YouFit Health Clubs

YouFit Health Clubs Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Front Desk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 2, 2015
Pros: comped gym membership
Cons: poor employee value and high turn over
high pressure sales, tasked with cleaning frequently, long tiring hours when scheduled a night shift because the gym is 24 hours. not very extensive training and was mostly expected to train myself. i felt as if i was not valued as an employee especially from higher management.
maximizing club potential
Front Desk Team leader (Current Employee), pembroke pinesMay 13, 2015
A typical work day at youfit is to uphold the company overall brand to it's highest quality. I have learn a lot from being employed there that has geared me to expand my mind.
good environment awesome employees.
Assistant Manager/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: lack of good equipment
awesome place to work smart hiring and educated personal training department. Great staff willing to learn and role play.
Nice Place to Work
PERSONAL TRAINING DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Bonyton Beach, Boca Raton, Lake WorthApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: Long Hours
In charge of sales and development of personal training program and management of training staff. Making sure that new sales are driven as well as client retention.
Good work environment, but pay is low, and commission is delayed and/or partially based on corporate minimums.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), USAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Youthful Vibe
Cons: Low Pay
A typical workday is filled with tours of the facility and taking care of the existing customer base. Multitasking is a must, especially during the early hours and the later ones, where an employee may many times be alone.

One of the main things you learn on this job is how to handle a variety of people. Most are good folks, but some come at you in a hostile manner, especially when they don't want to abide by a policy (which they had to agree to in the first place to even join the club). Other than that, you learn how to pace yourself with the flow and rhythm of potential members, and how to build awesome rapport. And one thing is for sure: Any shyness brought into the workplace will eventually melt away. The job requires it.

Both the management and co-workers are a pleasure to work with. This is primarily because a younger crowd (early 20s) is usually hired, many who are in college and/or stay at home. As a result, the typical stresses of the adult world are rare. At the same time, immaturity and profanity can sometimes be abundant. But not always. And there are those who seek advise as they pursue a more professional mien.

As for the hardest part of the job, it would most definitely be difficult members. However, this can also be very rewarding, especially when one of their problems are tackled, and you come out triumphant. Moreover, learning about the various member's lives can also be enjoyable, since the gym is a melting pot of diversity and experience.
fun and motivating atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 25, 2015
I liked the job, it was a fun environment. Mostly laid back, a typical day at work was to check in members, sign people up and handle complaints, cancelltions etc
Great place to get your foot in the door in the fitness world
General Manager in Training (Former Employee), Gilbert, ArizonaMarch 2, 2015
Youfit is still a very green company and could use much work. It is a fun place to work and a great way to get your foot in the door into a gym.
gym
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 28, 2015
As part of the front desk staff I had to give the best first impression to be able to greet people and make them feel comfortable, I was also responsible for data entry, updating personal information as well as billing. Also some light cleaning of the front desk area as well as the rest of the facility. For potential members I would have to give them a tour while explaining in depth what our gym is about and why their health is very important. At the end of the tour id pitch them our specials that we have on memberships and hopefully sell them on some personal training as well. I am responsible for training new staff members, along with solving customer problems also help with money and productions.
Good workplace
Front Desk/Sales associate (Current Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Great place for a first time job
The members are great to speak to and easy to get along with
Coworkers are friendly and fun to work with
One difficult part of the job is the many job descriptions required and expected but no big difference in pay for them.
The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and helping them in their fitness journey.
NA
Fitness Director (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 1, 2015
I really don't have much to say about this club other then it's a great concept.
Fun environment to work in with friendly people
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: little to no benefits and small room for advancement
I worked almost full-time while I was an employee at youfit and I enjoyed it for the most part. I learned many valuable skills from this job that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. This was my first job and I will always be grateful for . Management wasn't always the best and was constantly changing. In the one year I spent working there I had four different supervisors. There is nothing too hard about this job. Youfit provided an environment that was easy to learn in and many of the skills required to be successful at this job came naturally to me. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the friendships I built with many of the members and co-workers.
Great for people interested in sales and Personal Training
Front Desk (Former Employee), Boca RatonNovember 22, 2014
Pros: basic sales, and phone inquiry, very hot girls
Cons: no benefits, horrible pay for the amount of work, management are really on top of employees
This company really under pays the employees although there is opportunity for the employee to move up with in the company the pay really sucks anyways there are 3 phases and you most hit the 1st phase with in 90 days of working there, they teach you basic sales, and some how, how to deal with costumers although the memberships may change deals and there hidden fees with each of them it could be complicated at the beginning but you most work to it with the help of other co workers, there benefits if you sale Fitness assessments and other personal training stuff. There many things you do in the job also phone inquiry which is not bad but they test you and managers are always looking at cameras when working alone some they even check every move you do so that could really become uncomfortable, some managers are really stupid on the ways to sale and some are strict on sales anyways that's all they care about . The environment it's very chill when regional managers aren't around, this job could be great for some it could be horrible for others very fast pace some times and you can't even sit if your a front desk unless your in your break also you clean the gym like every 30 minutes which really SUCKS!!... You do some much for so little pay.... they focus on general fitness and how to take more money from the costumers with really stupid services and it doesn't how hard you work still the same pay with perhaps a race of 50 cents maybe once very 3 years
Relaxed yet productive work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Roswell, GANovember 11, 2014
I worked here for about two to three months. The day to day was relaxed yet productive. The manager and assistant manager were absolutely amazing and made the employees feel comfortable. They lead the team and offered ample opportunity for advancement and provided support to do so. Hardest part of the job would be standing all day but even that was not so bad. Most of my co-workers were personable and good to work along side. If there were an problems management handled it quickly and properly.
To sales oriented
Management (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 5, 2014
I worked for this company for a long time. There are a lot of hidden job descriptions they leave out upon hiring you. Things change monthly and are not consistant. The management for most of there locations are people who are to immature for such a position. They only care about selling memberships and not the culture of Fitness of there members. Refunds take months (if your lucky) to get returned to members. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company.
What I have learned
General Manager-in-Training (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: health insurance benefits
Cons: compensation
I have learned throughout my career with Youfit Health Clubs, that I love working with people, listening to what goals they have and are looking to achieve. I have also learned how to manage my time, as well as grow as a manager during my career.
DONT WORK HERE
General Manager (Former Employee), weston , floridaOctober 7, 2014

Terrible company to work for, under paid and overall management lies to there employers
A face pace fun environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Thornton, COSeptember 30, 2014
best group of personalities you'll ever work with
great hours
Fun Work place
Maintenance/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), ArizonaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free gym
Cons: lack of hours, low pay
Great environment to be around, very positive people. Management was horrible with the changing managers every 2 months. No benefits . Job security suck once you start getting raises they try to make you quit.
Youfit
Maintenance Staff member/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free membership, flexible scheduling
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare benefits
My job consist of me overseeing the condition of the gym. I clean the gym daily and fix any machines that need adjusting. The management isn't the best but they are pretty flexible. What I enjoy about my job is being able to interact with others that share the same interest in fitness as I do.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Land O Lakes, FLJuly 8, 2014
Great place to work, friendly customers and staff. Hours are flexible, easy to get promoted.

About YouFit Health Clubs

Youfit is a health club focused on what matters, your health. Reaching your own personal fitness level should revolve around only – Read more

YouFit Health Clubs Salaries