Youth Uprising Employee Reviews in United States

Great company for youth to get a better chance in life with or without a high school diploma
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 9, 2016
Awesome days at work, learning different types of things everyday. Management is great because its built from the ground up self made. My co-workers were just a great as me. The hardest part about the job is actually getting the youth to participate in all activites, but the most enjoyable part is knowing that I made an impact on a childs life that day.
Fun work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 11, 2016
Youth Uprising is great because when I first came to Youth Uprising I didn't know was going to work here. When they ask me to work with them I was shock because I never herd someone ask me to work for them. When I started I got to meet my co-workers and had a good relationship with them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Ok place for young adults to work
Landscaping/Janitorial Trainee (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 11, 2016
A non profit organization who uses the folks from proverty to do dirty work. They don't appreciate people, if you don't have kids they believe u shouldn't be working there.
Cool place to work, family envornment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 26, 2015
It was a great place to work at, as my first summer job. A typical day at work was coming in, getting a massive amount of coffee, writing down our group's ideas or having a bigger meeting involving the whole staff/everyone else. I learned that poor people resort to crime for money and cities where crime is a problem are not self sustaining financially. Management was professional yet relaxed, everyone knew the woman who runs the company. My co workers were fellow high school students or recent graduates, and other youth. The hardest part of the job was... leaving, because it was a really cool place to work, where it felt like a family, a very tight knit community.
Pros
Realness
Cons
It was a beginner's job, no real cons
Busy, Crazy, Funfilful day
Phone Banker/Community Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 20, 2015
Working for this company helpd me with my customer service and also my speed. Working in this type of enviorment is very good.
Pros
Time went by fast
Cons
Teammates
productive envioment with great job expiriences that also allows children and young adults an enviroment to get away.
Junior staff (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 13, 2015
Youth Uprising is a great place to go for youth to go get things done. Youth Uprising provides a lot of things from education to job trainings. Its a good way for youth to get away and get jobs to provide for them or their family.
Pros
jobs, education programs, and the staff.
Cons
healthcare, short hours, not a lot of money for two weeks
Engaging and proactive environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 15, 2015
Working hard is a must no job should be just easy. Great days at work. Learned so much hands on such as finance, human resources, development, facility work and more...The management is good but wish hard work was acknowledged more and appreciate. My co-worker was always great and lots of positive energy. The hardest part of the job was getting more time off. the best part of the job was being apart of the policy events
Associate Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 18, 2015
I gained valuable work experience in administration, public speaking, data research, funding research and many transferrable skills to enhance any company that I become a staff member of.
Very fun work place working with peers and working at different work sites.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 17, 2012
A work day would be office work answering calls faxing and making copies and also greeting visitors. I learned how to work independently and to review my work for errors. Management was great and friendly.
Pros
working at different work sites.
Cons
no benefits, temporary work
Outgoing and taking charge
YU Lead (Former Employee) –  oakland caJuly 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be coaching the kids on responsibility and being a leader. learning how to work with all kinds of children with different needs. Overall my job was the best it allowed me to connect with younger kids and be looked up to as a mentor.
Youth Uprising
Team Leader /Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 30, 2013
A typical day at work, is greting to co-workers, clock-in, get the truck ready with rakes, push brooms, lawnmower, weed eater, etc. for our daily routine. What i learned from working with Youth Uprising is taking the intiative is something i have to do a lot, mostly cause the management is suffering from lack of communication. Co-workers aren't gaining the decent amount of skills for the job because the assigned supervisors don't have enough hands on knowledge to show team workers the proper way.
Pros
working at the center in my community
Cons
working with people from my community
Positive vibes only
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Youth Uprising and dealing with the students. It was an amazing experience creating bonds with kids ages 14-18 with different backgrounds. Overall working Front Desk was a pleasure with tasks of normal duties.
Loved this workplace environment.
Lanscaper/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 7, 2015
• Mowed or edged lawns, using power mowers or edger
• Cared for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls
• Provided proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, or other ground features
• Serviced, cleaned, or supplied restrooms
• Cleaned building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
• Cleaned windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees
Love with with the community and doing purposeful work!
Administrative Assistant/Janitor/Youth Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 12, 2015
Youth driven outreach center located in east Oakland Ca, next door to high school. LOL Working there was an amazing time I really learned lots. My co-workers were great the youth we served were even better always respectful and lots of energy and yes A learning experience. Very Greatful for youth Uprising
Excellent place for advancement
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 12, 2012
Youth Uprising was an amazing place to work for. I learned and became an Administrative Assistant, there I created and managed a filing system for personal. I was responsible for answering phone lines and taking detailed voice messages, general office support. The co-workers were friendly and polite even though I was the only girl that didnt stop me from succeeding.The hardest part would of been when I had to leave due to work shortage. Overall it was a nice learning atmosphere and I would love to do it again.
Pros
lunch with co-workers
Cons
had to leve due to work shortage
Productive Fast Pace & Fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 23, 2014
I loved my experince with youth uprising. It was such a growing place for me. I learned so much with the amazing people there. Even the youth I worked with I learned a few things
Very productive and clean work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 21, 2014
Work was good everyday except for the slow co-workers i had,,i learned ow to make spread sheets.The job was very easy once i got the spread sheets together. the best part was my manager who didnt mind helping at all.
Pros
breakfast, lunch was right on campus.
Actively involved with community engadgement
Social Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 25, 2014
Everyday was a challenge, and a pleasure, working with the youth of Oakland.
Pros
people helping people
Cons
constant managerial changes
Very Productive and Exciting Place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CaMarch 8, 2012
Youth Uprising, Is a very adventurous enviroment to work in , at times it feels like you are on the cutting edge of Community Transformation.
Pros
laid back work atomosphere
Cons
enviroment.
serious work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 2, 2014
I learned how to cook and clean parts of the cafe
My co-workers fun people to be around
I enjoyed makinking different stuff at the cafe
Pros
pay-well
Cons
not enough hours

4.3