Young Life Employee Reviews in United States

One of the best places to work!
Area Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2016
This place was easily one of the best jobs I've ever had! I loved my time working at the Boys and Girls Club! If I didn't love my current job, I would definitely go back to work with the BGC
Extremely talented and inspired culture
Area Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 30, 2016
There is no such thing as a "typical day" on Young Life staff. Employees at the Area Level tiers wear MANY hats and are often responsible for carrying out everything from local & personal fundraising, to budget/ P&L management, to trip & event planning and project management, to strategic growth planning, to volunteer recruitment, training, and supervision, to community networking & marketing, to program entertainment, to direct ministry (and all of the joys and hardships which come with mentoring today's youth), to Bible teaching and discipleship, etc.
Young Life has continued to improve their employee recruiting and training efforts which in turn continues to produce incredibly versatile, personal, and passionate leaders.
Pros
Very rewarding, schedule flexibility, never a dull day, generous benefits
Cons
Lack of structure, little opportunity for upward advancement, low salary
Flexible, amazing, and purpose-driven work environment
Student Staff (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAMarch 9, 2016
I did most of my work on days when I did not have class. That usually involved planning events and communicating with volunteers, parents, kids, and others. I frequently had to strategize ways to meet new people and be a better, more accessible mentor to them and volunteers.

Both of my bosses were highly influential in my personal development on many levels. They were encouraging in success and failure, but honest when they saw areas that needed improvement.

The hardest part of the job was consistently getting kids and volunteers to show up.
Great people working to impact the lives of adolescents one life at a time.
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 9, 2016
There is no typical day in the life of a Young Life Area Director, from clubs, to school visits, to interactions with community leaders. I've learned how to lead people, delegate task and train volunteers and staff.
Ministry at its finest
Interim Urban Area Director/Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Ministry at its finest, impactful and forward moving. excellent training and career opportunities and community oriented. Donor relations a must, youth minded daily. An opportunity of a lifetime to work for the King of Kings in advancement of his kingdom.
Pros
life long relationships
Cons
securing donors
Fun
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Black Mtn, NCDecember 15, 2015
I enjoyed hanging out with high school girls. When you become a young life leader you say no to a lot of things but yes to being present in girls lives.
Great way of spreading the word of God through youths
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 2, 2015
Young Life is for everyone who wants to get the most out of life. Whether you are in middle school, high school or college; whatever your interests or abilities; no matter who you hang out with. Great way to spread the word of God.
Pros
Very uplifting industry
Incredible Ministry
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 2, 2015
Young Life is the best group I have ever been a part of. The relational ministry is so intentional and everything is done with a purpose.
Pros
travel, benefits, relationships
Cons
tough schedule with a family
Satisfying exciting work environment
Staff Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2015
40+ hour work week.
Co-workers love to get together
Great management Area, Metro, Associate Regional, Regional.
Hardest part, hard to turn off the stories of those you are reaching.
Seeing someone get it.
Pros
Staff support, Retreats, Job Satisfaction
Cons
Lower pay
Christ-centered, positive, and I believed in their mission statement. I enjoyed working with the diversity of employees.
Income Processor II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 13, 2015
I spend a majority of time in a phone queue. I also fix accounting errors in the file sent to me every day. I learned how to be efficient and professional with my work. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking and helping others within the organization.
Great job!
Associate Area Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 11, 2015
Loved everything about the work that we did in the community. I had a great time getting to know staff and building relationships in the community.
Excellent company with a fulfilling mission
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Howard County, MDSeptember 9, 2015
Great ministry to work and volunteer for, pushes individuals to become their best selves, would recommend to qualified individuals who want the most out of their work experience
Awesome organization to help youth find Jesus
Staff Associate II (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 16, 2015
I enjoy every day working with students, leaders, mentors, committee members and those who like to give back to their community.
Reach at-risk youth from troubled homes
Youth Ministry Leader (Current Employee) –  Conway ARJune 26, 2015
Our goal is to outreach into the Conway community to find troubled kids from broken homes who need to be shown love, and to legimately care about them and their well being and share with them the good news if/when opportunities to arise.
Teaching young children how to be more productive.
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 11, 2015
A typical day at young life is Usually about 2 hours of homework time if the children work productively on their homework. After they are finished they get free time to play different activities such as board games,billiards,flag football, and soccer. Every coworker is friendly and give good examples of how to get the job done properly,
Pros
Learning how to work with young children and adults.
Cons
Short hours
I grew exponentially during my time with Young Life/
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 27, 2015
I was very young when I started out with Young Life. I feel that being a part of this organization girded me with a deep wealth of fundamental and foundational tools to set me up for success as a professional in any field.
Pros
The organization felt like a first and second family
Cons
Salaries were not always secure because they are donor based
Exciting and upbeat environment to stimulate relationships and growth
College Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 21, 2015
Being a Young Life college leader comes with a lot of different responsibilities. The first one is meeting up with fellow leaders to plan and implement goals for the year as well as ways to achieve these goals. Some of the ways in which this happens is through club and bible studies. Club is a comfortable environment where people are welcome to bring their friends to enjoy a night of fun, games, and a lesson. Bible studies are more personal and a place to get deeper in relationship with others. Working with Young Life has given me a large amount of experience working with and developing relationships with others, overcoming challenges, and working towards goals with people who have the same passion.
Great place to work.
Chef I (Former Employee) –  Ocklawaha, FLApril 20, 2015
Great place to work. I feel like I make a difference in kids lives every day by coming in to work. Great friendly atmosphere.
Fun and flexible job
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 11, 2015
Very fluid schedule but very dynamic job responsibilities. You are always working but at the same time you get to set your own schedule.
Pros
freedom
Cons
always on the clock
Productive out going and fun environment
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 6, 2015
Every day is different because I deal with elementary school kids an they all have different personalities. The hardest part of my job is getting the kids to comprehend. And the most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm able to put a smile on someone's face, being a positive role model for the youth and just making a difference in someone's life.

4.7