Youth Consultation Services Employee Reviews

Varies within agency
Teacher (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 8, 2015
Inconsistent management and lack of respect for employees in some divisions. Minimal pay increases every two or three years.
no room for growth
Personal Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 29, 2015
The management is very demanding and show little to no positive reinforcement. Co workers are all very hard working. hardest part of the job is dealing with management.
Quite the mixed bag..
Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 18, 2015
This place has it's ups and downs. On the bright side: work can be pretty flexible, and job security isn't really something you have to worry about too much. But the pay leaves quite a bit to be desired (granted this is a non-profit) and management is like Russian Roulette.
Most enjoyable part
Family Preservation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJJanuary 16, 2015
The most enjoyable aspect of this company is working with the children in need who benefit greatly from the various services provided from staff.
Pros
health care, flexible schedule
Cons
high staff turnover
Social work intern
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 26, 2014
great supportive work environment, flexible hours, and I even got a stipend as an intern!
Client focussed
Adolescent Development Program (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 11, 2014
A great and safe environment for clients to reach their full potential. A very dedicated and hard working staff. Offers a variety of services for clients.
Fun Workplace
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJFebruary 20, 2014
Its a great place to work. Great people. Great management. Can learn a lot from working there.
Easy going workplace
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 16, 2014
A typical day at work for me consist of assuring the unit is ran in a safe and orderly manner overnight. It's my duty to do daily room checks and log information in the log book very 15 minutes.
Pros
night shift, residents are asleep
Cons
i don't really get a chance to build a rap ore with the residents due to the time i report to work.
Good Job
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 10, 2014
It was a hectic job but I loved it, I loved working with the kids and the staff were very friendly I learned a lot everyday
not for me
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJFebruary 3, 2014
YCS was not a good company to work for due to the lack of management skills.

Want to know more about Youth Consultation Services?

Ask a question
1st job
Family Preservation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJNovember 9, 2013
Provide direct treatment/counseling services to high risk families requiring intensive services. Perform in-field work to conduct in-home counseling, assess family needs during crisis, and refer families to community resources after intervention. Document interventions and services provided to the family daily. Communicate with DYFS workers and supervisors about families referred to the program and about families’ progress and/or emergencies.
Daily Routine
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  new brunswickOctober 31, 2013
A typical day at work would be me checking all areas of the facility. Make sure everything is clean and accounted for; then read through all logs and important documents. I instruct all employees on the shift of there responsibilities and monitor all activity, that is going on in the facility. Once the shift is approaching the end my employees and I complete all documentation and clean the entire area. I learn a great deal throughout the day, such as how to make everyone co-exist. The hardest part of the job is the amount of hours that I work which is sixteen. The most enjoyable part is knowing I am helping someone in need.
Pros
communication, report writing, leadership, & fast learner
Cons
advanced math
One of the best jobs I've ever had...
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJOctober 17, 2013
Each day almost always threw a curve ball, but that is the nature of working with children with behavioral, psychological, and emotional issues. The job could become stressful, and could cause burn out without some type of positive release. The staff generally takes care of each other and the management is extremely fair. I was exposed to a lot of great training that ranged from problem solving and team building to de-escalation and passive restraints. Hardest part of the job was leaving the stress behind and getting too attached to the clients, and the best part was the staff and the work environment.
Pros
good pay, pleasant staff, fun work environment
Cons
emotionally taxing
Great skills buildng environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 14, 2013
The most enjoyable part t this job was experiencing the change evolution of the clients.
Pros
work hours
Cons
limited growth possibilites and intense responsibility
Working with fellow team members are fun
Situational Response Team (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJSeptember 28, 2013
I was a srt team member and the traveling they tell you youre supposed to do often only applies to particular people while other were treated special and kept local. Supervisors were rude including SRT supervisors. They were last minute with almost everything including schedules and coverage. will definitely be stuck in a double shift often. Kids are barely regulated at many sites you go to work. Team will throw you under the bus in a minute to cover their own butts.
Pros
ot is often. trips to amusements and parties are often with residents
Cons
mangement. job security, and everything else
unorganized
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJSeptember 26, 2013
The work environment was ok. The staff and management was some what helpful. It was a little to unorganized for me
Clients are the best part of my job!
Therapist/Clinician (Current Employee) –  Somerdale, NJJune 14, 2013
I love working with my clients, I can't imagine doing anything else with my life!
goog employment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerdale, NJFebruary 13, 2013
good place of employment good management good pay hard to get FT
It's okay
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vineland,NJDecember 17, 2012
It's a decent place to work. However, it's very hard to build a career from the residential assitnat standpoint.
Clinical supervison is good. Staff are supportive to one another but it is an extremely intense work environment.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 15, 2012
Very clinically intensive work environment. Strong clinical supervison and supportive staff. Work load is very high.