YoungWilliams Child Support Services Employee Reviews

Review
Employer Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 14, 2015
It was a typical environment for a call center. The hours are 8-5 PM with breaks and lunches. I would recommend the place for employment.
Great place to focus and help others.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 16, 2015
Great environment all the co workers are friendly and willing to help. If you see you self as a leader just establish a good rapport and go to your project manager and they will put you in place for a promotion. Hardest part would be dealing with disgruntled employers but it comes with the job especially customer service.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No window to be a little late
not a good place to work
IM CSR (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City missouriFebruary 9, 2015
When I was there it was hard to get better hours, if you are on the closing shift do keep in mind that if the queue is high you will most likely not get out of there at the close of the day and will have to stay until the queue is at 0. You will need to be mentally able to be called every bad name that is known in the books but you will not be able to say anything other than a scripted response, as well as being able to report children having children. Other then the few nice people that I have met it is a horrible place to work!
Pros
the supervisors are nice and there are fun things that the teams do like food day
unprofessional
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  yazoo city msJanuary 22, 2015
Unorganized,unprofessional. No room for growth. Fire you if you don't score 70% out if a series of weekly test. Gives you a random assortment of information rapidly and unprofessionally.
Pros
9-5
A communit atmoshphere
Training Manager/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 20, 2014
Loved this job for the past 8 years, I've learned a lot and travelled a lot for the job.
Always room for advancement and I recommend YoungWilliams to anyone searching for a job.
Pros
good pay/benefits
Cons
lacked structure
Great Job, Bad Business
Employer Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 12, 2014
Young Williams has one of the most astounding group of men and women dedicated to helping that I have ever met. The work can be hard but it's it easy to look to your fellow employees for a smile or a kind word.
That being said if it had been possible to separate the people from the business I would have been more then happy to continue working for my previous employer.
The business has no idea what it is that actually goes on or what is needed to make the project succeed. It is treated as a call center or a numbers game and is stripped of any real dedication to people. It's CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT people! You can't remove the human element and still expect the business to succeed! Employee's are not given sufficient training before being put on the floor and expected to be able to know the legal proceedings well enough to explain them to an employer who has never had to withhold from an employee. The truly unlucky new hires will even have to try to explain to a non-custodial parent why the payments that he/she is sending in are wrong because they need to come from the business not from them personally. Employees are not given the tools they need to succeed and the equipment is so out of date and faulty that its collapsing around it grotesquely antiquated weight.
Pros
hours, benifits, holidays, people
Cons
poor training, old equipment/systems, bad resource management
Great company to work for
Child Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 21, 2014
Enjoyable company to work for. There is always work available to do and makes for busy day each and everyday. Co-workers are enjoyable.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 9, 2014
I enjoyed working at for the stated and helping those who were in need. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers and becoming part of a group team to make the company successful.
Pros
i had healthcare for myself and my child, i had great hours and was able to enjoy my weekends off with my family
Cons
i wasn't living in the area were my job and it was hard to work there financially.

2.5