Young Life Employee Reviews

Young Life is a great organization with even greater people.
Leader/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 24, 2017
Everything that I have done with Young Life has been family oriented, leadership oriented, and community oriented. I have nothing but the best things to say about Young Life.
Great environment and people
Young Life Capernaum Volunteer Leader (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 22, 2017
YoungLife Capernaum is an incredible opporunity for people to dig deeper into their faith with god, while also passing that knowledge on to high school students with disabilities.
Great!
Leader (Current Employee) –  Mason, MINovember 10, 2017
This is a great environment to work in. You create a lot of friends, and everyone is so respectful and all get along very well. i would totally recommend this as a career.
Pros
friends
Cons
low pay
Patience is Key
Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 4, 2017
It is rewarding to volunteer for an organization whose goal is to reach out to disconnected teenagers. There is a lot of patience required as well as commitment.
Great for those who want to actively serve a community
Volunteer Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2017
I went to Young Life all through high school and spent the next 3 years as a volunteer leader while going through college. It was great to be able to give back to the community and serve with the group that served me well.
Pros
Service, community, and Jesus
Cons
You spend a lot of your own money, but it's worth it
Great Place to Work
Staff Associate (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Your heart has to be in it but if it is, its rewarding. Its not easy because you are dealing with teenagers that don't always want to listen or respect you but the few that get it and get to know Jesus make every bit of effort and stress worth it.
Normal place to work
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2017
This is a normal place to work. Because they work with freelancers, their expectations are a bit warped. They also believe in quantity of quality. If you care about the quality of design, stay away.
Pros
Lots of works needed
Cons
Ridiculously tight deadlines, often asks for free work.
Great Place to Volunteer, cannot speak for full time
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2017
I had an incredible experience leading during college. I'm sure Young Life is a great place to work full time, but I wouldn't know that for sure. It's a great organization.
good place to work
Young Life Team Leader (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2017
great place to work. worked here for four years. Thankful for my time here. great experience. the community was really solid. did a great job building me up.
Productive and fun work place
Leader/Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2017
Young Life was a great organization to be apart of I really thought I would be apart of it for so many more years but the manager over me had a personal problem with me having children.
Fun work out place
Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2017
Was a great place to work workout and teach kids .all my kids the love the environment. As well as the parents never had a problem with any games all game started on time and everything was just wonderful
Pros
Free lunches
Great Place to Work
City Director (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 1, 2017
I loved my time in Young Life. The organization is great and the experience you gain is unmatched. It can get difficult to balance work and life since they are so interconnected in this job but with help from leadership you can grow.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Great work environment
Cons
Low pay, long hours, little room to advance
Youglife
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80903July 31, 2017
I loved volunteering at young life. they treated you like family and the experience of helping others helped me in many different ways, i would go back there and volunteer for them again in a heart beat. they treated you with such care and we would always have fun no matter what we did or were we would go to volunteer at. Young life changed not only my perspective of the world; it changed my life.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly people, good to work with, always had fun, got the job done, made an excellent honest impression on other people.
Young Life Does Not Pay
Leader/ Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2017
Young Life is not a career or a place of work. It does not pay. It is simply volunteer work. You volunteer your own personal finances, time, and freedom to poor into the youth. It offers great team building exercises and offers great tips and advice in dealing with troubled youth. It is also a Christian organization.
Loved it!
Member/Freshman Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
Working with YoungLife was amazing. It is something I'm never going to forget. Its a great organization and everyone that works there is very kind and professional and it is such a fun environment.
Positive, employee centered organization
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 13, 2017
In this position, I learned how to be more independent and how to be a self-starter. I learned how to work closely with a wide variety of different stakeholders, and learned how to do community outreach,.
Provides incredible community with coworkers.
Volunteer - Intern/Student Staff (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 11, 2017
Every day looks different. I loved working in a culture that is constantly uplifting. Young Life is a 24/7 commitment because it is very relational. It sometimes became difficult to balance school and responsibilities within my job. There was a lot of self-sacrifice because I was not able to live a "normal" college life style. I would have not changed a thing, and I would recommend any college kid to do exactly what I did.
Pros
Relationships formed
Cons
Relying on other volunteers you work with
fun - low money
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJuly 7, 2017
Young Life is fun for all the reasons it's fun when you "meet" Young Life as a high schooler. However, experience for staff will always be mixed because there aren't consistent values instilled on leadership. People in leadership become beholden to where money comes from so area staff aren't consistently treated well.
International Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2017
Young Life is a great place to work at. They provide fun work environment with lot of wonderful people to work with. Leadership is fun but also keeps you accountable for your job. It has a great purpose which makes working there even more desirable. Their benefits are amazing.
Fun people, great mission
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 14, 2017
It was 25 years ago that I worked for Young life, but I have stayed connected with the ministry and have always loved the mission and the passion of the people for telling students about the love of Jesus.