York University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Educational, Professional atmosphere
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Founder CollegeMay 29, 2015
Working at York University as the Vice president of operations was very informative and rewarding. In this job position i was able to meet with professors,students and staff of York university in order to give current and future students the best possible experiences in different facets such as, education, social life, and finances. I learned how to keep track of co-workers hours through data basing and how to interact with people based on each special environment. my co-workers each had different personalities and work habits, learning how to have good communication with my co-workers and making sure that they felt comfortable in the work environment and felt comfortable to talk to me when problems arose was very important. the hardest part of the job for me was all the different responsibilities that i had such as being a full time student, a son, a partner and a part time worker, but all these different roles helped me find a good balance, and helped me acquire the skill of prioritization.
Pros
Office Space
Cons
Loud Environment
An excellent place to work; great benefits and the atmosphere was very employee oriented.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faculty of Arts and later Faculty of Fine ArtsJanuary 8, 2014
My job was a very busy one. I had diverse responsibilities and the people were great to work with. We mostly worked as a team, but when needed I worked independently as well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with situations where co-workers had problems with each other.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Supervising employees who were unhappy with another employee's work habits.
Good environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Keele CampusMay 14, 2013
It is a great environment for computer science students like myself. I really enjoyed the atmosphere on campus and had fun collaborating with peers on projects and coding for hours for assignments.
great knowledge with intelligent students and professors
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  torontoOctober 31, 2012
attending classes in a university setting and gaining valuable knowledge
Pros
knowledge
Cons
not enough hours