Young Living Essential Oils Employee Reviews in United States

Employment with Young Living Essential Oils
Floor Support/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 16, 2016
At Young Living My job was to take inbound calls from other representatives on the call floor. My position was important because if any of the reps had any questions of how to do a process I would walk them through the account, as well I would be the person to grant or deny exceptions make for the customer’s, process customer’s refunds and credits, as well as handle/answer all of the escalated customers and managed their situations as needed.
High paced, fun and animated work environment
Warehouse/Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTMay 23, 2016
This job was super fun. Everyday we had a new quota of orders to ship out, and it was always so much fun trying to meet that. Everyone was very aware of their contribution and felt that they were necessary to the job getting completed. We had awesome managers that knew how to inspire us and loved to teach us new things.
Pros
Discount on product, good co-workers
Cons
Temporary, no benefits, swing shift
Great additional source of income
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 18, 2016
You can set your own hours. I truly enjoyed meeting new people and educating friends and strangers about Essential Oils.
Great relationships
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXMay 8, 2016
This job is more about building relationships than it is selling. Although sales are involved, the personal growth and knowledge of health and wellness is more valuable.
Extremely fast growing company with lots of room to advance.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lehi UtApril 18, 2016
This was a great company to work for. They truly cared about their employees and members. I made a lot of good friends and I was able to get 3 promotions in 3 years.
Pros
Good pay, fun people to work with, great benifits.
Cons
Unorganized management, sitting at all hours of position, small problems never getting fixed.
Horrible place to work
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mona, UTApril 2, 2016
This place has horrible managers who make you work 7 days a week 18 hour days than turn around and backstab you and write you up.
Pros
Love the products
Cons
Low pay, horrible managers
The company owners are great people
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 15, 2016
Overall I liked the company, the management played favorites however but I did enjoy the company, I had to take a leave of absence due to needing surgery and decided to look elsewhere instead of going back.
Lucrative and Flexible Hours
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJanuary 13, 2016
The people you will be working with,from the owner of the company down are very professional and treat everyone like family. If you have questions are concerns they are dealt with promptly and effectively.
Pros
make your own schedule, very flexible
Cons
Have to be structured to work on your own and profit from all the knowledge the company provides
Productive workplace with sufficient break rooms.
Australian Market Agent (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 29, 2015
Typical day at work would include but not be limited to answering emails, providing customer support with three customers at once on live chat, and supporting the phone lines for the Australian market.

I learned to adapt to the changing environment and needs of the company, during the Australian markets transition from Brisbane to Sydney. Found a rhythm between providing answers to customers questions on live chat with three customers at a time.

Management was always prompt, ready, willing and able to provide any answers to questions and inquires to specific situations that would arise with customers on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job would be adapting to Australian culture, learning their phrases, slang and greetings. There was a definite culture shock at the beginning.

The most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing the passion, drive and joy people had for the products that the company would provide to their members.
Pros
Free lunch/snacks each Tuesday and Thursday.
Cons
Miscommunication between employees and staff.
Never again
Member Services Canada Level 2 Agent (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 9, 2015
Management is horrible.

No flexibility on schedule changes.

No sick days.

Understaffed.

This company sets you up to fail. Many people didn't receive their Christmas bonuses this year due to management making a last minute policy change that nobody was notified about.

The best part of the job were the people I worked with directly.
Pros
Free and discounted product, great benefits
Cons
No communication whatsoever, miscommunication, no flexibility
young Living
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 8, 2015
Good products.

Management is disorganized and has a lot of miscommunication.

The hardest part of the job is staying positive because management creates a lot of unnecessary problems.

they are not flexible/ not willing to work with your schedule.
Pros
free product
Cons
No sick days, use your pto for missed days, hard to follow attendance policy
ok pay bad environment
Member Services - full time (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 6, 2015
I would not work there again but it was a good job while it lasted. I was able to gain self confidence to get a better job. It just was a "highschool" like feel there
Learning about the power of nature.
Business Owner - Health and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2015
In a typical day I will: Research the many uses of an oil and produce and informational slide that I can send out to my team, Check my website for any communications that need to be answered, Collect usable photos for use in a Pinterest post, and call potential customers.
The hardest part of my day staying on only one task at a time. I really enjoy it when someone takes a chance and discovers the oils work really well!
Great Company
Marketing Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 19, 2015
The corporate lifestyle has never been more exciting than it is at Young Living. Sometimes the excitement is a good thing, and sometimes it is not. Days are never dull, especially in the marketing department, where constant campaigns, last minute promises and deadlines, and new product launches are happening all the time.

The company is great, though, with a heavy emphasis on healthy living and wellness. The product is fun and easy to market, and the co-workers could not be better. Young Living tries to keep their employees educated with the product and offers the opportunity to move within the company often.
Pros
Free product, flexible schedule, decent benefits
Cons
Last minute deadlines, poor strategy and planning, compensation structure
Upbeat and personable work atmosphere
Customer Service/Call Review and Coaching (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 9, 2015
Young living is a great place to work with great benefits. The supervisors are great and the products are amazing the only reason i need a new job is the advancement opportunities there are below par. It was also a far drive for me.
Good place to work however Mangement SUCKS
Member Services Representive (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 27, 2015
A typical day at young living was answering phones and waiting for phone calls. I learned that you can only try as hard as you can to make people happy, so people will not budge, people want thier problems fixed ASAP. The management at young living was very Biased i feel. It was all in who you knew and if they liked you or not if you would keep your job. I had false infomation spread about me by a manager which resulted in me losing my job for things i did not do. Mangement is Awful in customer service, you pretty much get treated like thier slave. If you dont do exactly what they want the way that they want it at the time they want it you will get written up.

I loved my co-workers, i have met some life long friends at young living.
Pros
Great Benfits, free products
Cons
Short Breaks, Management
Productive and Fun
Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UtahAugust 21, 2015
Loved working here! It was very fun. The benefits were great! I loved the people. Working here was a different pace from my last job. It was very fun
Exciting place to work, always something new to learn or do.
Sales Representative and Individual Distributor (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 5, 2015
My job varied from sales, to shipping, to handling the register, to folding the textiles for shipping. It was always nice to meet with the customers.The owners were pleasant people to work for.
Cons
No healthcare
Bad managment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJune 28, 2015
not fun to work with. they aren't willing to listen and the training sucks. didn't have a good experience at all. the actual job isn't hard, you package oil, help run the machine and all that, its just he people who are hard to get along with.
Great co-workers and products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 1, 2015
I got to work with a lot of great people with good attitudes which is always nice.

It can however be taxing to have problems arise for the members contacting us and not be able to provide a good solution.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, products
Cons
Long wait times, understaffed, upset members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Young Living Essential Oils. Our community is ready to answer.

Young Living Essential Oils Reviews by Location