Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. Employee Review

View all Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. reviews

Rewarding Experience
TSS (Former Employee) –  Franklin/Tri-CountyJanuary 10, 2013
I had the ability to work with YAP in two different programs. While I found that they were culturally diverse the company ran on the same basic morals, values, and beliefs. I found my job to be very rewarding and enjoyed being able to work with children on the spectrum in an influential manner. I also found it rewarding to be able to assist their parents and community members in understanding the behavior the child was displaying and offering interventions on how to make them positive experiences instead of negative ones. Both times that I have to "quit" my job was not an easy transition for me, nor was it an easy decision to make as I truly enjoyed the company and the work that was given to me.
Pros
rewarding experience, full time work, competitive pay, excellent management
Cons
not pto/vacation, benefits were not desireable, occasional aggression

Other Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun work place, not a lot of room for advancement
DAY TREATMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PANovember 15, 2017
Good starting job right out of college. Stressful at times because you work with at risk youth and their families. Work environment is positive with a great team.
Pros
Paid time off, Working with youth and their familes.
Cons
Second shift, No room for advancement
Tss
TSS (Therapeutic Support Staff) (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PANovember 13, 2017
I helped kids and adults acclimate themselves on a day to day basis, If they needed assistance getting dressed or just having a fun day,I would help them out.