Young's Market Company Employee Reviews

Wish I never left
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CA 92780September 6, 2017
I was young and dumb.I never should have left This is more then a job it is a career. Take care of it and they take care of you. Roll them sleeves up and work your behind off
Pros
everything
Cons
Stable place to work, but lower than average pay
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 30, 2017
Stable place to work, but lower than average pay. Wouldn't match salary to market/industry standard. no salary review. upper management is somewhat of a joke. More about relationship than abilities.
Tough business with great job security through Union
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 21, 2017
Typical example of a job where you get out of it what you put in. The harder you work the more you stand to gain and achieve. Given the competitive nature of the alcohol business and the coming and going of brands between distributors can lead to a peaks and valleys type environment. If you have a strong work ethic and the ability to roll with the punches this would be the right place for you, not for the faint of heart.
Pros
Product training including tastings and kick off events.
Cons
High stress, quota based sales. Lots of fire drills.
Family oriented company that thrives to be the best
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAAugust 14, 2017
My time overall at YMCO was educational, competitive, strive to be the best in the West, as immediate supervisors worked closely with you to obtain objectives & goals both work & personal. I recommend candidates to apply for any position
Pros
People & Product. Great Suppliers
Cons
Upper Management
Family Owned. High values
Vice President/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 12, 2017
Sales driven organization. High values, equality in the work place are top priorities. Tremendous amount of consolidation in the business may be cause for concern for the future
I love working for Youngs Market, everything I have is because of them.
Wine Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 6, 2017
day starts at 8am sometimes earlier, and ends when the job is finished usually around 5pm. this job has taught me to be self reliant and to work independently to get the job done. Being on the road and in my accounts I don't see the work place culture as much, but when I am in the office everyone is professional and very nice. The hardest part of the job, is sometimes having to be in 2 places at once. The most enjoyable part of my job, is seeing my buyers, they are almost family in some regards.
Starter company of mom and pop like
Wine Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2017
The CEO-owner were great and generous people. The staff overall is only less than 10. The environment and the friendliness professionalism were endearing.
good employees but management is lacking
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 25, 2017
Managers arent the hardest working or most supportive but the sales reps are knowledgeable and really good resources for issues that might come up in the field.
Pros
great people
Cons
poor support
Didnt end so well..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 11, 2017
Like every other job the beginning was fantastic, everyone loving and helpful. That was until I got transferred. My new location is actually what forced me into resigning. My ratings were for one particular location. If necessary I'll go into details which led to me resigning. I would return to this job, under different circumstances..
Flexible schedule, friendly professional co-workers
Sales Representative, District Manager. (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJune 17, 2017
I learned a lot working for Young's Market, working in almost every sales channel, and being a district trainer in the Chains Division. management were very interactive and accessible.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Surveys were stressful
Great company to work for.
Cash & Carry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 26, 2017
Team workers, Great work benefits. Meeting really nice co-workers and customers. Good holiday pay & sick time & paid time off. Work incentives for employees.
Outside Sales rep visiting chain accounts such as Safeway and Lucky's
Merchandiser/ Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 19, 2017
Working for a liquor distributor you will not have a typical workday. Certain accounts require more attention than others and deserve that attention according to what they are willing to put in their store. Whether it be a 100 case display of wine or 1 case of high end whiskey. As a sales rep we are in charge of making sure all accounts are happy. Dealing with chain managers and liquor managers on a daily basis making sure I have done everything in my power to represent Young's Market Company in that account. Focusing on certain brands in certain accounts due to their location and their consumer needs. Not only providing them with wine and spirits but an opportunity to increase sales by building displays that create consumers to make an impulse buy. The hardest part of the job is the fact that I am a vendor. Managers do not like to deal with vendors. I start my days at 4:30 am to make sure I am the first vendor the manager speaks to. By the end of the day he or she will be approached and pitched to by 10 other wine and spirit vendors. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I take a step back and look at a store in which 75% of the floor/display space is mine, technically Young's Market products.
Pros
Building relationships with buyers
Cons
The demand to sell at a high volume for over 30 suppliers
Productive & fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 14, 2017
- Sales, managing, customer service
- Knowledge of wine, spirits, mixers & non-alcoholics
- great & fun management
- Great culture
- Giving excellent customer service to those buyers who nag at you
- improving knowledge on products you love
Great place to work. Secure work envirement.
Senior Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
I enjoyed delivering to customers daily & to meet new people everyday. I have had 13 years experience with customers, I have a vast product knowledge to meet the needs of every customer tthat I come across.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
crazy routing, frusterating
Liqour Sales
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 3, 2017
Good company to work for. a lot of freedom to do your job. kind of a good boys club. do your job and go home. early mornings for most entry level positions.
Pros
freedom
Cons
pay
Cool fun job if you don't daily travel.
MERCHANDISING (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 10, 2017
Typical day consisted of showing up to a grocery store, working with employees from other distributors and resetting the wine and liquor shelves. Learned a lot about wines, like the different characteristics of the different types of wine. Most the time the direct managers I worked with were team leaders actually employed by one of the other distributors but didn't have any problems with them. Fun workplace, a lot of joking around while getting the job done. Hardest part of the job was traveling to a new store/location every day. Most enjoyable part of the job was that it was salary and we could usually get the job done in 4 hours or less so rarely had to work 40 or even 30 hours a week.
Great Environment & People
User Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2017
Working in the environment and with the people was great. People, for the most part, were friendly and understanding when working with the IT Department.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Little room for growth
Great place to learn about the beverage industry
Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 28, 2017
Great working with amazing people. Must be able to wear multiple hats in addition to your role. Management organization can be better.
Be able to work long hours to get the job done.
Pros
Some of the most knowledgeable people to learn from.
Cons
Management could use some work.
Not a fun workplce
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 20, 2017
Drivers get no breaks on the routes,very very poor routing and lot's and lots of favoritism.Very very poor management not a fun workplace at all.Unless your related to upper management there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Good pay and benefiets only
Cons
Short brakes if any.Favoritism and poor management
Fun job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2017
Great place to work and place for advancement. Great people fun atmosphere and fun job. Meet new people and build relationships with the buyers. I recommend this job.
Pros
Great
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Young's Market Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8