Young Living Essential Oils

Young Living Essential Oils United States Employee Reviews

I love Young Living!
Phone Customer Service (Former Employee), Lehi, UtahMarch 6, 2015
A typical day at work would be very productive. I learned customer service skills, and much more. Management was amazing and always worked with me. My coworkers were a blast and made me even more excited about going to work everyday. The hardest part would be that sometimes I didn't feel that I was in a challenging enough position for my abilities. The most enjoyable was all of the people, including the members!
Member Service Rep
Member Service Call Representative (Former Employee), Lehi, UtahFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: short lunch
Provided our members with satisfactory customer service in any way they needed it. Environment was relaxed and fun with the atmosphere of success.
Great Company
Commissions Analyst (Current Employee), Lehi, UTFebruary 6, 2015
Great company overall, and great benefits. Decent management, but a little disorganized. Difficulty expanding efficiently to accommodate high growth.
Great Product!
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Totally flexible, great product, excellent opportunity. I don't have any more to write and would appreciate not being required to write any more. That's all. No more to say.
Meet new people, make new friends
Young Living Essential Oils Consultant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: when enough down line is built up i will be able to retire.
Cons: this will take awile.
I love this job, I am learning how to use social media to promote the oils, and I have to think of other ways of marketing. I do a lot of health, craft, and yes, even physic fairs.

I have no co-workers, I have a down line and an up line. I get help from the up line, and I give that help to the down line. I want the people that are under me to have great success. When they succeed I succeed. We work together on ideas for marketing learning about the product and getting others interested. We have fun, and I bring cookies.
Opportunity
Independent Distributor (Current Employee), Kamrar, IAJanuary 6, 2015
While this may not be the easiest of "jobs," it is very rewarding helping others find healthy alternatives for taking care of themselves.
Young Living Essential Oils
Executive Distributor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2014
Pros: being in business for yourself but not my yourself! no side effects from using the oils.
Cons: if not used proper, can cause reactions! educate on the proper use!
A typical day at work is using the oils and educating others on the benefits of essential oils.

I have learned using essential oils can improve your health and wellness. I am off all over the counter drugs and only use the oils for my personal health issues.

Management at Young Living is striving to expedite excellence in everything they do. They are providing education and leaders to aid in our success.

Because I use the oils daily, I don't find any part of this job hard. I allow the oils to speak for themselves! They work...I just share my knowledge with others. There really is not a difficult part of this job. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching others improve their health and wellness without synthetic drugs. That is rewarding!
Good
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Spanish Fork, UTNovember 18, 2014
Young Living Essential Oils is a good place to be employed. They pay well and the hours were nice. Not only that but they treated you as if you were more than just an employee and I made friends fast.
Young Living is an old but growing company.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Spanish Fork, utahNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches and other perks are given to employees on occasion. free product is given monthly.
Cons: short lunch times and long work hours, rotating shifts
With the recent boom in Essential Oils, Young Living is growing as fast as they can produce the product, sometimes faster. This has created a lot of opportunity for those seeking jobs in the lower echelons of the company. Career growth is a bit limited as the higher level positions have been filled by long time employees, but as they grow more will be needed.
It is great to be my own Boss.
Independent Distributor (Current Employee), Lehi, UTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: you get out of this what you put into it.
Cons: time involved to educate prospective members
This is a healthful lifestyle and I mostly am a member for personal use.
People often come to me with health challenges and I am able to direct them to educational information that will address their personal concerns.
My up line is readily available and management is just a phone call away.
Educating people as to the reason products are so expensive. You do get what you pay for and often people are more willing to compromise quality for a less expensive product.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see people benefit with better health as they use these wonderful products. The occasional Ahhh Ha moment is really exciting.
Please use my Member # 844620 if you would like to get your own wholesale account and start a healthy lifestyle.
Horribly managed company
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee), Lehi, UTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits are competetive
Cons: horrible working conditions/horribly managed
This company is run by the worst leaders group of managers imaginable. I am speaking primarily of the call center. They treat their employees like garbage. They do not value those who work hard and are truly helping their company grow. Worst company that I have every worked for by far
Flexible and Fun Job
YLEO Distributor (Current Employee), Rapid City, SDNovember 5, 2014
Very flexible and rewarding job. Working at a healthier life.
Score Keeper
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pleasant GroveOctober 28, 2014
Keeping scores for the baseball and softball games at the pleasant grove recreation center.
It is, in my opinion, the best Independent Distributor, Marketing company around. Their product line is superior and "Next to None!"
Independent Distributor (Current Employee), Work from HomeOctober 7, 2014
Pros: it is your own business in which your efforts determine your compensation.
Cons: developing the ability to "move on" when your efforts are not producing.
You can be all that you want to be, and do all that you want to do. It is simply a matter of the effort you make. What you put into it, is commensurate to what you get out of it.

The product has proven results and explains why they are experiencing exponential growth after 20 years in business. It is a positive and upbeat company with little downside.
AMAZING
CCD Representative (Former Employee), Lehi, UTAugust 28, 2014
I loved working for this company!!! They work with your hours, offer amazing benefits, and not only that, they help teach you things that are so helpful for you future.
High Focus on Customer Experience
Member Services Department Manager (Current Employee), Lehi, UTAugust 20, 2014
Pros: let's talk
Cons: let's talk
Some very gifted people. A lot of very good employee friendly incentives and programs. Exponential growth! Email me for more info.
Inside perspective
Employee (Former Employee), Lehi, UTJune 21, 2014
Pros: decent pay, great benefits
Cons: any type of personality conflict can lead to dismissal.
While working for a company that is invested in personal well-being is fun, working for a company owned by an unstable hyper-emotional decision maker is difficult. Executive level management is very much a display of who is willing to boost the ego of the owner, even to the detriment of the company, it's employees, or it's image.

Before agreeing to work here research should be done on the founder, Gary Young. Keyword there is quackwatch. While not everything is true, it does give an accurate image of the type of person he is, which spills over to the operation of the business.
Product is great, people are fun to work with.
Shipper (Current Employee), Spanish Fork, UTMay 6, 2014
Pros: the health benefits.
Cons: the job itself.
* Go to work and either pack orders or pick them.
* Co-workers are fun to work with but no time to really get to know anybody because we're always so busy.
* Hardest part is lifting boxes all day and being on my feet I have a terrible back and I am not supposed to stand for 10 hours a day.
* The most enjoyable part of the job right now is only working 4 days a week they are always different days every week which kind of sucks but it works.
Great Company
Microbiology Intern - QC Lab (Former Employee), Spanish Fork, UTJanuary 18, 2014
The lab is filled with great people dedicated to providing a great product
down to earth, friendly employees, yet hard working
Customer care representative (Former Employee), Lehi, UTNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great hours, great physical environment
Cons: attendance policy
I enjoyed Young living because of the type of company it is.
Talking to distributors who are interested in the health and well being of others contributes to a positive atmosphere.
At times the distributors are frustrated and upset, and it can be difficult to diffuse these situations.
The most enjoyable part of the job is changing a person's life through the products Young living provides.
The management changed several times throughout my five yrs.
The recent management was let go due to creating a hostile work environment for the employees.
The previous management was great and some of the same people have taken over.