Young Rembrandts Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed every bit of it!
Elementary Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 15, 2016
I needed to prepare ahead of time by doing the lesson myself and preparing the materials for over 100 children in one day.

I enjoyed the training I went through and sharing art with children. It taught me alot about my own process in creating art.

My supervisor was great and supportive at all times. I loved my co-workers.

On a typical day I would teach 4 classes back-to-back. I would have a lesson for them to make the art project relevant to them, talk to them about the history and techniques to use. I would then distribute the materials and teach each stroke of the design of the day to the children. Then I would coach them through coloring it to create a finished product to take home.

The hardest part of the job was managing large groups of excitable children, but i still enjoyed it.

My favorite part was to see the excitement in the children's eyes when they would surprise themselves with how well they do on the project.

I loved the job!
Pros
fun, art, children
Cons
distance from my home
Great concept, can be pushed further
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 26, 2015
Teachers are assigned as many schools as they request, but have no control over which schools and how many they are actually given. We are paid $20 per class (which last 1 hour, once a week.) This is a job which, by nature, cannot be full-time. Working with the students in the school environment is nice as the classroom is provided, but is often difficult because it's immediately after school and the kids are out of the school-day mindset, and we're not they're regular teachers. All lesson plans and supplies are given to us by management at the start of the 9 week session, which is wonderful. The downside is that, being a franchise, it doesn't leave much room for the students to get really creative. It does ensure that the teachers have a solid template to work from so that everyone can follow along and come up with similar pieces. I only see coworkers and managers at our once-a-month meetings to re-supply and pick up paychecks. It's nice to have such independence, but it's also difficult to stay in touch with superiors if there are any questions or concerns.
Pros
supplies, lesson plans and classrooms provided, marketing done for us
Cons
not much creative wriggle room, very part-time, lack of opportunity to bond with co-workers or move up in company
Fun and exciting work place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CADecember 23, 2015
I enjoy teaching art to elementary school aged students on a weekly basis. I usually teach art in a large classroom where tables and chairs are set-up before I start teaching. A couple of the students help with setting up the classroom disputing paper, pencils, and erasers. I then go over the lesson plan making it fun and engaging at all times.
Pros
Fun, silly, creative place to work
Step by Step Instructions so anyone can draw
Drawing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 7, 2015
Working for Young Rembrandts, I teach over 100 students each week at five different schools in the western suburbs. There are three sessions at each school - fall, winter and spring - in which I have new students but also many return!

The lessons are designed to teach children from Kindergarten to fifth grade. Of course, the drawing abilities of a five year old are vastly different from those of a 10 year old, or at least most of the time. The biggest challenge of this job is how to make the lessons understandable for the youngest students while not boring the older students.

