job was.

I enjoyed most of our co-workers and had a good relationship with them. I knew so many from Claims Management.

The hardest and most frustrating part of the job was getting the management to understand what we did at the front desk.

I enjoyed the relationships with my co-workers and the sense that we were achieving good results and still able to give good client/claimant services.
Pros
Working and helping people through good services
Cons
The miscommunication between employees and management
Team
Sr. Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 30, 2014
The Florida team is an awesome group. Really enjoyed working with them
Not a place I would recomend to anyone
Senior Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 6, 2014
Poor communication between managers and employees.
Unprofessional behavior from management.
No job security.
Computer equipment outdated and accounting applications antiquated.
Pros
Timely paycheck & free parking
Cons
Poor communication between managers and employees.
York is really FARA
Loss Control Rep (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 10, 2013
I worked for FARA, which York apparently now owns, was a terrible company to work for. I have been in Risk Management for 10 years and this was the worst contract I ever had. They were very dishonest about pay structure. I don't know if York has made any changes to FARA since taking over but proceed with caution.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Management, Pay, Lousy IT