Youth Villages Employee Reviews

productive work place
Teacher Counselor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2017
wonderful work place with serving people and having fun while doing. I learn to work hard for what you want out of life. Hardest part of the job is to work a whole full day.
MST Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 8, 2017
YV is a company who focuses on ensuring that staff feel supported,very understanding of staffs personal lives with the common goal to impact families.
Pros
reinbursment is great, i enjoy the flexible schedule
Cons
inconsistnecy within the company, there is a lot of change, difficult to fire staff that are damaging to the company
Good experience, but at what cost?
Multi-Systemic Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2017
One of the most stressful jobs ever. Work/life balance was non existent and expectations were unrealistic. Days were long and clients were complicated
Great work environment
Overnight Teacher Counselor/TFACTS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 8, 2017
Great company to work with unfortunately there is no opportunity for advancement in my position currently. I have been employed with this company for 10 years. I have been trained in many areas. Hardest part of this job is to say goodbye. Most enjoyable part of this job is that i was apart of helping families live better together
Pros
helping others
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Good entry-level job for new graduates in social service field!
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 6, 2017
I would recommend this job to people that are graduating and do not have children. This job is alright for people who have children, but they must have a good, strong support system. You will gain a lot of experience while working on this job. I say, if youth can work her for two years or more, you can work anywhere.
Pros
Competitive salary, flexible work schedule
Cons
fast-paced, struggles with work-life balance
nOt a good place to work, management are crazy and will not help you get the kids to behave better
Teacher Counselor-Full time (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2017
I believe that management encourages these kids to act crazy as long as they can get paid for keeping them there. They make the teacher counselors job very difficult. They ensure the kids that there will be no discipline for their actions
Pros
you get an hour lunch
Cons
Management are crazy
Worst experience
Family Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 31, 2017
I am an MSW with lots of experience & this was by far the worst job I've ever had. The supervision staff play politics every day. They do not have your back EVER. You are on-call ALL of the time; for example if you have a kid that runs away 2 counties over on a weeknight, you have to drive there and try to find them instead of calling the police. This place is the worst.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Fun and energetic palce to work
Overnight Teacher Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 24, 2017
Working for Youth villages there is no two days the same. It was a privilege and honor working with the youth in the community of Nashville. I was a key member of the support staff that enriched the lives of Nashville's youth.
Pros
Learning ans building young lives
Cons
rate of pay
Teacher Counselor (Former Employee) –  Linden, TNMay 24, 2017
When you talk about working with adolescent males who have already established their at-risk status, it's never a dull moment. You have to be ready for anything.
unorganized
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAMay 23, 2017
I learned a lot working at this establishment but I don't feel like the girls were being helped. The needs of the girls were not being met I felt like it was about money. The staff was not as culturally aware nor understanding as they should have been and that harms the girls. I loved helping the girls and the girls love me because I listened and cared for them. You don't find many staff like that.
Pros
growth with the girls
Cons
unorganization and unprofessional staff
Case Management
Family Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 21, 2017
Work requires intensive case management and coordination with families for at risk children, adolescents, and youth. Expect to drive at least 40-60 miles per family.
Na
Transitional Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2017
Youth Villages offers many services to children and families that may need additional support in achieving a higher quality of life. Though the workload can be overwhelming, it is rewarding.
Love the people I worked with
TEACHER COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 14, 2017
I enjoy working at youth villages. It is a very rewarding job. The people I work with make it more fun and much more enjoyable. I look forward to walking into work everyday.
very awesome company
Family Interventionist Specialist Full Time (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2017
The company is great with excellent
benefits. The atmosphere
is great with excellent teaching of the model. I have no complaint of this job. Non traditional hours.
Fun and diverse place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 11, 2017
Youth Villages was a very fun and nice place to work when i first began my journey with the company and even years later after being promoted to other positions. A typical day would just be a day where you come expected the worst but you may actually get the best with no issues but you could come in the next day and get the worst. Its all about how you personally can deal with it. You just got to get in your zone and build a relationship with the youth and work with them and for them to ensure you are doing what the company motto says all at the same time ensuring you are following all rules, laws, and regulations. I loved working for the company but others may feel totally different from me. Yea i worked allllllooooot of hours but hey knowing what I'm set out to do everyday i walked in that building and the impact i had on some of the youth just by listening and giving them that attention they wanted was worth all the hours i put in. No i don't work for the company anymore and yes i feel like my reasoning could have been handled differently, i have nothing negative to say about the company overall because i loved what i did daily and i love what the company is about!
Pros
Fun activit├ęs, discounts, opportunities
Cons
Hours worked
Child Counselor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 10, 2017
A typical day of work is getting up going to work and working with staff and families. I learned a lot from my co workers. the work culture is positive
Pros
staff
Cons
staff
Family Therapist
FAMILY COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNMay 8, 2017
Provided mobile intensive in-home counseling to families who have an at-risk child; including treatment planning and triage services.
Provided liaison services between the child's family, court personnel and school staff; establishing open communication and building partnerships.
Interesting
Teacher Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 7, 2017
On a good day you are getting paid to spend time with kids and hope that sound advice sinks in. On a bad day you could be dealing with things many people are not prepared for.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
16 hour day on the weekend
Difficult to maintain work/life balance
Family Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 6, 2017
What you're told in interview is not what you will be doing and working.
Difficult to maintain any social or home life while working with this company.
TONS of trainings that include being away from family for long periods of time.
Working with families in all different environments and supervisor's do not always support your beliefs of what should be done and worked on with family.
Specialist's are not always supported with their feelings and beliefs.
Job Description is not what you will be doing.
Drive over 3 counties at a time and can be up to 3,000+ miles per month.
Pros
Advancement shortly available - thus the lack of quality in management
Youth Villages
Transitioning Living Supervisor, MSW (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 3, 2017
Youth Villages is a great opportunity for anyone who is beginning their employment search. Youth Villages offers a flexible schedule, but sometimes demanding hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Villages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4