York Risk Services Group Employee Reviews in United States

I loath writing negative reviews, However......
Inspector (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 22, 2016
I am at the end of my contract with York as an independent contractor and I've performed the roll of field inspector and Loss Control Consultant, I am experienced in the field and understand how to maximize earning potential in a field with low consulting fees.

The best part of this role is the ability to work from home, which I have done for two+ decades. The worst part of this contract, from my experiences two fold: The exaggerated opportunity/work load and the inability to earn reasonable fees for the work required.

The company indicated there was more work than they were actually able to provide, significantly less in fact. The low fees paid per inspection require efficient travel routing,good time management and plenty of jobs available to create the aforementioned needs.

My manager was gracious to me and did what he could for the most part. The company used my willingness to travel well beyond what was reasonable.

The job often requires multiple contracts or an additional source of income but this is ridiculous.
Cons
The expense generated versus return is sad.
Work Place
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary FloridaJune 1, 2015
A typical day at York is filled with lots of different tasks and can vary from day to day. I've learned a lot, including how to handle lost time claims. Management varies. Some great, some not so great. I have fabulous co-workers. The hardest part is the work load. The most enjoyable part is being able to help others and learning new things.
Manufacturer of printing and coding equipments
AR Managed Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 31, 2015
Small family owned company. Nice staff and managment was pleasant to work for. Not much as far as movement for advancement. Decent salaries.
Don't turn to the dark side!
OSC Associate (Current Employee) –  AmericaDecember 16, 2014
A few coworkers run their office into the ground, pi** off coworkers regularly & Mgr. lets them. Consider the other job offers you may have before them. Good luck.
Fast paced, demanding job.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 16, 2014
They offer flexible hours. You can work from home if approved. It is a fast paced environment. the work is extremely demanding. It is hard to keep up with the volume and expectations. The co-workers are very nice and helpful. Management is hard on the employees.
Productive and great place to work
Workers Compensation Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALNovember 8, 2014
York Risk Services is a great place to work. The reason being is because it has great managment. The people there are helpful, knowlegelable and personable.
Pros
good managment, flexible time, great pay and benefits
No Thanks
Claims Intake Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 30, 2014
typical call center work, extended sitting and phone calls
A new branch of a company trying to get on it's feet...struggling
Receptionist/Office Management (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 11, 2014
Answering multiple phone lines -between two of us...average 200 calls a day. Scheduled and set up meetings in 4 conference rooms...Sometimes patched through calls to other national offices. Screened walk-in clients and visitors with appointments only through in-house monitor...ordered office equipment and for main office and other offices off-site...used e-mail extensively to notify and relay information to employees.

I learned that I am a self starter and that I like working with people.
I also gained a knowledge of the business.

To be fair...This York office was a new starter office in California with the Home Office in Parsippany, New Jersey...therefore management seemed confused as to protocol and expectations from New Jersey. The employees felt it. Two of us at the front desk were experienced in that capacity we made up the tasks we needed to do and worked together on it. Management was not much aware of what we did or how extensive our job was.

I enjoyed most of our co-workers and had a good relationship with them. I knew so many from Claims Management.

The hardest and most frustrating part of the job was getting the management to understand what we did at the front desk.

I enjoyed the relationships with my co-workers and the sense that we were achieving good results and still able to give good client/claimant services.
Pros
working and helping people through good services
Cons
the miscommunication between employees and management
Team
Sr. Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 30, 2014
The Florida team is an awesome group. Really enjoyed working with them
Not a place I would recomend to anyone
Senior Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 6, 2014
Poor communication between managers and employees.
Unprofessional behavior from management.
No job security.
Computer equipment outdated and accounting applications antiquated.
Pros
timely paycheck & free parking
Cons
poor communication between managers and employees.
York is really FARA
Loss Control Rep (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 10, 2013
I worked for FARA, which York apparently now owns, was a terrible company to work for. I have been in Risk Management for 10 years and this was the worst contract I ever had. They were very dishonest about pay structure. I don't know if York has made any changes to FARA since taking over but proceed with caution.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management, pay, lousy it
York RSG
Recruiter and Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 9, 2013
I source candidates for southern and northern California job openings using resume searching, job posting, cold calling, and referrals.
Productive and busy workplace
Operations Service Center (OSC) Associate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 28, 2012
Very fast paced in call center environment. Typical day included multi tasking several responsibilities while answering incoming calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting incoming callers with their issues and concerns.
Pros
reported to excellent upper management
Cons
no breaks, workspace too confined

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Risk Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9