Young Champions of America

Young Champions of America United States Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Youth Soccer Coach (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2014
worked with great people with similar interests, and I got to spend my weekends playing a game I love and got to share that with kids. It was more work than I realized it would be, but was a great experience.
A very fun and challenging job.
Dance Instructor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: commission off sales
A typical day of work would consist of me coming in 30 minutes to an hour early to set up all my paperwork and inventory tables (i.e. Sign in sheets, Calenders, Merchandise, etc...). I would wait for everyone to come in and sign up for class and directly handle all transactions between myself and the customers. Then, I would go to teach my class and give out my lessons for my students. After, I would either count all the money from the days work and take inventory records of everything, and keep track of attendance. Lastly, I would make routines in my free time for my following classes the next day.

I Learned how to increase my organizational skills, as well as my direct sales and leadership skills,

The hardest part of the job would have to be putting together the routines for my classes with beginner dancers while still following the companies requirements for competitions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all my students progress over the months under my leadership. Also, seeing them win at their competitions.
Fun place to work
Cheerleading coach (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: benefits, not enough hours
Very energetic staff and the environment was always great. There was never a dull moment in the lesson plans and the events were always fun!
Interview was fun and training provided insite, cant wait to actually teach.
Art Teacher (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJune 1, 2013
Pros: work schedual, ability to add more hours/locations to work at, comission sale on equipment, veteran intructor or director assists you on what to do
Cons: potential facility issues
Love the hours, exposes me to what I'm currently studying to be. Though I did not really get to teach the first location assign to me, had facility issues, I still enjoyed getting to know potential clients and students. What is expected of me is not to extraneous, its a little confusing but a veteran instructor of any avail activities this group offers assists you to get the hang on things, or the director personally comes to assist as well.
Lots of fun and great feeling of helping people.
teacher assisstant (Former Employee), Avondale, ArizonaMay 22, 2013
Pros: keep active, fun, works with children
Cons: office was unresposive and bad communication between employees.
It was so nice to work with children and young adults to defend themselves with mix martial arts. My typical day was working in the evening for about 2-5 hours depending on the demand. I learned many self defense moves, and organization skills. The hardest part was communication between the office and the employees. The best part was the physical activity and enjoyment of doing something I love. My co-workers weren't always the best, but the ones that were nice were amazingly supportive. My superiors were distant but y immediate managers were generally great.
Excellent place to work
Cheerleading/ Hip Hop Coach (Current Employee), Independence, MOApril 13, 2013
Pros: work with kids
Although this is a part time job I would not quit this job for anything I am a Cheerleading coach for kids from age 4 and older who are the greatest things on earth. My co-workers are awesome we all love to work with each other and can count on each other when in need of help or advise. I get to teach kids how to dance, have self confidence, and to be who they are. This is another place for where a kid can be a kid.
Enjoyed every minute with this company!
Youth Cheerleading Coach (Current Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: no mirco-management, skill building exercises, competition
Young Champions of American is a cheerleading company.. My hobby/extracuricular activites that i enjoy is cheerleading. Working for this company was more like just having fun. I trained, taught, and exemplified discipline through the art of cheerleading. My teams competed 3-4 times a year. My co-workers were very helpful as well as management to make sure routines, music, and skill levels were met. The harderst part of the job is when a cheerleader left after i grew attachement. The best part of the job is seeing the smile of appreciation on a cheerleaders face once the achieved their goal as a team.
Great place to work as a teacher!
Martial Arts Instructor (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIMay 20, 2012
Pros: very friendly staff
Cons: traveling all around the state
Young Champions is one of the best places for anybody to teach! I enjoy teaching martial arts to younger children because I see what a difference I make! The company treats all of its employees amazingly. This is a great job for anyone if you want to be in control.

As an instructor, you can be in control of what you do and how you would like to do it. I remember growing up under this program and I'm now employed here. If anybody is offered a job through Young Champions, I advise them to take it. You will love working here!

June 26, 2012

When a problem arises, the company does not support their coaches. They do not provide any type of assistance to help your facility or team succeed. It is all about the money. The parents do not get what they pay for in cheer. I have been in the industry as a cheerleader, coach, and national judge for over 15 years. Now, I see and understand why the company has a huge employment turnover. The company lies and misleads everyone, including the children.

Not the ideal company!
Cheer Coach (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 12, 2012
This company requires alot of work for very low pay!! You are in charge of all paperwork as well as dealing with parents, as well as running the classes alone. They do not reimburse for gas. I was not pleased because I received a position that I was not originally hired for.

May 20, 2012

There is only one reason you receive low pay ... that is because you don't have enough students in your class to make it worth your while. You have to try to build your classes up on your own and then after you build them up, you need to keep your students. You have the tools to do this job but the pay depends on whether or not you can keep your students!