Yorktel Employee Reviews

Productive and felxable work place
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA 91320August 23, 2016
i enjoy everything about my job and the work that I have done being that this position at Yorktel - Amgen Conferencing Services USTO , is thru an agency I have the ability to also work from home, on project. The people are also friendly, and helpful for any questions and assistance.
This position is almost over for me my contract ends 09/2016 and at this time, I have to start my search for more permanent employment.
Pros
This is a wonderful place to work
Cons
For me this is a contract positon, and I'm not elegible for benifits and this is what I also need.
No body is happy on our side of the building
CONFERENCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJune 15, 2016
You have to work holidays, the raises are almost non existent, and there is no training at all.

There is a pessimistic vibe throughout the managedservices side of the building.

There are not many enjoyable aspects besides being indoors and the work is not overly demanding.

It is a customer service based job which of course brings the typical unpleasant customers.
YorkTel Plays Soap Opera Politics
Technical Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 18, 2016
While overall YorkTel is a good company to work for, they essentially are managed in the upper echelons by a politically correct group of leaders. Add to this a few individuals who are political assassins and you have the potential for am unpleasant work environment.
Pros
Quality people and personalities.
Cons
Political assassins.
Company has workers with know how knowledge
Tier ll Ops (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 10, 2012
This company has a great team of workers that know how to fix anything, however, everyone seems to be overextended in their duties.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
short or no breaks
Audio Visual Integrator who cares about their employees
Application Engineer - Audio Visual (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJAugust 25, 2013
In the audio visual industry, the customer comes first. But to a lot of employers in the industry, this means before the employee's life outside of the office. This is not the case at Yorktel. At Yorktel they know that sometimes family has to take precedence, so they will never shame you when you have to take care of sick child, or deal with troubling issues with a family member or in your personal life. They understand that when an employee can't focus due to troubling times, they'll be a much better employee after the troubling times, if they are given the breathing room and helping hand from the team to deal with those problems.
Pros
Telecommuting embraced, not frowned upon
Cons
A little understaffed
Uneventful cubical work with little chance for advancement
Administrative & Media Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJAugust 31, 2012
- A typical day at work involves sitting at a cubicle all day, scheduling meeting after meeting, while providing customer support for those in need.
- I have learned how to operate different online programs such as MyVRM and Lotus Notes. It has sharpened my customer support skills and my ability to work under pressure when receiving demands from eager customers.
- Management here, from what I have heard, has never been steady. The manager of the company has never held the position for more than 2 years, and our most recent manager just got fired recently. From what I have noticed over my short time, is that this company struggles with direction, and this starts with the lack of leadership from the management team. There is very little managing going on and little direction to new employees like myself. It is pretty much a learn on your own, train on your own atmosphere.
- My co-workers are the best part about the company. Everyone I work with on my side of the company is very friendly, outgoing, and easy to get along with. This is one of the few things that makes this company enjoyable.
- The hardest parts of this job are: driving 40 minutes to work, sitting at a desk for 8-9 hours a day doing something that is the least bit challenging, and knowing that there is little to know room for advancement in the company (especially with the recent "hiring freeze")
- The most enjoyable part of the job would, again, have to be the relationship I share with my co-workers.
Typical day at work
Assistance Logistic Manager/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 19, 2015
The fun part of working for Yorktel is learning from my logistic/warehouse manager, he made it easy to learn the day to day operations of the warehouse. He always told me to be proactive and be a head of the game.

Typical day at work will be getting things ready to be shipped out, and having materials received on a timely matter, while taking care of any last minute things that comes down the pipeline.
Great Learning Envoirnment
Managed Services Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMay 15, 2012
Working at Yorktel I've learned to apply work / life balance, how to re prioritize and most importantly, exemplary customer service. My co-workers are always willing to assist and that shines through to strengthen my values and work ethic. I enjoy helping my clients and working with them to resolve their inquiries and transitioning them to our hosted solutions.
Nice office. People were wonderful.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Nice place to work. Everyone willing to help everyone. Management questionable.
Pros
Nice Co-Workers
It was great
Backfill VTC tech (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2014
I love working for them. I got great pay and great environment to work for. The management are human and approachable.
Cutting edge video integration company. They make video simple.
Video Communications Hub Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 1, 2014
My work with the company has been as a video communications technician and video hub manager. I have been with the company for 15 years and they have always treated me fairly and have been an excellent company to work for.
Great Company
Audio Visual SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2014
All Good Would not leave Checking Options Contract is Up