yp

yp Employee Reviews

Fun fast-paced environment
Business Account Executive (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 18, 2015
Fast paced environment with healthy competition. Pay for performance pay structure which encouraged sales. Consultations with business owners and presenting advertising campaigns to draw ideal customers.
independant job
phone bookdelivery (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOJune 1, 2015
Pros: independant working hours
Cons: all the walking
bag all the books and advertisements (if any), load vehicle, keep track of paper work, map out route, get to pick co-workers if i wanted any, hardest part of the job was all the walking that had to be done
fun work environmnet
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Monroe, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: free partys at work
Cons: benifits
very hard workers. great environment to work in. Very unpredictable staff. I would not recommend anyone to work there, I was laid off the future is unpredictable.
Great Benefits and Schedule. Great Learning Enviornment
Account Executive/Sales Rep (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2015
Pros: Sales Contests, Time Off, High Commissions, Monday thru Friday
Cons: Low Salary, Sales Reps Owe the Company from Lost Revenue, Some Accounts Contain Loss That Rep Is Unable To Fight, Pay Very Unstable
A typical day at work is to call on existing advertisers that have been assigned to you, and selling/managing their accounts. We have daily/monthly/quarterly goals for dollar amount sold, as well as attempted phone calls. In the midst of all this we are also responsible for calling on prospects and selling new products.

I've learned a lot about how online advertising works and the importance it has for a business to succeed. I've learned how to interact with people that I will most likely never meet face to face, and putting myself in a position to have them listen to me, and buy products from me.

My personal Manager is great! She has been a lot of fun and an absolute joy to work with.

My co-workers are fun loving and willing to help out whenever they can. We can usually rely on each other to help with sales, and making customers happy.

The hardest part of our job would definitely be working with customers that are upset or want to cancel. When customers cancel or reduce the amount they spend, the loss in revenue is charged to the Sales Rep, and then we must fill that gap with new product sales. Some times the loss comes out in great quantities and pulling yourself out of that hole is difficult.

I love our schedule, and I love making a sale. I love working with customers that are willing to listen and feel confident enough in my product knowledge to buy from me.
Get it Together
Account Executive (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: Weekends off.
Cons: Commissions, Upper Management
Clueless management. Way too much turnover. Way too many meetings. Commissions never paid on time or correctly. Local markets don't have any time to prospect for sales.
Productive Workplace
Digital Ad Operations (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free snacks - love the veggies and hummus and nuts & fruit!
Still quite green and working on getting into a groove so not able to fully assess well yet. Wasn't planning on doing a review asap when attempting to sort out my profile here!

Most enjoyable: the creativity required with copywriting and image manipulation in making the websites look as terrific as possible.

Learning about SEO and hope to learn more.

Downside: everyone is over-busy. Things are always changing, so much so it feels hard to keep up?

Exciting to be a part of so much being launched though, so it seems like it has great potential.

CEO has a lovely welcome video during orientation.
This used to be a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee), AlabamaMay 17, 2015
Pros: A pay check
Cons: Job security, and stress
When AT&T owned this company there was some sort of job security now that it has been sold to a holdings company your job could end in a blink of an eye. Managers are leaving left and right and there is no upward movement. The stress alone will kill you. There is no future here.
A digital company that is a top 30 web property
Directory Sales Representative, Premise (Current Employee), South Georgia RegionMay 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: excessive long term travel
Great for a person that loves to be in front of people, allows for creativity, and personalized solutions for your customers.
Highly stressfull and unorganized but otherwise great
Digital Marketing, Account Executive - Advertising (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great employees, fun environment
Cons: Hard to earn money, chargebacks, unorganized, high stress
They try really hard to make it fun for us and give us incentives. Their new compensation plan however, blows. It is too difficult to get back ahead and they have a bad business practice of charging you for customers cancellations.
A fast-paced, sales driven environment.
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 5, 2015
A very rewarding and tough job! Advertising sales is not for the faint of heart or mind! Must be able to learn quickly and shift focuses easily. Farm new businesses and manage existing business relationships.
Large Company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Wishy Washy on policies
Changes occur more than they probably should, very large company with a lot going on behind the scenes. Is a good company to work for especially for the experience.
YP
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Watsonville, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: too much paperwork, not enough sales time with customers
When AT&T sold their yellow pages business to YP, the culture of positive working environment declined. Constant manager turnover and turnover of key administrative staff, increased paper work for sales team.
Great products-insecure future
Digital Media Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good suite of products
Great products, but very insecure place to work due to restructuring. Management position is good until they need to reduce headcount, in which there is no logic used.
Not a good place to work!!
Lead Training Manager/Continuation Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas TXMarch 23, 2015
They are only concerned about the bottom line!! Didn't care about customer service or what was right with the customers!!
YP
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 19, 2015
• Manage company provided leads and your own leads: utilize online and offline sources to cultivate new leads.
• Drive the full sales cycle to retain and attain new business: make introductory calls (phone and face-to-face) to assess business goals through qualifying, work with business owners in YP’s platforms and advertising packages, and close the deal.
• Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
Don't work here unless you absolutely need a job!
Telephone Sales Executive (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 10, 2015
In general the new YP managed by Cerberus does a terrible job of showing any value for their employees. As example, the company changed their commission structure over the February 28th-March 1st weekend. When the sales employees came in after that weekend and checked their commissions for their March 6th paycheck, some had lost anywhere from $2,000-$3,000 off of their commissions. The company said not much of anything about what had occurred.
Awful place to work
Tax Manager (Current Employee), Tucker, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free laptop bag
Cons: no flexibility, management can take care of personal business during business hours but you can't. micromanagers.
Management is lazy. No consequences for their actions. They spend a lot of time socializing.There is no accountability. Training is inconsistent. Employees do not work together; instead they stab each other in the back.
YP: A Fast Paced and Cool Place To Work
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: bonuses, ceo trips, salary
Cons: micro managed and chargebacks
During my 5 years with YP, I was able to work in 3 different cities. I have made tons of money and networked with some of the most savvy Business Executives. The downside to working at YP is the chargeback system utilized and the company is rapidly changing. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you build a network and see results from your efforts.
The best job I've ever had.
sales executive (Current Employee), Deerfield, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: old systems to fulfill
This is the best job I have ever had! It is not easy, be prepared to hustle hard if you want to make money- 60 plus hour work weeks. But if you love what you do and are paid very well it shouldn't matter how long you are at work. If it was easy everyone would do it. The management staff have all helped me with whatever I needed. Helping small businesses is the best part of my job.
Good place to start
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Tucker, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay
A typical day for me consisted of development of various training materials and conference calls.

I learned a lot about SEO and SEM functionality;however there wasn't much professional development offered within my dept itself.

Co-workers were the best part as they were like a family and had a great manager who was not overbearing but expected the best and had the highest degree of confidence in her team

1 2 3 4 5