Young Life

Young Life Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Chef I (Former Employee), Ocklawaha, FLApril 20, 2015
Great place to work. I feel like I make a difference in kids lives every day by coming in to work. Great friendly atmosphere.
Fun and flexible job
Area Director (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: always on the clock
Very fluid schedule but very dynamic job responsibilities. You are always working but at the same time you get to set your own schedule.
Productive out going and fun environment
Program Leader (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 6, 2015
Every day is different because I deal with elementary school kids an they all have different personalities. The hardest part of my job is getting the kids to comprehend. And the most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm able to put a smile on someone's face, being a positive role model for the youth and just making a difference in someone's life.
Productive and Very Fun
Mentor (Former Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 11, 2015
During my time at Young Life, it was a very fun and happy time for me. I got to volunteer and meet the most amazing people all over the U.S. I would go to a high school and recruit teens to come to what we call outings, in which we help teens develop a relationship with Jesus Christ. We also go to camp all over the states and meet other people from different states. I also got to raise money for charity, sing to the sick, develop relationships with teens, and so much more. Eventually I will go back to being a Young Life mentor. It is my calling and I am the most happiest when doing so.
VOLUNTEER OPPURTUNITY
Volunteer and Community Service (Current Employee), Christiansburg, VAJanuary 14, 2015
I HAVE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED LEARNING AND VOLUNTEERING AS A YOUNG LIFE LEADER. I HAVE LEARNED RESPONSIBILITY, TIME MANAGEMENT AND DISCIPLINE. IT HAS BEEN A VERY REWARDING EXPERIENCE. WHILE THERE IS NO MONETARY COMPENSATION, THE BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING WITH YOUNG LIFE ARE IMMEASURABLE.
Hard Work Fun Rewarding and Good Learning Experience
Intern Student (Current Employee), Brevard, NCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch great people and beautiful work place.
Cons: not much time off from january - may
Ever morning we meet at 8:00 a.m. we go over what projects we need to work on that day and things that we need to get to as a staff. Then we go to our project and work on what ever it may be. Like for example taking a bunk bed parts sanding them down painting them and assembling. I have learned many things being hear carpentry field but mainly landscape. I learned much about maintain a property and facilities. Management is amazing some of the greatest people I have ever met very relational. They always made sure projects were done the right way and made sure that everything was running smoothly. My Co-workers were all great hard works and we made a point of getting things done well and enjoying what we do.Some days the Job seems like there is so much going on that it seems like we will never finish our projects because there is so much to get done and it can be over whelming on the mind. Best part is the people I work with they are very personal and want to know you at you level of intimacy.
Amazing place to be
Year Long Intern (Former Employee), Ocklawaha, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: amazing people, you make a difference, almost every day is enjoyable
Cons: fundraising- it is very difficult, not everyone is capable of the stress it inflicts and the time that it consumes.
Young Life is an incredible place to work for. You meet wonderful people, great friends, and you truly make a difference. Your leaders are normally very adept and kindhearted, and those you work alongside are typically nothing less. The job is focused around befriending kids in school and helping to guide them through the most difficult steps and years in their lives. The only part of the job that I did not like was needing to fund raise; fund raising is stressful, it is difficult, and it requires a considerable amount of time.
Mentor
Urban Young Life Leader (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2014
A typical day as a Young Life Leader is hanging and spending time with my mentee. We may go the movies, grab a bite to eat, attend church together, apply for college applications, or search for job applications. The point is to build a relationship in hopes of earning the right to be heard in their life to help with them with life skills.
helping college students with life decisions and direction
Volunteer, College Life Area Director (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: love working and mentoring students
Cons: raising money for the organization
College Life Area Director, Cal Lutheran University
Connect and build relationships with college students. Plan and organize weekly meetings, speakers, monthly events, and trips. Assist them with their daily lives and mentor the students. Organize and plan twice yearly mission trips to Mexico. Organize and supervise volunteer and skilled workers in all areas of the construction and maintenance activities at Rancho Sordo Mundo.
Great place to work.
Area Director (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2014
This was a good place to work. I had to raise money every month in order to meet salary. I think this was the toughest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was working in the high schools with teenagers.
Loved mentoring kids
Urban Area Director (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 24, 2014
Young life was a great experiance for me and my family. I loved working along side of my co workers.
Great Organization
Ministry Director, Dulles South (Current Employee), South Riding, VAApril 20, 2014
This organization does great work for teenagers and gets many volunteers involved.
Awesome company, Awesome volunteer opportunities.
SERVER/BUSSER (Former Employee), Princeton, BCMarch 29, 2014
I love volunteering for Young Life. I've been involved for about 6 years and I plan to be for the rest of my life.
Productive fun environment with young teens.
Office Assistant/Mentor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2014
Pros: field trips
Cons: work hours
Create a lesson plan for the teens
Create Ice Breakers
Time management for the day
The hardest part of the job is getting the teens to relax and settled down from playing sports and running around
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating and telling our life stories to one another creating bonds and relationships.
Fun workplace with great staff nonstop activities
Frontier Ranch Summer Camp Work Crew Staff (Former Employee), Buena Vista, COMarch 17, 2014
This was a summer job and a lot of fun to work. Each day I helped to make sure the camp was running smoothly for the campers. This involved doing different things each day. I set up for events that changed daily, made sure the camp was clean throughout the day, and led as a small group leader with the high school campers. This was a non profit organization and the staff were all very nice people to work with. Since this job required the staff staying overnight in cabins for a month, we all got to know each other very well and worked from the crack of dawn up until late at night. It was an exhausting job but a great and fun experience!
Fun and very teamwork based.
Student Staff (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Younglife is a Non-Profit that reaches out to troubled youth. A typical day at work consists of me going to the elementary school i work out of to tutor the youth I work with. I learned communication skills and leadership skills. My co-workers were fun to be around and quite helpful.
Ministry
Leader at San Marcos High School (SMHS) (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXDecember 23, 2013
You gain experience like no other. After walking into a high school were you know absolutely no one and sit down with a random kid to build a friendship, walking into any job or business meeting is a piece of cake.

YoungLife is an incredible organization and I look forward to many more years of service and partnership with them.
grate experiences and very beneficial
Food preparer (Former Employee), Anderson Island,WANovember 11, 2013
Pros: the helpfulness of the leaders
All around a grate experience and helping people connect with god and a grate social environment and surrounded by fantastic friendly people.
This is a wonderful organization to work for.
Area Director (Current Employee), Incline VillageNovember 6, 2013
For the past four years I have worked for Young Life and I could not imagine doing anything better or more rewarding.
Typical day of work: Take care of all administrative duties, spend time with students, plan clubs, train volunteer leaders, recruit volunteer leaders, donor support, donor care, fundraising.
Co-Works: Some of the best people I have ever known.
Hardest Part of Job: Balancing all the different tasks and vision casting.
Most Enjoyable: Spending time with students and seeing them grow in their relationship with Jesus.
Christian Outreach Ministry
Coordinator (Former Employee), Culpeper, VASeptember 29, 2013
I loved working in this Ministry as a volunteer as well as a staff member. This is wear my passion is.

1 2 3