My greatest satisfaction comes from seeing a student who began a session convinced that he would be unable to draw anything complete his first drawing. If the students follow my step by step instructions, they can turn out wonderful drawings of which they can be proud.
Enjoyed creating images with the students
Teacher/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILSeptember 30, 2015
Working with students of different ages and backgrounds was a
great experience, learning all about attention spans of each age.
Pros
Seeing the proud student when their project was finish
Cons
Having to leave to attend college
Great experience
Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MIMarch 19, 2015
A wonderful way to meet education staff, parents and students in various school districts that offer Young Rembrandts drawing and cartooning classes. Teaching cartooning allows me to strengthen and build upon my teaching knowledge in my specialty area while seeking full-time employment.
Pros
great teaching experience
Excellant Company
Elementary Education Art Teacher Part time (Current Employee) –  Lake CountyJanuary 19, 2015
I work with elementary aged children. Teaching the basics of drawing skills. We use pencil, markers and colored pencils as the media.
Pros
educating skills
Fun to work with kids
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO and Loveland, CONovember 29, 2014
Usually work at one or two schools for the length of the school year. Classes are once a week except for holidays when the school might be closed. Very fun workplace to spend time with kids watching their drawing skills grow.
Productive and fun work ethics
After School Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 8, 2014
It is very god job for all art students and teachers. Very interesting and fun to work with little artist at different elementary schools. Co-workers are very helpful and feels like family.
Love watching kids become artists
Part Time Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIAugust 25, 2014
I love watching kids go through the process of drawing and coloring in each class and then experiencing the pride they feel from their completed project. This is one of the most satisfying jobs I've ever had.
Cons
very few hours available.
Enjoyable and rewarding
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2014
Work required that you go to a school after hours and run art classes.
I learned effective classroom management techniques and improved my communication skills.
This was not a team based position, the only interactions with coworkers were at group meetings.
Pros
easy and enjoyable
Cons
no benefits, only part time available
Creative and organized work environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 15, 2014
Typically I'd work 3 to 5 days a week one hour at a time for twenty dollars a class. The hours were very little due to the many instructors. Commuting is a must in this job as the company is hired by schools to work as a after-school program teaching art. I loved teaching the children about art in both a historical context, use of medium and creating works of art using the Montessori method. It was fun and the best reward were the smiles. The hardest part of the job was the challenging time restrictions and accepting that the job had a very technical side. Although it was about teaching 'art', the focus lay primarily in the composition skills necessary for creating works of art and not so intensely on the creativity of the individual.
Pros
teaching composition to very young kids and seeing fantastic results
Cons
commuting a lot and not many hours.
Productive,Fun working with kids
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2014
Set up classroom before students arrive, explain class assignment, answer questions, monitor any bad behavior. Collect assignments and clean classroom.
I learned allot about my teaching skills a gained allot of unique ways to keep kids excited while learning at the same time.
management was good.
my co-workers work helpful.
The hardest part is deal with a student maybe having a bad day and getting them to settle down so that everyone else around them can work.
I enjoyed interacting with the students and getting to know different personalities.
Pros
good pay, working with kids
Cons
no health insurance, carrying all of the supplies with you
A Fun Job
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Dallas, TexasAugust 23, 2013
A typical day at work involved going to a school, setting up my art supplies, then meeting the kids in our assigned area, and bring them back to the room for class.
I learned that anyone can be an artist, and that it's ok that not everyone is on the same level and that I need to make sure all of the kids are happy with their work and excited to be in my class.
Management is great! Always very straight forward and got everything done on time.
I did not see much of my fellow co-workers, but the few I did see on a weekly basis were kind and excited to be teaching art.
The hardest part of the job was trying to fit the lesson plan into less than an hour long class!
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids progress through out the year and feeling pride in my work.
Pros
excellent management and a fun job
Cons
short hours with not much possibility to add more
Great program for children!
Area Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 23, 2013
I loved being a part of this company - their model for teaching children is really wonderful. However, the support to the Franchisees is unrealistic.
Great for stay-at-home moms or retirees
Part Time Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILMay 7, 2013
I was interested in this company so that I could teach at my son's school which didn't work out until the last minute. You are trained in how to break down art and instruct elementary students how to draw. You can have some great kids or you can run into those kids that just don't want to be there. Your coworkers are all really nice. I wish they paid more...it was not worth my time to travel and I was having to hire a sitter due to the time differences from when my son's school released to the ones that I was sent to teach.
Pros
lots of support
Cons
pay is pretty low and it's only part time
Fun easy job
Client Relations Associate, Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2013
Very rewarding if you like engaging with children. Knowing that you made a difference in their lives and seeing them progress with their skill level was definitely the best part of the job.
Art
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMarch 13, 2013
Seeing my students go from not being able to draw to actually draw Mona Lisa is an inspiration to me.
Art Teacher
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMarch 10, 2013
I love this job because I love kids. It is a great experience seeing one child grow.
Fun- but not a real job
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 12, 2013
It was only a few hours a week at best, but teaching creative continence to children was great! the looks on their faces when they made the project we pre-planned in a meeting was just wonderful!

It was hard to scramble and divvy up hours between 30 adults and only 10 open schools. sometimes you didn't work.
Pros
art
Cons
the hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Young Rembrandts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5