YoungWilliams Employee Reviews

Racist Managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 11, 2017
Pay was 10 an hour but management was extremely racist. Enjoyed working Monday - Friday with weekends off but it wasn't worth how I was being treated.
Pros
Great Schedule Average pay
Cons
Bad managment
Mediocre at best
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  WyomingJanuary 4, 2017
No room for advancement, pto has to be used for everything, all about the numbers, and mediocre pay for the crazy amount of work.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Unprofessional
Enjoyable place to work for the most part.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 5, 2016
The company itself did care about the employees for the most part, and tried to work around as best they could the personal lives of their employees. Managers and supervisors were all very nice and friendly.
Very poor management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 26, 2016
Company not good to its employees.

A lot of miss management. Multiple complaints have been filed against upper management and legal department.
Poor benifits, Poor Pay, Grade School atmosphere
Child Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 16, 2016
Training is poor to non existent. After working in enforcement for one year, I switched positions in the company to further my knowledge, when I switched I was literally shown my desk and was told to "ask questions". Two days after I switched the trainer went on leave for two months after sitting with me twice. I was expected from day one to meet team goals which no one on the team was doing and at the end of the second month I was put on a pip and was terminated at the end of the month for not making goals even though no one else had made them either.
The work enviroment is what I would describe as hostile. The treatment some employees receive is completely biased as supervisors have their "favorites" and allow them to literally do nothing all day while others are working from the moment they come in and get absolutely no recognition. There was also absolutely no advancement opportunities, there were no other positions to move to. Only different departments. I was never given the option to go back to my original position after learning I was not making goals which I thought was unfair considering I was told that I was the top performer when I was in Enforcement.
Supervisor interaction is almost completely non existent, in my first position with the company my supervisor never voluntarily spoke to me unless she had a direct question. Otherwise I never saw her. The pay was completely unequal if you had a BA you would get paid at least two dollars and hour more than another person doing the exact same job. The whole enviroment was like a high school atmosphere. I learned that
  more... a fellow coworker who had a problem with me was literally running to the supervisors office to bad mouth me from day one. What I found appalling was the fact the supervisor never questioned me about anything that was said. Essentially the atmosphere caused my coworkers to tattle on each other like school children in order to make themselves look better.  less
Managment cares only about numbers, any human service schpeel they may give you is BS.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 15, 2016
Management is only concerned with bottom line/collections and care not about you or the customers/clients that call in. Management has no idea how to be motivational, is very negative/punitive and create a negative working environment. Morale is low from constant "you're not doing enought" team meetings where everyone is told the same thing over and over. Don't get sick or have a sick child--you are dead to management after that.
Pros
If you like "Jeans" days, then this is the job for you. It's the only way they "reward" staff for anything.
Cons
Managment, impossible case loads (2, 000-3, 000 cases per worker), negative environment.
Micro management
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2016
There is a lot of micro managing. No room for advancement. And the salary does not match the work load. The training process was better than most.
Pros
Hours were reasonable
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun coworkers
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
Working at Young Williams could be stressful at times but fun coworkers made a difference.
Management was nice and accomodating
Pros
coworker
Okay
Family Support Information Center (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 18, 2015
It was a fun job, however It lacked proper management, and I wasn't told when I started that I would be without a job at the end of the year due to the loss of a contract
Not a good place
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VaDecember 10, 2015
Everything at this job is unfavorable especially the Management. They are unreasonable, do not know the job and play favorites. Save yourself the stress, don't apply!
Pros
Holidays
Cons
This is not customer service. Your goal is to get people off the phone quickly.
customer service representative-benefits (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City MOAugust 4, 2015
If you are nice and have a heart, this is not the job for you. It doesn't matter what is going on with the call, your job is to get them off the phone quickly. You have to follow scripts and half of the time their question is not in the scripts. If it's not in scripts, you have to message a supervisor to find out what to say even if they already told you 20 minutes ago on another call.
People will yell and cuss you out and you cannot do anything about it. You are not allowed to vent or you'll get written up because "it could possibly be heard on a call." You are not allowed to hang up on them. You are also not allowed to offer a supervisor to them. You just have to sit there.
Pros
Great coworkers, I made a lot of friends working there, Also we had decorating competitions and holiday meals
Cons
The actual job itself
Busy and educational
Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  colorado springs, coloradoJune 1, 2015
Work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hospitals for medical procedures.
Ensure that health plan members receive the right procedure for their clinical situation.
