Youngstown State University

Youngstown State University Employer Reviews

Excellent working environment and benefits
Research & Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHJanuary 18, 2015
• Assisting the liaising actuary in determining policy premiums, developing appropriate policies and providing advice for underwriting procedures and product enhancement.
• Determining yearly projections for my branch and helping to achieve them.
• Helping in yearly cost-benefit analysis to determine the profit margin of the company.
• Implementing system software in product enhancement and underwriting.
Great Chemistry and Biology Department
Research Associate (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHDecember 30, 2014
Working for my professor was the best thing to do in terms of learning experience and improving my skill set.
Remunerations could be reviewed for graduate asssitants although the environment is a great place for learning
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Youngstown (OH)October 29, 2014
Very nice working colleagues and bosses. I learned a lot from the use of the equipment and tools available. The environment is one that encourages growth in development. Job is fairly balanced to suit other schedules.
Productive,interactive working environment with colleagues who are always ready to help.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHOctober 28, 2014
work is always challenging because you have to meet students everyday and try to make them understand subjects despite whatever challenges they may be facing. It is however enjoyable since it pushes to learn more effective ways to communicate your lessons to everyone. Everyone is friendly and ready to help. The hardest part of the job is having to combine it with my own studies everyday but it is also enjoyable because it helps to develop multitasking skills on a daily basis.
Fun filled and caring work environment
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHOctober 13, 2014
Pros: cheerful environment
As a part time faculty, it is a pleasure to get to campus and be greeted by the cheerful staff and students. The infrastructure is up to date and the campus is beautiful.
Overall a great college.
STUDENT HYGIENIST (Former Employee), Youngstown, OhioOctober 9, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Youngstown State University. I was a student hygienist. I learned the basic foundations in becoming a dental hygienist. The hardest part of being a student hygienist was finding our own patients to meet certain requirements. The most enjoyable part of being a student hygienist was actually working with my patients. Getting a free teeth cleaning meant a lot to some of these patients.
I alfready wrote how wonderful they are.
Volunteer (Current Employee), OHSeptember 23, 2014
Great place to work but no permanent jobs will ever be available.
Great place for a student
Assistant (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHAugust 25, 2014
Worked on campus for 4 years. Great way to gain experience and make money to help with school.
Felixble job with great atmosphere for graduate students
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHAugust 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay was minimal
This job allowed me to work flexible hours while pursuing a graduate degree. Instructional fees were waived for graduate assistants and a stipend was given to me for working. I was able to work closely with professors on research, but still given down town to complete homework assignments.
Not a bad job
Graduate Assistant, Part Time (Former Employee), Youngstown, OhioJuly 27, 2014
The work was not bad for the pay, and the location was fine. Few coworkers and lots of interaction with others.
nice
Drug and Alcohol Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJuly 17, 2014
• Implemented YSU for Recovery 12-step group for students struggling with, affected by, questioning, or in active addiction.
• Organized Drug and Alcohol programing for students on campus including Alcohol Awareness Week, responsible host training, and special events such as prevention speakers.
• Implemented Project Purple, Red Watch Program and Buzz Kill programming.
I had mulitple jobs at Ysu. I've learned so much, met great people and used many skils that will benefit myself and others as I further my career.
Office assistant (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJune 7, 2014
Pros: great management, welcoming envirnoment, long breaks
Cons: heavy workload at times
A typical day consisted of me answering incoming calls, directing and tracking them to the proper person, maintaining files, handling MS excel spreadsheets and greeting people as they enter. From this I learned how to work professionally, gain more knowledge of computer programs as well as basic office equipment.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHApril 9, 2014
Typical day requires answering phones and questions for students and faculty.

I had the pleasure of working in History Department were everyone is really great and helpful.
A fun workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHMarch 25, 2014
 When I worked in Youngstown State University I had to assist with students' teaching seminar and teaching performance assessment. As you read my job title was an assistant, but all students who were in the seminar respected me very much. They had great disciplines and professional performances. After their performances, all students were waiting for each professors and my comments quietly. We had a briefly and friendly gathering after each seminar to discus what interesting things that happened during the seminar.
Productive and fun workplace.
Aquatics Instructor (Former Employee), youngstown ohFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, breaks
Cons: only able to work part time
Flexible hours. There was room for advancement or to expand your certifications in different ares. The workplace was fun and made you want to work more. Inservices were a blast and after the end of the meetings there was pizza.
Rewarding experience to help other students.
TUTOR (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: helping students and convenience of being on campus.
Cons: unprofessional staff
Though the experience was rewarding the staff sometimes seemed a little unprofessional even though there was a relaxed environment at the CSP. I felt there was obvious favoritism and bias,
great atmosphere
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHNovember 21, 2013
answered phones and assisted students with registration and filling out the correct paper work.
grad research assistant
Development of Shroud for Wind Turbine, Project (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHNovember 18, 2013
worked in cfd moceling software to get the best design of backshroud.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), SMARTS, Tod Hall, B101October 16, 2013
YSU is my alma mater and I love working here but due to budget cuts my position is being eliminated. This position has enabled me to gain experience in the non-profit world. SMARTS is a community outreach program for YSU and we provide free art and music education to youth from Kindergarten to 12th grade. I manage the office and have gained extensive experience in MS Word, Excel and databases. I am the first contact the public has with SMARTS and enjoy greeting guests and talking about our program.
good place to work
Set-Up Crew (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHSeptember 24, 2013
fun place to work for a student, always have time to study. good management, learned about teamwork.

1 2 3

About Youngstown State University

Youngstown State University (YSU) offers about 100 undergraduate majors, more than 30 graduate programs, and doctorate programs – Read more