Young Harris College Employee Reviews

Good experience
ASSISSTANT COACH (Former Employee) –  Young Harris, GAJune 7, 2017
It was good experience and I appreciate everything they did for me. I learned a loy more about the game than I had known before. I look forward to seeing where the team goes in the future,
Environnent de travail très agréable
Tuteur en français (Current Employee) –  Young Harris, GA, USApril 23, 2017
- Préparer et planifier le contenu des cours à offrir aux étudiants selon le programme étudié
- Soutenir les étudiants dans la compréhension et la réalisation de leurs travaux scolaires
- Faire le suivi du développement du français de chaque étudiant
Productive environment that promotes growth
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Young Harris, GAMarch 24, 2017
Athletic training staff is extremely supportive and promotes individual growth and independence. Allows employers to learn on their own and make grow from mistakes.
Productive Work Environment
Rec Center and Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Young Harris, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Great managers, flexible scheduling, straight forward work, enjoyable work atmosphere, and fun co-workers. There is no hidden surprises, what you see is what you get.
School Assistant
Residents Assistant (Current Employee) –  Young Harris, GAJune 16, 2016
At the end of every school day some of the kids go home on the bus and others have to stay after school till their parents can come and get them. I worked with the second grade and watched about 30 kids with a coworker. We would make sure every child is accounted for and give them a snack to calm them down. Then we spent an hour or so doing homework with them and would tutor them in the more difficult subjects. Trying to keep 30 young children out of trouble is very difficult and presents many problems. I learned to be very patient and have grace under pressure. Even though the children can be rowdy and present many problems, they were the best part of the job.
Pros
Co-workers and hours
Cons
Minimal Breaks
Excellent intern program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, GAJune 3, 2016
My supervisor at Young Harris College was a perfect fit for me to work across departments counseling students, as well as faculty in the Psychological Services Department (including Careers and Accommodations depts.). She gave me the freedom to lead counseling sessions: individually, and group, as well as to present Mental Health Awareness and Prevention through lectures. It was a rewarding experience as well as empowering. I most enjoyed how my supervisor networked with the seasoned faculty members and paved the way for me to meet and work with them to bring about mental health awareness, as well as advocate on behalf of the students.
Pros
A supervisor who always had an open door, as well as letting me "Run with it"
Cons
None - exceptional experience
good
Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Young harrisOctober 16, 2015
Great supervisor, hours are fair, manageable amount of paper work. Many students utilize tutoring system. Supervisor is flexable with hours and workplace is loud
Overall a good place to work
Athletic Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Young Harris, GANovember 16, 2014
I really enjoyed the work I did for Young Harris College, is was rewarding in that, everyone could see and judge the quality of work produced in the athletic facility, quality was very much appreciated.
Pros
free meals during work, great holiday breaks
Cons
Too much friction in the upper management making responsibilities difficult too mange efficiently
Weekend Duty
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Young Harris, GAJuly 29, 2014
Answering phone calls from residents who have concerns/problems. The most enjoyable part was being able to work with students and serving as a mentor among the residents.
Pros
working with students, friendly co-workers
Cons
time consuming
Fun 7-4 job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Young Harris, GAMay 13, 2014
Maintaining cleanliness of student, guest and staff facilities on campus. During the summer months deep cleaning facilities on campus.
Pros
Weekends off, holidays off, friendly staff
Fun Job With Exciting Bosses
Recreation Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  Young Harris, GAMarch 17, 2014
Depending on where the day starts, a worker could be behind a desk greeting members or could be in the fitness center ensuring the safety of the members.Great communication skills are gained. The management is awesome. The chain of command goes from one great boss to great supervisors. The supervisors and other coworkers have a wonderful relationship with the community and one another. The hardest part of this job would have to be sitting with nothing to do for hours at a time during slow days. The most enjoyable part would have to be meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Lunch breaks, Free membership, great bosses
Cons
Sitting with nothing to do somedays
Great Place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Young Harris, GAMay 22, 2013
typical day at work was fun and structured. filing is boring and not glamorous. I learned a lot about data entry. Management was a tight ship. Co-workers and supervisors were very encouraging.
Pros
flexible
best two years of my educational life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Young Harris, GAAugust 23, 2012
Loved the atmosphere.
Loved the classes.
They had apple juice on tap.
Excellent workplace, great coworkers, very relaxed, and high quality
Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Young Harris, GAMarch 14, 2012
Young Harris College is a fantastic place to work. Each team member is treated like an integral piece to the machine. Very excellent relationships can be cultivated by all staff members. very friendly, intellectually and culturaly stimulationg, and exciting workplace
Pros
free meals, oraganized events, flexible hours, very fulfilling.
Cons
none to speak of.