York Technical College Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Counseling Intern (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 18, 2015
I have never felt more welcomed and valued by a set of co-workers. York Technical College is invested in my personal and professional growth.
Outside all day
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chester SCDecember 23, 2014
Completed Nine-week intensive Transportation Careers Training Program.
great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCOctober 11, 2014
the management is the best so far. working with others is the best part of the job.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Giving back to the community
Peer Tutor and Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 6, 2014
Helping others by giving back to the community. Helping others to reach their full potential through tutoring and counseling.
Educational
Student Learning Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  ClassroomsSeptember 15, 2014
I would attend my classes and learn about Data Entry, Customer Service, Psychology and increasing my typing speed. Everyone was friendly overall. I found nothing challenging. I enjoyed my Psychology class because everyone shared their opinions on various topics which was the foundation of the class.
Top down management - hostile work environment
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 24, 2014
A medium size public institution. Important decisions are made at the top and imposed on the faculty. Some of the promotional opportunities go to the inner circle of the administration and some appointments are made without advertising. Some top administrators got promoted despite their incompetence and continued hostility toward their employees. HR is very ineffective in resolving conflicts.
Pros
stable job with good healthcare and retirement benefits.
Cons
promotions limited to the inner circle of the management.
Great School
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 30, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Wish there was more opportunity there.
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
very little hours.
Interesting
Clinical Coordinator-Surgical Technology (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 10, 2014
Some days were spent in classroom teaching basics of Surgical Technology. Other days were spent in a lab teaching students instruments, positioning & other requirements for functioning in the Surgical Suite.
Paper program
Adjunct paper teacher (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 1, 2014
Taught and developed paper science program to students along with work experience at the paper mill in Catawba, SC.
Productive and fun place to work
Enrollement Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 25, 2014
This is a great place of employment! Everyone is helpful and will assist you in any way possible. There is always room for growth!
Administrative Specialist
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 2, 2013
I enjoyed my time at YTC. It was very family orientated. I was cross trained in several areas which made my job both hectic and interesting at the same time.
Pros
flexibility with schedules.
Cons
sometimes management will not listen to those who are doing the work to assest improvement.
wonderful and fun workplace with lots of lunch parties
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 19, 2013
At work i answered the phones and delivered messages. I vouchered and worked on time sheets. I learned a lot in this position through my co workers when it came to the accounting process and procurement. The hardest pert of the day was making sure i charged the right account with the right bill. I enjoyed working with the different delivery companies as the dilevered the packages to me.
Enrollment Services
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 30, 2013
A day at York Tech is an interesting day for the simple fact that you never can predict what kind of day it will be. From the craziest calls from students to the angry parents who cannot access thier kids accounts. I learned a great deal of things working with this company, from filling to financial aid that one day will come in handy not just for myself but for my kids as well. It can get hectic and a little crazy at times especially when thier are deadlines for the students but we still manage to pull through.
Pros
flexible schedual, mon-fri, great enviornment to work in
Cons
no benefits, no chances of obtaining full-time position, cannot work more than 25hrs no exceptions, and pay is not enough for the work that is done on a daily basis.
productive and fun.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill SCJanuary 14, 2013
Assisting students with checking out books. Keeping book shelves organized.Making library cards for students and other community members. I've learned how to communicate with people with different lifestyles. Management was very helpful and kind. Management displayed excellent leadership skills. The over all job was enjoyable. There was no difficult job duties.
Great atmosphere and great fellow employees
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Chester, SCDecember 10, 2012
Work days here fly by with laughs and team efforts! We assist students in completing the application to the college and the financial aid portions of the application process. We answer phones and troubleshoot student issues all day long but with a big smile on our faces because we know that we are helping students be successful!
Everything was a great experience working at York Technical College.
Technical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 30, 2012
I learned how to work on computer software, hardware, ghosting/imaging, security admissions, updates, installations, etc. I really enjoyed working there and the staff was very helpful\friendly.
I injoyed teaching.
Adjunct instructor York Tech (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 14, 2012
I contracted with school to teach classes and write curriculum.
Pros
provide since of fullfilment.
Cons
it was not consistant work.
A nice comfortable environment to work in.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, SCJuly 12, 2012
Some of the most honest trusting people that i have had the pleasure to work with!
Pros
flexible hours, good people, short work days, very laid back.
Cons
not enough hours
Fantastic work environment
Information Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 13, 2012
My typical day was to expand the wireless footprint of the College. Adding additional internal/external APs to improve the needed access for student success. I have participated in projects ranging from networking projectors to initializing Code Blue Emergency Response poles. I am responsible in monitoring the wireless infrastructure to maintain security and availability. I provide support to all Faculty/Staff/Student clients for access and issues that may develop. I support events at our SC Convention Center for vendors during their conferences. I have the pleasure of having a wonderful supervisor that makes working here a pleasure. The team that I work with makes my job enjoyable and successful.
Pros
location to home and work environment
Cons
i am working under a grant position and would feel secure with a full time position.
Flexible employer
Career Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 26, 2012
Good professional development opportunities, flexible for those with families, excellent opportunity if you enjoy working with non-traditional college students, state benefits and retirement for full time employees
Pros
flexible
Cons
due to economy, retirement benefits decreasing

4.4