Young Rembrandts

Young Rembrandts Employer Reviews

Fun to work with kids
Art Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CO and Loveland, CONovember 29, 2014
Usually work at one or two schools for the length of the school year. Classes are once a week except for holidays when the school might be closed. Very fun workplace to spend time with kids watching their drawing skills grow.
Love watching kids become artists
Part Time Art Teacher (Former Employee), Burlington, WIAugust 25, 2014
Cons: very few hours available.
I love watching kids go through the process of drawing and coloring in each class and then experiencing the pride they feel from their completed project. This is one of the most satisfying jobs I've ever had.
Enjoyable and rewarding
Art Instructor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: easy and enjoyable
Cons: no benefits, only part time available
Work required that you go to a school after hours and run art classes.
I learned effective classroom management techniques and improved my communication skills.
This was not a team based position, the only interactions with coworkers were at group meetings.
Creative and organized work environment
Teacher (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: teaching composition to very young kids and seeing fantastic results
Cons: commuting a lot and not many hours.
Typically I'd work 3 to 5 days a week one hour at a time for twenty dollars a class. The hours were very little due to the many instructors. Commuting is a must in this job as the company is hired by schools to work as a after-school program teaching art. I loved teaching the children about art in both a historical context, use of medium and creating – more... works of art using the Montessori method. It was fun and the best reward were the smiles. The hardest part of the job was the challenging time restrictions and accepting that the job had a very technical side. Although it was about teaching 'art', the focus lay primarily in the composition skills necessary for creating works of art and not so intensely on the creativity of the individual. – less
Productive,Fun working with kids
Teacher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2014
Pros: good pay, working with kids
Cons: no health insurance, carrying all of the supplies with you
Set up classroom before students arrive, explain class assignment, answer questions, monitor any bad behavior. Collect assignments and clean classroom.
I learned allot about my teaching skills a gained allot of unique ways to keep kids excited while learning at the same time.
management was good.
my co-workers work helpful.
The hardest part is deal – more... with a student maybe having a bad day and getting them to settle down so that everyone else around them can work.
I enjoyed interacting with the students and getting to know different personalities. – less
A Fun Job
Art Teacher (Former Employee), North Dallas, TexasAugust 23, 2013
Pros: excellent management and a fun job
Cons: short hours with not much possibility to add more
A typical day at work involved going to a school, setting up my art supplies, then meeting the kids in our assigned area, and bring them back to the room for class.
I learned that anyone can be an artist, and that it's ok that not everyone is on the same level and that I need to make sure all of the kids are happy with their work and excited to be in – more... my class.
Management is great! Always very straight forward and got everything done on time.
I did not see much of my fellow co-workers, but the few I did see on a weekly basis were kind and excited to be teaching art.
The hardest part of the job was trying to fit the lesson plan into less than an hour long class!
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids progress through out the year and feeling pride in my work. – less
Great program for children!
Area Manager/Consultant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 23, 2013
I loved being a part of this company - their model for teaching children is really wonderful. However, the support to the Franchisees is unrealistic.
Great for stay-at-home moms or retirees
Part Time Art Instructor (Former Employee), Channahon, ILMay 7, 2013
Pros: lots of support
Cons: pay is pretty low and it's only part time
I was interested in this company so that I could teach at my son's school which didn't work out until the last minute. You are trained in how to break down art and instruct elementary students how to draw. You can have some great kids or you can run into those kids that just don't want to be there. Your coworkers are all really nice. I wish they paid – more... more...it was not worth my time to travel and I was having to hire a sitter due to the time differences from when my son's school released to the ones that I was sent to teach. – less
Fun easy job
Client Relations Associate, Art Instructor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2013
Very rewarding if you like engaging with children. Knowing that you made a difference in their lives and seeing them progress with their skill level was definitely the best part of the job.
Art
Art Instructor (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILMarch 13, 2013
Seeing my students go from not being able to draw to actually draw Mona Lisa is an inspiration to me.
Art Teacher
Art Instructor (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILMarch 10, 2013
I love this job because I love kids. It is a great experience seeing one child grow.
Fun- but not a real job
Art Teacher (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: art
Cons: the hours
It was only a few hours a week at best, but teaching creative continence to children was great! the looks on their faces when they made the project we pre-planned in a meeting was just wonderful!

It was hard to scramble and divvy up hours between 30 adults and only 10 open schools. sometimes you didn't work.
Awesome after school art program.
Art Teacher (Former Employee), Orange CountyJanuary 21, 2013
Truly teaches students the fundamentals of art, which are rarely taught in the mainstream classroom.
Fun with kids
Art Instructor (Current Employee), Springfield, orNovember 4, 2012
Pros: kids are great! few hours
Cons: few hours
Fun time teaching preset lessons to kids (if you can draw better than a 5-year-old, then you have the talent to teach them!). Classroom management can be rough, since it's after long days of school and k-5 in one classroom. Only 2 hours per class (1 hour teaching, 1 hour prep/cleanup).
Young Rembrandts offered me the outstanding opportunity to teach art to 3rd - 6th graders.
Art Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2012
Pros: group get-togethers at the owners' home, achieving my goal of bettering the lives of the children through art and creativity.
Cons: none.
A typical day at work would include going to a school after hours and teach 3rd - 6th graders how to draw. They would use colored markers and follow along with me as I drew a preconceived picture on the board of an animal, etc. They could do their own embellishments. I learned classroom management, discipline and rewards for good behavior. I had no – more... co-workers for the most part; I was responsible for groups of up to 25 children. The hardest part of the job was having to leave because at the same time I worked for Young Rembrandts I was also working full time as a Legal Assistant. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the advancement and happiness on the faces of the children as they learned about the world of art. – less
Great Program
Sales Manager/Teacher - Central Chicago (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 21, 2012
This is a great franchise that promotes visual learning to children ages 4-12. You can encourage children to learn a different way which translates to their everyday learning in other areas.
Inspiring, Fun and Creative!
ART Instructor (Current Employee), Elgin, ILMay 11, 2012
Pros: children*art*salary*schedule
Cons: would like to do this full-time!
Material Preparation and set-up, Review Lesson plans for Sessions, Interraction with School Staff and Children, Fun and Creativity, Stories, History and Educating the children about Art and Life!
I enjoy teaching my art knowledge to young creative genius minds.
Art Instructor - Teacher (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXMay 9, 2012
Pros: put more time into it than expected.
Cons: 22.50 an hour turned out to be 22.50 for 3 hours.
Two years are enough.

No advancement

Great boss

Get to work an hour before class (with no pay) in order to set up tables and chairs. Put out supplies and be ready for students.

Wait with children for parents to arrive.

With travel, set-up, teaching, parents p.r.ing, work preparation; you will spend 3 hours a day for one hour of pay.

You gotta – more... love the kids. They are great!!! – less
enjoyed teaching younger kids
Art teacher (Former Employee), Corona CAApril 14, 2012
It was very exciting to see the students follow step by step instructions and producing some great art works.
Very flexible schedule that could be designed each school term. Requires a lot of flexability to work there.
Art Teacher (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 20, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, good hourly wage, autonomy in the work place.
Cons: very few hours per week, no benefits, extreme variability in daily work place, changing variety of locations from term to term.
Flexible schedule, very few hours, good hourly wage, no benefits, autonomy in the workplace, extreme variability in daily work place as well as a changing variety of locations from term to term.

About Young Rembrandts

Founded in 1988 by Bette Fetter, Young Rembrandts has become a recognized leader in art education. What began as one person, working – Read more

Young Rembrandts Photos