Young Rembrandts Employee Reviews

Great company to work part time for
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJune 12, 2017
I was able to work part time being an art instructor while being a stay at home mom who was a very active volunteer at my daughters' school. The step by step lesson plans made it so easy for me to teach and for kids in grades 1 through 6 to draw Great experience!
Pros
Part time. Lesson plans given.
Cons
None.
Teaching & watching kids blossom
Account Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 6, 2017
Teaching drawing was by far one of the most rewarding jobs I've had. After the first year of working with YR, I was promoted to work in the office as an Account Service Associate, while continuing to teach 2 of my classes each week. My managers helped mentor me and provided support when ever I needed it.
Pros
Teach classes independently & work with kids
Cons
Must be committed to be on time and difficult to get coverage for days off
A Productive place to teach children art
Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILMay 1, 2017
Children love to come to Young Rembrandts to learn how to draw. They begin class by completing an assigned drawing. I demonstrate the drawing on a large white board step by step and the students follow along. Once students have completed the drawing, they use markers to color their picture using colors of their choice. If they finish early, they are entitled to do a free art activity using subjects of their choice. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students develop a new artistic skill.
Loved teaching kids to draw
Elementary Drawing Teacher (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 28, 2017
I loved teaching kids of all ages to draw and see an improvement from the first drawing to the end of the session. I watched their confidence and skills grow and we had fun in the process. If this job works with your schedule, I would recommend it!
Pros
Being creative, teaching kids, having fun
Cons
After school scheduling made it hard to have other jobs too
Learned a lot
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2017
 Teach artwork to a group of elementary school classroom (up to 22 kids).  During this class clearly communicate about the project goals and work with kids to achieve these goals.
Fun workplace, not enough
ART INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 26, 2017
YR was an after school program for kids. A great learning experience. Not enough hours or time allocated for a full time job. It was easy to follow the step by step guide for drawing lessons.
Fun Jon
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILJanuary 26, 2017
This is a fun place to work with kids, however not really a good source of extra income. It is better fit for someone looking for a hobby. Friendly director and staff.
Ok if you are grandma
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 30, 2016
For grandmas with lots of spare time... if you are young and talented avoid at all costs. Only 15 dollars a day for 3 hours of work + gas
Working for Young Rembrandts
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 11, 2016
In working with Young Rembrandts, all instructors must be flexible. Given the content is art-related, every student and instructor needs to approach the curriculum with both objectivity and creativity.
Pros
The best part about Young Rembrandts is the ability to share what I love with others.
Cons
Classes wouldn't meet unless min. # of students enrolled.
Fun, fulfilling job where artists are the bosses
Art teacher (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CAApril 2, 2016
A job that respected their teacher above all, and made sure they had all the supplies and encouragement to do their jobs. Flexible hours, with adoringly nice staff and coworkers.

I had organized my school schedule to fit in my teaching hours -- one hour after an ordinary elementary school day -- where I taught a small group of students from grades 1st to 5th basic drawing skills. I taught then not only techniques, but also artist terminology and fundamentals.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such accommodating, understanding bosses, and getting to teach young children about art the way that I wished I was taught when I was their age. But of course, handling even a small group of elementary school children is no easy task, and it was often hard to keep them in their seats. Even if the class WAS just for an hour.
Pros
Free supplies, flexible work hours, accommodating staff
Cons
children!!!
Enjoyed every bit of it!
Elementary Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 15, 2016
I needed to prepare ahead of time by doing the lesson myself and preparing the materials for over 100 children in one day.

I enjoyed the training I went through and sharing art with children. It taught me alot about my own process in creating art.

My supervisor was great and supportive at all times. I loved my co-workers.

On a typical day I would teach 4 classes back-to-back. I would have a lesson for them to make the art project relevant to them, talk to them about the history and techniques to use. I would then distribute the materials and teach each stroke of the design of the day to the children. Then I would coach them through coloring it to create a finished product to take home.

The hardest part of the job was managing large groups of excitable children, but i still enjoyed it.

My favorite part was to see the excitement in the children's eyes when they would surprise themselves with how well they do on the project.

I loved the job!
Pros
fun, art, children
Cons
distance from my home
Great concept, can be pushed further
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 26, 2015
Teachers are assigned as many schools as they request, but have no control over which schools and how many they are actually given. We are paid $20 per class (which last 1 hour, once a week.) This is a job which, by nature, cannot be full-time. Working with the students in the school environment is nice as the classroom is provided, but is often difficult because it's immediately after school and the kids are out of the school-day mindset, and we're not they're regular teachers. All lesson plans and supplies are given to us by management at the start of the 9 week session, which is wonderful. The downside is that, being a franchise, it doesn't leave much room for the students to get really creative. It does ensure that the teachers have a solid template to work from so that everyone can follow along and come up with similar pieces. I only see coworkers and managers at our once-a-month meetings to re-supply and pick up paychecks. It's nice to have such independence, but it's also difficult to stay in touch with superiors if there are any questions or concerns.
Pros
supplies, lesson plans and classrooms provided, marketing done for us
Cons
not much creative wriggle room, very part-time, lack of opportunity to bond with co-workers or move up in company
Fun and exciting work place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CADecember 23, 2015
I enjoy teaching art to elementary school aged students on a weekly basis. I usually teach art in a large classroom where tables and chairs are set-up before I start teaching. A couple of the students help with setting up the classroom disputing paper, pencils, and erasers. I then go over the lesson plan making it fun and engaging at all times.
Pros
Fun, silly, creative place to work
Step by Step Instructions so anyone can draw
Drawing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 7, 2015
Working for Young Rembrandts, I teach over 100 students each week at five different schools in the western suburbs. There are three sessions at each school - fall, winter and spring - in which I have new students but also many return!

The lessons are designed to teach children from Kindergarten to fifth grade. Of course, the drawing abilities of a five year old are vastly different from those of a 10 year old, or at least most of the time. The biggest challenge of this job is how to make the lessons understandable for the youngest students while not boring the older students.

My greatest satisfaction comes from seeing a student who began a session convinced that he would be unable to draw anything complete his first drawing. If the students follow my step by step instructions, they can turn out wonderful drawings of which they can be proud.
Enjoyed creating images with the students
Teacher/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILSeptember 30, 2015
Working with students of different ages and backgrounds was a
great experience, learning all about attention spans of each age.
Pros
Seeing the proud student when their project was finish
Cons
Having to leave to attend college
Great experience
Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MIMarch 19, 2015
A wonderful way to meet education staff, parents and students in various school districts that offer Young Rembrandts drawing and cartooning classes. Teaching cartooning allows me to strengthen and build upon my teaching knowledge in my specialty area while seeking full-time employment.
Pros
Great teaching experience
Excellant Company
Elementary Education Art Teacher Part time (Current Employee) –  Lake CountyJanuary 19, 2015
I work with elementary aged children. Teaching the basics of drawing skills. We use pencil, markers and colored pencils as the media.
Pros
Educating skills
Fun to work with kids
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO and Loveland, CONovember 29, 2014
Usually work at one or two schools for the length of the school year. Classes are once a week except for holidays when the school might be closed. Very fun workplace to spend time with kids watching their drawing skills grow.
Productive and fun work ethics
After School Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 8, 2014
It is very god job for all art students and teachers. Very interesting and fun to work with little artist at different elementary schools. Co-workers are very helpful and feels like family.
Love watching kids become artists
Part Time Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIAugust 25, 2014
I love watching kids go through the process of drawing and coloring in each class and then experiencing the pride they feel from their completed project. This is one of the most satisfying jobs I've ever had.
Cons
Very few hours available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Young Rembrandts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5