Youth Home Employee Reviews

workplace culture
Residential treatment counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 17, 2017
A diverse population in age, race, gender, and religious practices all working towards common goal of functioning behavior. People of all walks, such as residential treatment counselors working with teens between ages of 12-17, to assist youth to becoming better functioning adults with little to no misconduct.
security guard
Residential Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 24, 2017
The pay is not good at all. I was moved post more than once. to help someone else out they didn't think about me. I was moved 45 minutes out because someone else didn't have a car they was not a fair company.
Pros
working alone
Cons
not a forsure thing
Some great coworkers who care about the kids.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 3, 2016
Too much micromanagement of superficial things; not enough emphasis on important aspects of care. Lack of communication is a big problem. The salaries are too low for the amount of work & responsibility of the job. Patients will attack you when they get angry & out of control. I worked hard, but felt like just another warm body. No backup from management whatsoever.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Very low pay.
Wrok environment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2016
Youth Home has provided me with several skills in risk management as well as work with different personalities. Youth Home is great work environment, with people that cares about there work about the children who needs help with daily life struggles.
Wonderful Workplace!
Mental Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2016
Great people to work with management are great and the job is rewarding and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was leaving and missing working with the clients.
Pros
co-workers easy to work with
Cons
No advancement opportunties
Rewarding work in caring environment
Residential Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 18, 2016
It's not just a job, but a way of life! We care about the people we serve. The job is sometimes challenging, but it is always rewarding.
Benefits
Cons
Diversity
Good Job
RTC (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 2, 2016
Good Company to work for you can gain a lot of mental health experience and it will help you be able to work with people. Great staff, good bosses and a positive atmosphere.