YouFit Health Clubs Employee Reviews

Enthusiastic environment with supportive coworkers
Fitness Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 5, 2016
Youfit is a fantastic company to start your career in the fitness industry. As a relatively young company, a fresh employee should expect that everything they learn will likely be modified.
Pros
Great coworkers, relaxed atmosphere, supportive team
Cons
some days long hours
love the members
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  North Port, FLAugust 31, 2016
i scan people and create a good atmosphere i love the members and how they make working there. Management could use some work but for the most part it's great!!
Slow
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 30, 2016
So slow. Long hours during school days. End up leaving at midnight. Couldnt have time to study because i was too tired. Constantly changing managers
Pros
Employees were cool
Cons
Too tired
Great Place to start
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 24, 2016
YouFit is a great place to learn how to prospect clients. While you are figuring out how to speak to gym members, they are helping you fill your books. So you are making money while figuring out how to be successful, where other gyms throw you to the wolves
Pros
Great place to learn the trade
Cons
Lower pay rate, not much growth
Not very good
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 14, 2016
The customers are very kind because they are being offered a reasonable price of membership; however, working here at my location has been a bad experience because the management is VERY deceptive. They will promise many great things but they give enough to keep you around.
Pros
Workable schedule for a full time student
Cons
poor management and poor team morale
Very Poor industry standard. The lowest standards . Poor moral
Trainer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 29, 2016
Management REQUIRES personal trainers to solicit
business from members on the floor during the exercise time. Really bothering people in general. Trainers receive no hourly wage. Although their there countless hours providing many other task. If your lucky to beg and pan handler a client base. One would be lucky to make $12-$15 per hour. That is the upper level. UPPER management could give a flying hoot about any employee
Pros
TRAINERS really do care. Their efforts are extremely high
Cons
Poor structure to introduce client to benefits
Fun and fast-paced atmosphere.
Front Desk Lead/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJuly 22, 2016
Dealing with joyful and sometimes unhappy members.I learned how to maintain our productions for the day and manage our front desk staff. Our management team is outstanding.My co-workers are reliable and very enthusiastic about the people that come in and want to change their lifestyles. I wouldn't really say there is a hard part about my job, what is kind of difficult is dealing with a very irate member that has been charged for a service that they said they had no knowledge about.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I'am helping people physically and emotionally, from the time they walk in to my job, and up until the time they leave out my job.
Critics' Corner
Facilities Maintenance/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2016
Everyday I was treated with an aggressive manner from some coworkers and my manager. For instance, I told my manager my shirt size was a medium, but upon receiving the shirt I wasn't told it was going to be a hand me down shirt instead of a brand new one. So the shirt actually fit more like a small and not a medium and I wore it for a week before I finally said something because it kept feeling uncomfortable to wear especially to keep it tucked in and when I'm telling her about it she said I was a burden and she would have to order a new shirt which would take a lot of time to order and that she was already stressed out with all of the things she has to do. Pretty much she made me feel like I caused the company to get sued or something very serious. From a coworker I remember asking for help with replacing the mats we place underneath urinals and just being ignored and looked at like I was dumb for not knowing where everything was after working only a few days. You know, I had my few instances where I arrived late to work for personal reasons involving my brother borrowing my car without telling me, but the experience I had working here was atrocious. I don't think I should've felt so stressed out over that when it's not something I can prevent. Something I learned was that if the cardio equipment was not cleaned as they want then you'll constantly have an issue with them. Something I didn't understand was how I could grab my manager to see how clean everything is or was when I'm only on the clock for just a few hours and there's never a guarantee she'll be able to look at everything  more... and on top of that everything I cleaned could already begin to get dirty from YouFit members using the machines, which you can't prevent from using any of the cardio machines of course. The job description of what I had to do was correct from the website and I seriously never had an issue with it, but some of the coworkers and the manager I had didn't have a energetic or friendly attitude. From the job there's nothing to learn that you can apply to a new job or say you learned a skill. It's nothing, but the same routine of what you're suppose to do and you have to have a friendly demeanor to everyone even the staff that may not like you for whatever reason. The hardest part of the job was honestly listening to whatever top40 music was playing. The most enjoyable part was throwing away trash or cleaning the bathrooms to get away from the music even if briefly.  less
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No breaks, limited hours, 90 days until pay increase (not guarantee), bad management, terrible job training
this place is an amazing place to work at
RECEPTIONIST/FRONT DESK EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 15, 2016
i enjoy working there every day. its a very friendly environment and a place that you can easily make friends with people at.
great place to make healthy lifestyle choices by the company that you are surrounded by.
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 28, 2016
Awesome staffing. YouFit makes a healthy lifestyle for people affordably. My manager is the best in the field and employees are an awesome team so it makes for an easy work place.
Unprofessional management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAJune 28, 2016
Most unprofessional management I've ever experienced at a job. Awful pay. Expected to work for free. Company rips customers off if they don't pay attention to their account.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
Pay, benefits, unprofessional
Low Cost Membership
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2016
Great place to begin your fitness journey. Low month to month membership rates allows newbies to fitness the ability to get started on their way to better health without breaking the bank.
It's a good place to come workout and meet new people.
Membership Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 14, 2016
Overall, I think that It's an alright place to come work, although management has to be improved. I like to workout here because I can focus all on myself and I never have to wait to use any machine or equipment.
Operations Management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 31, 2016
Enjoyed operating this club. First Club in California.
Brought the community into the club. Created a new team and a more inviting environment.
Pros
Community outreach
Cons
Club in need of closer corporate and regional assistance.
Productive and Friendly
Housekeeping Cleaners (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2016
Very friendly environment to be involved in. Co-workers are very lazy. Manager is about his business and very punctual. Benefits can be more.
Pros
friendly
Cons
short breaks, lazy co-workers
Job experience
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2016
Overall job experience wasn't to bad. Poor compensation. Management did horrible job at training the job. Enjoyed the interaction with gym members.
Productive and fun
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 18, 2016
My typical day at work was selling memberships, organizing the front desk and answering phone calls. I learned how to work with customers, especially if they were unsatisfied, and learned commercial awareness.
good job for high scool student
janitor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2016
i liked working here you don't get raises in my department , but it is still a good job. especially for students. if they would give raises to all departments, it would be top notch.
A great environment to be around, not as crouded but just right to get a workout in and also very roomey inside! Very presentable.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2016
My review over YouFit is awesome! Couldn't be more happy to be around people who are willing to get a shape and make their life much healthier and also greater.
its a oaky place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 21, 2016
I am seeking a company in which I can utilize my transferable skills and education. I’ve dedicated my life to health and fitness. I want to help others achieve their fitness goals and give them the skill sets and knowledge to stay healthy for a lifetime

2.7