York Risk Services Group

York Risk Services Group Employer Reviews

Fast paced, demanding job.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLDecember 16, 2014
They offer flexible hours. You can work from home if approved. It is a fast paced environment. the work is extremely demanding. It is hard to keep up with the volume and expectations. The co-workers are very nice and helpful. Management is hard on the employees.
Productive and great place to work
Workers Compensation Claims Associate (Former Employee), Homewood, ALNovember 8, 2014
Pros: good managment, flexible time, great pay and benefits
York Risk Services is a great place to work. The reason being is because it has great managment. The people there are helpful, knowlegelable and personable.
No Thanks
Claims Intake Associate (Former Employee), Dublin, OHSeptember 30, 2014
typical call center work, extended sitting and phone calls
A new branch of a company trying to get on it's feet...struggling
Receptionist/Office Management (Former Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: working and helping people through good services
Cons: the miscommunication between employees and management
Answering multiple phone lines -between two of us...average 200 calls a day. Scheduled and set up meetings in 4 conference rooms...Sometimes patched through calls to other national offices. Screened walk-in clients and visitors with appointments only through in-house monitor...ordered office equipment and for main office and other offices off-site...used e-mail extensively to notify and relay information to employees.

I learned that I am a self starter and that I like working with people.
I also gained a knowledge of the business.

To be fair...This York office was a new starter office in California with the Home Office in Parsippany, New Jersey...therefore management seemed confused as to protocol and expectations from New Jersey. The employees felt it. Two of us at the front desk were experienced in that capacity we made up the tasks we needed to do and worked together on it. Management was not much aware of what we did or how extensive our job was.

I enjoyed most of our co-workers and had a good relationship with them. I knew so many from Claims Management.

The hardest and most frustrating part of the job was getting the management to understand what we did at the front desk.

I enjoyed the relationships with my co-workers and the sense that we were achieving good results and still able to give good client/claimant services.
Team
Sr. Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLApril 30, 2014
The Florida team is an awesome group. Really enjoyed working with them
Not a place I would recomend to anyone
Senior Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: timely paycheck & free parking
Cons: poor communication between managers and employees.
Poor communication between managers and employees.
Unprofessional behavior from management.
No job security.
Computer equipment outdated and accounting applications antiquated.
York is really FARA
Loss Control Rep (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 10, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management, pay, lousy it
I worked for FARA, which York apparently now owns, was a terrible company to work for. I have been in Risk Management for 10 years and this was the worst contract I ever had. They were very dishonest about pay structure. I don't know if York has made any changes to FARA since taking over but proceed with caution.
York RSG
Recruiter and Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Orange, CAJuly 9, 2013
I source candidates for southern and northern California job openings using resume searching, job posting, cold calling, and referrals.
Productive and busy workplace
Operations Service Center (OSC) Associate (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 28, 2012
Pros: reported to excellent upper management
Cons: no breaks, workspace too confined
Very fast paced in call center environment. Typical day included multi tasking several responsibilities while answering incoming calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting incoming callers with their issues and concerns.