Young Life Employee Reviews

Absolutely wonderful
Volunteer Leader (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 21, 2016
I absolutely love it. Even though I do not receive monetary compensation for being a leader, I feel like I compensate in every other aspect. I have the ability to mentor kids and teach them how to live a life according to what The Bible says, and I also compensate in that it shows me how to be a better man. The management is wonderful and very relaxed and I would have to say that the hardest part about my job as a volunteer is getting out there and trying to get new kids to come to Young Life.
Pros
Spending time with kids and growing spiritually.
Cons
Extremely talented and inspired culture
Area Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 30, 2016
There is no such thing as a "typical day" on Young Life staff. Employees at the Area Level tiers wear MANY hats and are often responsible for carrying out everything from local & personal fundraising, to budget/ P&L management, to trip & event planning and project management, to strategic growth planning, to volunteer recruitment, training, and supervision, to community networking & marketing, to program entertainment, to direct ministry (and all of the joys and hardships which come with mentoring today's youth), to Bible teaching and discipleship, etc.
Young Life has continued to improve their employee recruiting and training efforts which in turn continues to produce incredibly versatile, personal, and passionate leaders.
Pros
Very rewarding, schedule flexibility, never a dull day, generous benefits
Cons
Lack of structure, little opportunity for upward advancement, low salary
A place to exchange growth journeys.
Cashier, Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day at work was fun, but always productive. I learned through mentoring young adults that there was much internal work I needed to work on, as well. The management was fair, and sharing of the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting to the youth, and seeing their growth.
Great working enviornment with a supportive community.
Camp retail intern (Former Employee) –  Saranac Lake, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Working enviornment was uplifting to work in, encouraging and easy to learn from. Everyone's attitudes were supportive and genuine. A strong work ethic was expected along with a culture of community.
fun workplace with a great outreach mission
Student Staff (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day looks like planning and organizing events for the Young Life community in Augusta, GA. As well as providing relationship building opportunities for the Staff and body of volunteer leaders. As a staff we also manage the communication between the Young Life Committee and Staff members with regard to events and fundraising. I have learned extensive team work skills as well as administrative abilities.
Pros
fulfilling outreach ministry work
Cons
ministry demands and interaction between personal and professional life
Mentoring and sharing life with high school friends.
Student Staff (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoy working for Young Life because it allows me the opportunity to give back to teenagers and use my story to help them make better decisions. I also love the leadership opportunities that are allotted to us through Young Life.
Pros
my co-workers, the work community, flexibility, training opportunity
Excellent Organization
Volunteer Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 28, 2016
From the top down this organization is first class. The focus is about loving people well and supporting any and all kids. The work was unpredictable, but the people and nature of the work made everything beyond worth it. One of the greatest decisions of my life was to become a Young Life Leader.
Relational and growing ministry
Student Staff (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INJanuary 23, 2017
Loved working here. I had a great Area Director who trained me well. I grew spiritually. I learned how to work in the workforce. I believe this ministry and job opportunity developed me into the work professional that I am today.
Pros
relationships
The people and what there about
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80903December 6, 2016
The people were just amazing, especially the leaders. I like that they are a group for teenagers to get closer to God and you don't even have to believe to join young life, no one judges, people really like you for who you are. They are your second family.
Pros
Meet new people, get closer to God, hang with people, have fun
Amazing organization.
Utah Capernaum Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2017
Worked for them for 4 years. Every region is a bit different but in general amazing people who live Jesus. Yu have to love building teams of adults and fundraising. If all you want is to work with kids stay a volunteer.
Fun and enriching workplace
Volunteer Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 9, 2017
Job has flexible hours and incredible leadership opportunities. If you're looking for a workplace with people who want to do ministry in places where others are afraid to go, look no further!
Great Organization
Chef 1 (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Nation wide this is a great organization. My area of work was very under staffed and over worked. That was the hardest part, the work kept pilling up and there wasn't enough people to share the load.
I love Young Life
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 11, 2016
Being a volunteer Young Life leader had brought so many wonderful people into my life. We get to hang out with High Schoolers and be their mentor, I do not get paid but the compensation is something money can't buy.
An incredible work enviroment
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Goshen, VASeptember 15, 2016
With each devision there are complex intricacies to the role that each person plays in the organization. However the over aching theme amongst all employees and volunteers is a larger sense of community and mission. This community helps to drive each staff member closer to the goal of spreading the gospel as well as a great support network.
Productive and fun
Member (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2016
While this is not a paid job, i learned a lot about leaderships skills. The small groups we were organized in helped us obtain meaningful relationships with one another.
Non profit ministry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MODecember 10, 2016
Young Life is a great organization. It's fun ministering and building into the lives of high school teens. The interns and staff are passionate about their work.
A fun work environment that builds character.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2016
Young Life is a great organization that builds character and really cares about the people involved. The goal is to create an amazing environment that promotes personal growth.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
no cons
Very Flexible
Part Time Student Staff (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2016
Young Life is great. There are a multitude of good people who are volunteers or actually paid workers who love what they do. Throughout the week I am hanging out with kids, going to Young Life clubs, going to bible study, and monthly meetings. The hardest part of the job is just trying to get my weekly hours. The way my school schedule is set up it makes it hard to hang out with kids as often as I would like to. the most enjoyable part is the people I work with. My boss is great. He is really understanding.
Pros
flexible, great environment, loving coworkers
Cons
no cons
Amazing place to be
Year Long Intern (Former Employee) –  Ocklawaha, FLDecember 4, 2014
Young Life is an incredible place to work for. You meet wonderful people, great friends, and you truly make a difference. Your leaders are normally very adept and kindhearted, and those you work alongside are typically nothing less. The job is focused around befriending kids in school and helping to guide them through the most difficult steps and years in their lives. The only part of the job that I did not like was needing to fund raise; fund raising is stressful, it is difficult, and it requires a considerable amount of time.
Pros
Amazing people, you make a difference, almost every day is enjoyable
Cons
Fundraising- it is very difficult, not everyone is capable of the stress it inflicts and the time that it consumes.
Productive and Very Fun
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 11, 2015
During my time at Young Life, it was a very fun and happy time for me. I got to volunteer and meet the most amazing people all over the U.S. I would go to a high school and recruit teens to come to what we call outings, in which we help teens develop a relationship with Jesus Christ. We also go to camp all over the states and meet other people from different states. I also got to raise money for charity, sing to the sick, develop relationships with teens, and so much more. Eventually I will go back to being a Young Life mentor. It is my calling and I am the most happiest when doing so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Young Life. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7