Young Life

Young Life Employer Reviews

helping college students with life decisions and direction
Volunteer, College Life Area Director (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: love working and mentoring students
Cons: raising money for the organization
College Life Area Director, Cal Lutheran University
Connect and build relationships with college students. Plan and organize weekly meetings, speakers, monthly events, and trips. Assist them with their daily lives and mentor the students. Organize and plan twice yearly mission trips to Mexico. Organize and supervise volunteer and skilled workers in – more... all areas of the construction and maintenance activities at Rancho Sordo Mundo. – less
Great place to work.
Area Director (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2014
This was a good place to work. I had to raise money every month in order to meet salary. I think this was the toughest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was working in the high schools with teenagers.
Loved mentoring kids
Urban Area Director (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 24, 2014
Young life was a great experiance for me and my family. I loved working along side of my co workers.
Great Organization
Ministry Director, Dulles South (Current Employee), South Riding, VAApril 20, 2014
This organization does great work for teenagers and gets many volunteers involved.
Awesome company, Awesome volunteer opportunities.
SERVER/BUSSER (Former Employee), Princeton, BCMarch 29, 2014
I love volunteering for Young Life. I've been involved for about 6 years and I plan to be for the rest of my life.
Productive fun environment with young teens.
Office Assistant/Mentor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2014
Pros: field trips
Cons: work hours
Create a lesson plan for the teens
Create Ice Breakers
Time management for the day
The hardest part of the job is getting the teens to relax and settled down from playing sports and running around
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating and telling our life stories to one another creating bonds and relationships.
Fun workplace with great staff nonstop activities
Frontier Ranch Summer Camp Work Crew Staff (Former Employee), Buena Vista, COMarch 17, 2014
This was a summer job and a lot of fun to work. Each day I helped to make sure the camp was running smoothly for the campers. This involved doing different things each day. I set up for events that changed daily, made sure the camp was clean throughout the day, and led as a small group leader with the high school campers. This was a non profit organization – more... and the staff were all very nice people to work with. Since this job required the staff staying overnight in cabins for a month, we all got to know each other very well and worked from the crack of dawn up until late at night. It was an exhausting job but a great and fun experience! – less
Fun and very teamwork based.
Student Staff (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Younglife is a Non-Profit that reaches out to troubled youth. A typical day at work consists of me going to the elementary school i work out of to tutor the youth I work with. I learned communication skills and leadership skills. My co-workers were fun to be around and quite helpful.
Ministry
Leader at San Marcos High School (SMHS) (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXDecember 23, 2013
You gain experience like no other. After walking into a high school were you know absolutely no one and sit down with a random kid to build a friendship, walking into any job or business meeting is a piece of cake.

YoungLife is an incredible organization and I look forward to many more years of service and partnership with them.
grate experiences and very beneficial
Food preparer (Former Employee), Anderson Island,WANovember 11, 2013
Pros: the helpfulness of the leaders
All around a grate experience and helping people connect with god and a grate social environment and surrounded by fantastic friendly people.
This is a wonderful organization to work for.
Area Director (Current Employee), Incline VillageNovember 6, 2013
For the past four years I have worked for Young Life and I could not imagine doing anything better or more rewarding.
Typical day of work: Take care of all administrative duties, spend time with students, plan clubs, train volunteer leaders, recruit volunteer leaders, donor support, donor care, fundraising.
Co-Works: Some of the best people I have ever – more... known.
Hardest Part of Job: Balancing all the different tasks and vision casting.
Most Enjoyable: Spending time with students and seeing them grow in their relationship with Jesus. – less
Christian Outreach Ministry
Coordinator (Former Employee), Culpeper, VASeptember 29, 2013
I loved working in this Ministry as a volunteer as well as a staff member. This is wear my passion is.
Full Time Christian Ministry; Relationally Centered
Staff Associate (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDSeptember 13, 2013
A missionary is called to a specific area, not always where they were presently located or familiar with and not always where they would necessarily choose to go either. For me, I was called to Harford County, Maryland after graduating college in Virginia and having grown up in Howard County, Maryland. This place was foreign ground to me, a place that – more... I had never visited before or ever imagined myself choosing to move to. When being sent as a missionary, however, it is part of your role to make this “new territory” your home by learning the culture, integrating in the community, and building relationships with the people. I learned that the best way to do this is through diving in head first; and that is exactly what I did.
In Harford County, I was sent to do work at Fallston High School and take lead in the area wide Capernaum ministry (which is designed to serve kids ages 13-21 that have mental, physical, and/or emotional handicaps). One place, yet two totally different sets of audiences. This made for a great challenge, having to learn the “language”, values, and needs of each community. Fallston is a middle-class, suburban, and predominately Caucasian high school. Its culture is very much centered on its performance and achievement along with its vibrant school spirit, high involvement, and “proud tradition of excellence”. Fallston is known for their highly competitive athletics and their many other clubs offered. Capernaum offers a range of people from all different walks of life with so many different maturity levels, social capacities, and strength sets. It is always unpredictable, full of energy, and allows people to be themselves. Being in these two opposite communities has stretched me to learn how to love and serve people right where they are and just as they come. It has given me more compassion for people and has opened my eyes to see the need for love and the Gospel in ALL people. Mostly, it has taught me to offer steadfast love and abundant grace that can only come from the Lord. – less
Love God. Love Kids. Love Others.
Volunteer Student Leader, Full-time Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2013
This is the type of job I'd love to do for the rest of my life. About 70% of all my time was spent with high school students. Monthly, we would gather with those in our training class. I wish I could list everything I learned working with Young Life, but that would take too much space and time. In my first year on full-time staff, there was not a single – more... month when I did not travel some place different. The hardest part of my job was not being properly trained in all areas; so, I was not completely ready for each trial I faced. I had to make some things up as I went along which led to my making mistakes and wrong decisions; but, no fault or blame to anyone other than myself. There were quite a few enjoyable parts of this job... our regional gatherings for worship, our annual Solitude Retreat, semi-annual Camp trips with my students and seeing them grow closer to Christ. – less
Great people serving the Lord and hanging out with kids
Volunteer Leader (Former Employee), Las Cruces, New MexicoAugust 27, 2013
This particular volunteer spot is my favorite, and is actually one of the reasons that I stopped playing baseball and transferred to NMSU. I love the people and I love the cause. Young life saved my life and I'm looking to have the same impact on other people's lives.
Great opportunity to make an impact on today's youth.
Volunteer Interim Area Director (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJuly 17, 2013
A great christian organization that has an excellent support system and training for its employees. You are supported and challenged to grow. People are at the heart of the organization.
Love volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 23, 2013
I love to volunteer with kids i like to help out in any way i can im always looking to help out wether is in camps or sunday church!
Amazing Non-profit
Area Administrator (Former Employee), Snellville, GAApril 28, 2013
Young Life is an amazing non-profit to work for. They have a passion for mentoring middle school and high school age students. The company culture is one of respect and integrity.
Awesome organization to be a part of
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 18, 2013
I absolutely love working for Young Life. Very rewarding. I quickly feel in love with the people I work with and the purpose of the organization. The hardest part is leaving.
Vision Driven
Area Director (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNMarch 9, 2013
An excellent vision driven organization with talented people who have a deep drive to see transformation happen in students lives.