Your Part-Time Controller, LLC

Your Part-Time Controller, LLC Employee Reviews

My 15 years at YPTC.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2015
My 15 years at YPTC have flown by! The variety of non-profit clients and their unique and interesting missions have made the work very interesting. The training is excellent. I have learned more at this job than any of the other jobs I have held.

Comment – June 1, 2015

Thanks for the kind words! Having great staff who love their work is one of the things that makes YPTC such a great place to work.

Voted one of The Best Places to Work by the Business Journal FIVE YEARS IN A ROW!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2015
I had had no work background in nonprofits. All my experience had been in the private market. I’ve found this work a little bit challenging in trying to manage my schedules for several clients. But it’s opened a whole new world to me. I’ve been involved with nonprofits in my private life through hockey clubs, but seeing what my clients do for people who are disabled, or hungry, or displaced – and the sub-par wages they work for – is amazing.

Our associates are one of a kind. If you need help with a technical questions, designing a work paper, using advanced analysis techniques, or creating an interactive dashboard, simply post the request on our intranet and there will be many responses within moments.

The training program is outstanding, both the internal process and paid external training in areas of the associate's interest. Full time associates work a 35 hour work week but most work more than that if they choose to. You are paid straight time for 35-40 hours and time and one half for hours in excess of 40 per week. Profit sharing, outstanding benefit packages and top tier vacation policies are other reasons that make Your Part-Time Controller a great place to work.

Your Part-Time Controller is a growing concern. During my tenure we have grown from about 20 employees to over 100 and expanded our footprint to include offices in New York City and Washington, D.C.

These are trying times. Funders are looking more closely at how they spend their money, and my clients are trying to stretch their dollars as best as they can. We’re trying to help them stay in existence.
  more... I’m really proud to be able to provide services to nonprofits and help them help the people they’re serving.

It’s been a real eye-opener for me. YPTC is a family environment. Everyone is willing to help out everyone else. Eric and Jen are very considerate of your work-life balance. They’ve got a great deal of concern for the employees. I started out with three weeks’ vacation and about two-and-a-half-weeks of paid holidays, sick and personal time: no one else does that! They took a chance on me, and I’ll always be grateful for the opportunity to learn another type of accounting.
Pros
Satisfying work, work-life balance, great benefits and co-workers
Cons
managing multiple client schedules

Comment – June 1, 2015

Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments - and for your years of service!

Fulfilling work with non-profit clients.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Center City PhiladelphiaFebruary 13, 2015
Every day at work is a good day! My clients appreciate the work that I do to keep them current and on top of their finances.I appreciate helping non profit organizations fulfill their mission by giving them timely, accurate financial reports.

I am constantly learning, both informally on the job, and formally with YTPC provided professional development and 3rd party professional development, with costs reimbursed by YPTC.

My managers and coworkers are always available to answer questions and give feedback. Monthly staff meetings are an opportunity to see coworkers and share what we have experienced with our clients, and get updates on our ever expanding client base.

Even though I have a full client load, the job is pretty much 9-5, and no weekend work, much different from previous positions where overtime was expected and not compensated. On the occasion that I do work over a 35 hour week, I am compensated for any extra time over 35 hours.

If YPTC had an employee motto, it would be:
Work to live, not live to work!
Pros
competitive salary and benefits, bonuses, incentive vacation time - best job ever!!
Cons
None. I have no complaints!

Comment – June 1, 2015

That's right - we practice what we preach. Our staff means everything to us, and we do our very best to make sure everyone has the right balance of work for themselves so that they can have time for life outside of work. It's a win-win. Happy staff stay and make happy clients.

Thanks for sharing!

Finally a Dream Accounting Position
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2015
Work with clients in your geographic region that match your skill set. Create your own reports and dashboards. YPTC has a 35 work week and you get paid for working more than 35 hours! Earn commissions for new clients and employees. Make your own schedule...YPTC does not micro-manage. However, the entire team is available in an instant if needed. Lots of training is provided!
My Dream Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2015
YPTC is an amazing place to work. I started in public accounting and I can't even describe how much better this is. I work with great people, great clients, and the best bosses you could ever hope to have. I finally have the "work-life balance" everyone talks about - I work 35 hour weeks (and get paid overtime if I work more than that, which is rare), I have the ability to go part-time easily if need be, and I have a support system from all my coworkers that I can reach out to at a moment's notice. It's also very rewarding to work with nonprofit organizations, because I actually feel like I'm making a difference in the world (not an easy task for an accountant).I plan to stay at YPTC until I retire!
Pros
Great work-life balance, I work with amazing people, I have a great support system, I'm making a difference in the world, great benefits, a ton of awesome perks, 4-7 weeks of PTO (depending on how long you've been there)
Cons
Some stressful situations (but there is always someone there to help you through it), Requires self-discipline because no one is looking over your shoulder at your work, so if you need a lot of supervision then this probably isn't the job for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Your Part-Time Controller, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7