Young's Market Employee Reviews

quick-paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2017
This as a cashier job, I was standing most of the time, it is a busy market, but I enjoyed working there and keeping myself busy, customer service and ringing up customers,
Fun Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Estill Springs, TN 37330September 10, 2017
I worked for Mr. Young when his regular cashier wasn't able to work and he need help in his everyday operating of his convenient store. I greeted guest with a smile and provided the best customer service that I could. I really enjoyed my job. I had no complaints.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
Fast paced productive work environment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 26, 2017
A wonderful place to work. The company is a multi state liquor and wine sales company that hits all markets. My job was to facilitate the wine and liquor to all markets.
Pros
Ability to work under own hours and supervision
Cons
Lots of traveling
Great job but with limited advancement
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 27, 2017
Love my job and my manager but feel there is no room for advancement which makes me sad because I really enjoy the people I work with. Won Territory Manager of the year back to back years but unfortunately that dose not get you much but a pat on the back and self gratification.
Pros
work at your own pace, work with liquor, built a lot of relationships
Cons
no advancement or hope for advancement
Interesting Job
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2017
Delivery of products along set routes
Learned truck routes, customer service
Management was a good place to work
Hardest part of job was loading and unloading
customers were the most enjoyable
Fun place to work at. Terrible pay for employees
Courtesy Clerk/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 6, 2016
I liked working here at first. They were nice to the employees. They followed the state laws as far as paying employees.

Then when they were taken over by a new owner, that person did nothing but take advantage of the employees. The pay was terrible and he NEVER followed state laws as far as paying the employees goes.
The management was terrible. One would be on your good side while the others made you work your tail off.
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
Breaks, pay, leadership, management
Great Work Life Balance
Assistant Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CAOctober 24, 2016
While the Job is very challenging the work to Life ratio is very good. The company is driven by a quota system so this does add a bit of stress. All in all YMCO is a good company to work for.
Good
Sprints/Hurdles Track Coach (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 18, 2016
Good place to work , low paying job . However good place to work. Great if you like the wine and spirit industry. Great place for sales.
Friendly atmosphare with coworkers and the management.
Senior A/P processer (Former Employee) –  Tustin Foothills, CAApril 27, 2016
I had a wonderful and happy time with the Co. I was friendly with my coworkers and managers. I left the company with my own will because of personal problem.

I never had a problem working in Young's Market Co.
I loved my boss and she was very friendly with me more than others.
I had excellent relation with my coworkers and other workers in other departments.
Pros
Ones in a while the company provides free lunch and holiday feasts
Cons
We have 15 minuites break in the morning and the afternoon, and the company pays for our health insurance.
The work environment is business oriented with a fun attitude about how to do what's best for business.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 26, 2016
A typical work day involved coming in and knowing exactly what to do and when to do it. Priority was key which helped maintain the work load. As the sole data entry clerk for the AP department I was crucial in the processing of the payables. Management was easy to get along with. Whether it was my direct manager or others in the department I had to get information or approvals from, they were always very welcoming and easy going. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job, the work load. There was a constant influx of work to be done.
Pros
Weekly meetings to go over any issues or changes, constant support from management.
Cons
Pressure of being the sole person responsible for the duty of data entry.
Good pay, but not a lot of management recognition, and sometimes the job felt very thankless.
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2016
I have to say that I learned an enormous amount at the company. It was my first time working in this industry as well as in a union environment. Many days were very tricky functioning in that environment. I really had to become skilled in holding employees accountable, creating goals when there had been none, and expecting improved performance when it was often frowned upon. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the alcohol industry, tastings and so forth.
Pros
Access to alcohol occasionally
Cons
Union environment
Great People
Customer Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 5, 2016
Comfortable work environment, goal oriented employee growth, competitive salary, positive people, data resources, a great place to work.
Pros
Holiday Luncheons, Employee Recognition
Excellent Job
Product Handler (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMarch 20, 2016
Even though I was assigned to certain stores and certain Sales Representatives, I enjoyed the displays we made and the education the reps gave me. My supervisor was easy to contact and answered all my questions.
Pros
I was able to meet wine and spirit makers from around the world, had plenty of exercise, learned to make business partnerships
Cons
not able to establish full time work
best paying warehouse job there is
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 12, 2016
work can get hard but its worth it. Overtime is mandatory & theres a lot of it. coworkers always looked out for me as well as managers if you stay on there good side. i learned how to work more efficiently with a team. how to process orders quickly as well & speed up pace on busy days when i need to.
Pros
pay, benefits, overtime, union
Cons
to much overtime
Great Company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMarch 6, 2016
Very employee oriented. Always willing to train you in a new position.
Job security with great benefits that start right away.
Great Money & Benefits, Dangerous & Hostile Management/Leads
cross class warehouse night (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMarch 6, 2016
Hard Work 10-12hr Shifts 4 Nights a week mon-thurs
Easy to learn the process hard to keep up demand sometimes.
union job, great union good guys.
co-workers same most work together "union Brothers" Some start roomers while you exceed.
hardest part of job is working in the Pick Module. Very Fast paced, no room for error.
easier jobs are the dock, floor pick , & bottle picking.
at 1st i loved the job until the company hired new management
in the short time i was there they fired two top supervisors & hired new ones. each person started off Good Until they started breaking safety rules. In my honest opinion Great Company Horrible Supervisors, High Numbers is the GOAL regardless of SAFETY.
Pros
company picnics, discounts
Cons
hostile management
Busy industrial detailing
Sales Representative/Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Waipahu, HIMarch 9, 2015
Very hard working Company dedicated to the cleanliness of Auto Mobiles, Trucks, Moving Equipment, Boats, and Industrial Trucks. Being that this is a Detail Company, and requires washing and scrubbing, it is a weather permitting position.
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Waipio, HIFebruary 16, 2015
Typical day consist of going to different accounts/stores and making sure the product gets stocked on the shelf and coolers. Learned how to be professional and create new relationship with management level workers at the numerous accounts. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in different locations.
Pros
Good pay, overtime
A learning experience
stocker/cashier (Former Employee) –  pinewood,scOctober 14, 2014
tending to customers, how to be more patient, my co-workers were nice, dealing with long lines and impatient customers, getting off wrok...
Thier a decent company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2014
Unfortunately, When I was hired they were slow, and I was only working twice a month, and had no choice but for move on, I purchased my own truck at that point.
Pros
good benefits, and a positive working situation.
Cons
there was simple no work for me there at the time, great company thu.