Yorktel

Yorktel Employer Reviews

UK office is a terrible morale sapping place to work.
Helpdesk/Service Delivery Engineer (Former Employee), Basingstoke, ENGJune 29, 2014
Pros: very dedicated technical support team
Cons: not flexible with working hours, poor morale, very poor pay, numerous customer security breaches unreported
Worked at the company for a few years and found that sales staff are treated like gods whereas the rest of the company are treated as numbers rather than people. The company has made many redundancies in the support and admin departments in the last 6 months and its highly likely to be affecting customer service. I cant see there being a UK office within – more... the next year or 2 – less
Great Company
Audio Visual SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2014
All Good Would not leave Checking Options Contract is Up
Managers Are Good
Co Workers Great Easy to get along with
Cutting edge video integration company. They make video simple.
Video Communications Hub Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 1, 2014
My work with the company has been as a video communications technician and video hub manager. I have been with the company for 15 years and they have always treated me fairly and have been an excellent company to work for.
Audio Visual Integrator who cares about their employees
Application Engineer - Audio Visual (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJAugust 25, 2013
Pros: telecommuting embraced, not frowned upon
Cons: a little understaffed
In the audio visual industry, the customer comes first. But to a lot of employers in the industry, this means before the employee's life outside of the office. This is not the case at Yorktel. At Yorktel they know that sometimes family has to take precedence, so they will never shame you when you have to take care of sick child, or deal with troubling – more... issues with a family member or in your personal life. They understand that when an employee can't focus due to troubling times, they'll be a much better employee after the troubling times, if they are given the breathing room and helping hand from the team to deal with those problems. – less
Uneventful cubical work with little chance for advancement
Administrative & Media Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJAugust 31, 2012
- A typical day at work involves sitting at a cubicle all day, scheduling meeting after meeting, while providing customer support for those in need.
- I have learned how to operate different online programs such as MyVRM and Lotus Notes. It has sharpened my customer support skills and my ability to work under pressure when receiving demands from eager – more... customers.
- Management here, from what I have heard, has never been steady. The manager of the company has never held the position for more than 2 years, and our most recent manager just got fired recently. From what I have noticed over my short time, is that this company struggles with direction, and this starts with the lack of leadership from the management team. There is very little managing going on and little direction to new employees like myself. It is pretty much a learn on your own, train on your own atmosphere.
- My co-workers are the best part about the company. Everyone I work with on my side of the company is very friendly, outgoing, and easy to get along with. This is one of the few things that makes this company enjoyable.
- The hardest parts of this job are: driving 40 minutes to work, sitting at a desk for 8-9 hours a day doing something that is the least bit challenging, and knowing that there is little to know room for advancement in the company (especially with the recent "hiring freeze")
- The most enjoyable part of the job would, again, have to be the relationship I share with my co-workers. – less
Great Learning Envoirnment
Managed Services Implementation Manager (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJMay 15, 2012
Working at Yorktel I've learned to apply work / life balance, how to re prioritize and most importantly, exemplary customer service. My co-workers are always willing to assist and that shines through to strengthen my values and work ethic. I enjoy helping my clients and working with them to resolve their inquiries and transitioning them to our hosted – more... solutions. – less
Company has workers with know how knowledge
Tier ll Ops (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAFebruary 10, 2012
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: short or no breaks
This company has a great team of workers that know how to fix anything, however, everyone seems to be overextended in their duties.
Good working environment
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Basingstoke, ENGOctober 1, 2013
Pros: allowed to manage and make decisions.
Cons: long hours
Approachable co-workers and management. Personal study on provided solutions.