yp

It's a grind
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2014
Pros: work life balance is great
Cons: changing comp plans and some under performing products
Great atmosphere and great people. If you want to make money selling digital advertising, this is a great place to work. It's a competitive industry but YP has alot of potential in this growing field.
It's a grind
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2014
Pros: work life balance is great
Cons: changing comp plans and some under performing products
Good money, No Job Security
Sales (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: will fire you quick and if you do well they will fire you later. sell early, sell often or they will fire you but they will probably fire you anyways.
Requires a ton of cold calling.
Takes creativity to hold a potential customer interests.
Have to come up with your own call lists.
OK
Account Executive (Former Employee), Appleton, WINovember 4, 2014
Pros: great advertising platform
Cons: poor work/life balance
YP has a fantastic advertising platform. In my opinion they are switching from a culture of order takers to consultative sales and are not allowing Account Executives the time necessary to build the strong customer relationships that are going to be needed in order to grow business well into the future.
Innovated Company focused on growing business.
Premise Sales Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Great company to work for; help to bring me to the place that I am now. Looking for another place to learn and continue to grow.

Most enjoyable part of the job: the customers. We have great customers and strive to give the best customer service to them!
Challenging, Fun and Exciting workplace environment
Media Consultant (B2B Outside Sales Rep) (Current Employee), Wichtia, KSOctober 27, 2014
I truly enjoy my time at YP! I highly respect my management and feel I have received excellent training and development during my employment. Now I am ready and prepared to advance to the next stage of my life where I hope to find a career home where I can continue to be challenged and grow with the company as it grows.
Fun place to work
Search Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
NAa typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of
Mint Health
Data Entry (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great hours, great co workers
Work is easy going with a healthy environment. Great entry level position.
Terrible boss! Leads by fear and bullying!
Digital Advertising Sales Executive (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: pay, commissions, tools to use, etc.
Cons: management leads by fear and constantly threatens with firing
The job itself is not bad but it is stressful. Pay is good and bonus structure is great but if customer is non pay they take back your bonus and commissions. The Harrisburg Office has the worst management I've ever seen. Terrible boss.
Digital World of advertising.
Quality Assurance Specialist. (Current Employee), Tucker, GASeptember 15, 2014
Gives you a look into the world of the digital market. How advertisers and customers discovering new products and ways to advertise using flyers or websites.
1975 management style and infrastructure
media consultant (Former Employee), CarolinaAugust 26, 2014
Pros: didn't see any
Cons: infrastructure, management
The systems are archaic and stifle productivity. I was literally told by a sales manager to keep my contacts on an excel spreadsheet, because the internal crm's are so bad. There are no less than 15 different access points for client data and all of them vary in content. Trying to figure out what a client has, how much they pay, and previous activity – more... will CRUSH your spirits. If it doesn't, having other sales people stomp on your accounts or backsell them will. If THAT doesn't, maybe having a sales manager tell you "we have to break you down to see how much you can take," will. If it doesn't, perhaps having another sales manager stink like cigarettes and booze every day will. If you haven't seen the movie "boiler room," watch it. Yp is a 1975 style boiler room organization. – less
The Largest local search and media advertising company in North America
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2014
Great company with tons of updside. i am looknig for a change though
Fun workplace
Digital Sales Executive (Current Employee), Whitestone, NYJuly 29, 2014
Hardest part about the job was finding business owners who had enough free time to sit through another sales call. Otherwise job is very easy going.
Overall 3 Stars
Executive Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 1, 2014
Pros: nice offices
Cons: bad upper management.
Not very good overall management. Too Loose and not enough direction or goal setting. Not good customer service with many customer complaints from past experiences before I began working with YP.
Fun productive environment with unlimited earning potential
B2B Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: uncapped earning potential.
Cons: charge backs and limited selling time allowed.
My journey with YP instilled in me values that I will forever carry with me, not only within my career, but life in general. YP taught me the art of salesmanship in a way which I've never seen before and has molded me into being a quality, productive, sales person in a highly competitive market. Making money was the most enjoyable part of the job.
College Job
A/V Tech (Former Employee), OklahomaJune 29, 2014
On Campus college job, was fun and always changing. Not much of an opportunity for advancement seeing how its for students.
great place to work for
Employment time with YP.com (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 18, 2014
wonderful company.. I walked away with a lot of useful knowledge that I have carried with me until this day
Great
Telephone Account Executive (Current Employee), dallasMay 30, 2014
Amazing company. Worked in t sales 1 year. coworkers were fine. competitive environment. low base pay
Productive workplace with emphasis on PRODUCTION
Graphic Designer / Web Content Editor (Former Employee), Tucker, GAMay 30, 2014
Pros: not enough
Cons: too many to list
Compensation as well as job/life balanced was poorly managed and as company grew and explored growths employee turnover increase and morale dropped to the floor. Events and activities were not enough to hang in there.
The Truth Be Know---Hostile Environment - Cut Throat Management
Account Executive (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2014
Cons: hostile work environment, poor management, unethical
Since YP Holdings bought the company in 2012, the culture changed for the worse. Upper Management set unrealistic expectations, Upper Management trained lower level managers to create a fearful and hostile environment. Poor leadership style, and cut throat. Company constantly changing KPI sales quotas daily. Too many daily threats by management that – more... if you don't do this and don't do that you will be written up or fired. Not a good company to work for with daily threats and fear of loosing your job. The company does not care about the customers they only care about the almighty dollar. Management performs unethically and truly treats employees with disrespect. – less

1 2 3