Provide information to physicians with access to the latest evidence-based criteria for patients’ medical procedures.
Keep records of all interactions, transactions and comments of actions taken.
Maintain log-in, availability, monitoring and performance standards of mandatory calls per day. Everyday was different. Some days you may have walk-ins back to back. There were days you had to get your paper work out in time to go to the courts.
Pros
Helping the needs of children.
Cons
Dealing with angry customer because of child support due and no security.
It's overall a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 31, 2015
I take incoming calls for questions and concerns about child support. It varies from day to day and can be mentally exhausting. It's always a challenge, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Everyone I work for and am managed by is on point and make going to work enjoyable.
Did not provide staff with detailed job description with expectations of duties after transition from previous contractor
Interim Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 23, 2014
I was offered the position of Interim Program Manager when contract was lost by previous contractor. Offer letter stated performance would be reviewed in 60 days. There was never any information provided that I would have to reapply for the position. I was not provided this information until the job was posted. When I was let go, I was advised it was not anything I did or didn't do, and there wasn't anything that I could have done different during my employment. I was advised that YoungWilliams didn't believe a program manager from a previous contractor could be loyal to YoungWilliams.
Stressful, hostile work environment
Child Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSSeptember 20, 2014
Hands down, worst, most unorganized company I've ever worked for. Management is unknowledgeable about the job, however, they demand that you do the job and produce numbers. Nothing is explained to you by management if you ask them a question; they simply refer you to confusing hand-outs and expect you to read it and fully comprehend the topic. Your every move is watched and gossiped about. They expect you to sit all day and work without a sound or word spoken to anyone, and expect you to be productive with no burn-out.
Its is not stable
Child Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 26, 2014
This job is depressing they are not family friendly everything is about numbers they dont care is you have family emergencies they want you there rather sick or not this job is horrible management is even worse you are on their time and they are all rude from HR to cooperate..You dont want this job is stressful and no one know what they are doing and the pay is not good you do to much for little pay
Medical claims are not hard to process
Child Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 29, 2014
Anyone wanting to learn how to process medical claims, this is the place to learn.
very stressful and unfair
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  martinsville, vaMarch 31, 2014
the management for the company is awesome and very great to work with although the only downfall that is what's made me decide to no longer work for the company is strick handle time. Management requires to get phone agents to get the customer off the phone in under then 4 minutes & 30 seconds (no exceptions or excuses) all because they don't get paid for any calls over that time frame.
They don't care about quality, how great of a call agent you may be or other details, as long as you're rushing the callers off the phone in under than 4:30, you're okay in their book. They send out roughly about 20-30 emails daily to all agents showing their current handle time and telling you to get your time down.
Just think, this is regarding child support. Most callers want to vent, have concerns that need to be looked into, or general concerns in which we are required to rush all the callers off the phone regardless of the situation. How pathetic is that.
I've worked at many call centers in my past and again, they treat you well with other things such as 10 hours pto every month from day 1 and benefits and the hours are 7am - 6pm mon-friday but it was too stressful with the handle time. I'd rather feel important to a job than to be forced to treat the customers/callers wrong than to stay with the company.
Pros
great management, pto time off every month
Cons
poor handle time requirements
The atmosphere of this job makes a FANTASTIC work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work is answering somewhat difficult phone calls. The management and staff both will work with you until you feel you are ready to answer calls by yourself. Not only did I learn how to effectively talk to callers without seeing them face to face, but I learned how to get a good talk time, multi task, and empathize with callers. Management is the best management I have ever had in my life. They go ABOVE AND BEYOND to make you feel confident! Mistakes you may make are taken care of with either personal or group meetings each week which makes it really easy to keep track and learn from mistakes. There was never a dull moment in the break room there! Everyone is so friendly and usually the whole room was in laughter. The hardest part of the job is not taking the call personally. This sounds very difficult, but you learn to keep all calls in your cubicle and not take your work home with you. If you get a hard call, take a breath and move on. It's not likely that you will talk to the same caller again. The most enjoyable part of this job is the encouragement from everyone around you. Again, everyone goes above and beyond to make this place a great place to work and to look forward to work everyday.
Pros
Snack days, great staff, you have your own cubicle
Cons
Sometimes difficult calls
Stressful workplace, low salary, unreal expectations.
Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 23, 2012
The job was a very low salary for the workload given and stress involved. Very little training and high turnover of employees due to nature of the job.
Cons
stressful, low pay, unreal expectations with little to no training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YoungWilliams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4