Younkers

Younkers Employer Reviews

Shoe Stocker (Former Employee), Moline, ILJune 18, 2014
Management talks down to you. They let there positions go to there heads. And part-time works get treated badly
busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 16, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: not healthy food
The bosses were never on the same page. They are not always about promoting with in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Marinette, WIMay 20, 2014
The hardest part is trying to deal with crabby customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to work with on a daily basis.
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Holland, MIApril 30, 2014
Pleasant work environment and everyone works together to take care of the customers.
At work
Cashier (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAApril 14, 2014
Sold jelwery to customers, took jelwery out of cases at night to put them in the safe. cleaned all class cases
Very busy, fun place to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grandville, MIApril 7, 2014
Pros: discount to use in the department store, free lunches during certain sales
Cons: not enough hours
There is no typical day at work. Every day is different. It all just depends on what customers you get that day, and what tasks the manager has planned for you. That is the best part of the job that there is quite a bit of variety.
Fun Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Gratiot, MIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: discount, flexibility
Cons: unloading trucks, early sales
Department store, basic entry level place to start work in high school. They work with your schedule, give raises, offer benefits after you work full time.
retail
Sales associate (Former Employee), Holland, MIMarch 22, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: 45 min breaks, management
working for younkers was fun when i first started but the management was not very friendly nor helpful when needed. i worked in the childs department and shoes ringing customers up, answering phones,places orders,sale set,restocking merchandise,cleaning out fitting rooms.
high energy, slightly stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 20, 2014
typical day at work you can expect to put away at least 50 garments of clothing from each designer in your section. customers are kind for the most part but there are the few that are not nice to help. always on your feet.
Productive, fun and happy employees
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: long breaks, friendly employees
A typical day at Younkers usually consisted of cleaning and stocking the back room, unless it was busy! I learned how to multi task and I learned how to interact with customers better. I was surrounded by such helpful and motivated employees so it made it easier. I enjoyed talking to the customers and helping them find what they were looking for!
Busy but slow workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Moline, ILJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: its easy to find shift coverage
Cons: horrible managers, short breaks, no advancement
Management was terrible and no advancement in the company. You work your butt off for nothing and no one appreciates it. I would never recommend anyone to work there. Its really stressful and too much gossip.
Customer Service and Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 5, 2014
This job was a fast paced in a department store. You met a lot of people and were able to help them with their needs. The hardest part of this job was the management and the different types of clicks there were between the departments. Some people were favored over others and then treated better then others. I really liked the customers that came in. – more... They would always make me laugh. I really liked working with the bride and groom when they were coming in to register for their wedding gifts. – less
I love the people I work for and with but I think its time for somthing with more oppertunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Holland, MIJanuary 4, 2014
-Very busy and always something to do
-I learned how to open and close registers and how to deal with a large amount of money
-My managers are very nice and no how to do there jobs well
-I work with mostly hard and nice workers
-The hardest part of my job is not having a set schedule
-The most enjoyable part and helping customers and giving them good – more... customer service – less
fun seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bay City, MIDecember 15, 2013
not a fan of retail hours, but it was a fun seasonal job, never a dull moment
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jackson, MIDecember 10, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: low pay, not enough hours
I work with customers on a daily basis. I organize and put away clothes, worked with the POS system, open/close the registers, and set sales. I have learned how to work and communicate with a variety of personalities. The hardest part of my job is when I see a customer upset over something; such as when their coupons don't work. The most enjoyable part – more... of my job is seeing and interacting with new people every single day. – less
LOVE IT
Sales (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IANovember 15, 2013
I would probably be still working at Younkers if it was for the fact that when I started I was only a Junior in high school so driving 30 miles away from my home town up there for only 3 hours of work 3 days a week was only paying me to drive up there.
Satisfactory
Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 12, 2013
Pros: no heavy lifting, decent pay to work ratio.
Cons: not an ideal job for someone reserved and hesitant toward confrontation.
Working with Younkers Loss Prevention, it was a great job to build skills, work in a team environment and engage law enforcement from time to time. Leadership was very supportive, and co-workers are typically helpful accomplishing your mission.
Depressing environment and no advancement opportunities
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Green Bay, WINovember 5, 2013
Pros: loss prevention wages were competitive, employee discount a plus
Cons: technology is seriously lacking. hours can be cut without notice
As middle management positions have been eliminated in a financially challenging time, opportunities for advancement are pretty scarce unless you are willing to relocate great distances. Management training program is poor, as funding is not available. Budgets for any parties, lunches or events have been eliminated. Store morale is very low and expectations – more... are high. I really loved some of the people there, who were able to stay positive in spite of the circumstances. – less
Worst company to work for!
associate (Former Employee), Des MoinesOctober 15, 2013
Pros: always busy
Cons: bad management, bad pay, not flexible at all
Where to begin... The management was so messed up. They were power hungry and mean. Expectations are unrealistic, and the emphasis on credit ruins the whole day and customers get so irritated. Do not come here if you are a hard worker. They do not reward you. Good luck getting time off here. They say they have flexible scheduling. Pffftt....You better – more... know if you are going to need a day off like a month ahead:( Good luck getting any time off. The negativity in the work environment is overpowering. Nobody is happy there. It isn't uncommon to see at least one coworker crying everyday from the stress. They run the store all wrong. One is expected to wait on the customers, keep the department clean, and clean the dressing rooms every half hour. You are often alone the entire day too. And don't even get me started on how terrible the pay is! – less
Holidays are tremendous
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: too many people for too few clerks and dressing rooms
A typical day for a sales clerk is move, move, move if you are busy. Fitting rooms, sales and returns encompass the entire time on the floor.

1 2 3 4

About Younkers

Younkers, Inc. is a full-line department store chain which offers fashion, apparel, housewares, furniture and other merchandise. – Read more