yp Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience to be gained
Senior Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 15, 2016
When we first transitioned away from AT&T, we worked insane hours. Accounting practices were changing monthly. I spent many nights at the office until midnight. That being said, we have spent the past three years improving and automating our accounting practice. I no longer work insane hours unless I choose to. Any accounting position is going to have cyclical times - projects, deadlines, etc but it is no longer consistently like that. We have essentially cut ties with the AT&T way of doing things and made it our own Company.

Things still do change, as we continue to improve the reporting for the split between print and digital. This does require a COA change, which we are working to make as seamless as possible.

Every person in accounting works hard, treats each other fairly, and gets along. This is not the place to come if you want a mundane, routine day, but I personally find that to be boring. I have gained an infinite amount of experience here that I would not have had the opportunity to in such a short amount of time anywhere else.
Pros
Culture, work/life balance, benefits
Cons
If you want a promotion, be prepared to earn it.
Fun and dynamic workplace
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 29, 2016
This is a fun work place for someone who likes challenges and learning new things. The people here is very friendly and team oriented. Since I started working here, I made many great friends and worked with a lot of teams. If you like the idea of a startup and stability, YP is the place to be.

The company offer its employees great benefits. Additionally, we get unlimited free snacks and drinks daily. There are always fun social events happening in our company and learning labs we called " tech Tuesdays" that all employees can learn some tech skills. There is also YP shuttle that transports employees to/from where if you live in Santa Monica area.
very productive fun loveing and energetic environment.
account executive (Current Employee) –  Henderson NevadaJanuary 13, 2016
Great and energetic environment like minded sales teams interested in getting to the money. Hardest part of the position was building your initial book (book of business) but after that, your Job would have to consist of taking care of your exciting book weather it be Increasing there monthly spend with better or improved products or even just renewing there account for another 12 month term. After you've been with the company for a while and after you have "sharpened" your marketing abilities, the company (yp) would then assign save opportunities or accounts that were at risk of cancelling. I'm proud to announce that in about a year with the company my retention rate was close to 90% with not only "saving" the client but also increasing there monthly spend with a better marketing campaign for there business.
Pros
compensation, and weekly compititions between sales flore for even more $$$
Cons
not enough oppertunity for advancement
Productive but a fun place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day would be to focus on your work to get it accomplished. It may require you to reach out to other teams to get the task completed. Schedule meetings for Executives and Directors. Gather information from senior managers for reports. Create reports, make travel plans. Assist other teams/managers with task. Use your time management skills to fill your day and get everything accomplished.
Days went by quicker when there were special events such as Halloween Contest, Company Anniversary, Falcons Day, Supporting Breast Cancer, (sponsored events) etc. I enjoyed those days when you could see others that worked in the same building where you could meet people you did not know.
Pros
Cafeteria, work life balance, and events
Cons
No growth or advancement
great training
Advertising Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 18, 2015
When I was hired by AT&T which was later turned into YP.com, i was very excited to enter the digital world and learn.

Their training was extensive it was a 4 week program away in new haven in a classroom style with different managers to teach you about every digital product they offered. it was a great way to learn and really helped.

once you start the carreer there it is constant pressure to just sell sell sell and not really much care for the customer and their needs once the deal is signed and program is up

All the help for changhing of any of the programs was done in california or atlanta and was hard to get anything done and you had to consistently nag to get one little thing changed.

the compensation was the best part i made good money but was hard to keep going when customers were consistently mistreated by the company and never got what they paid for
Digital Sales Executive!!
Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 17, 2016
The company has a really good compensation plan. High stress environment but you can make a lot of money. The training program needs improvement.
Good benefits
Publishing support representative (Former Employee) –  anaheim, caMarch 6, 2016
Good pay, good benefits, flexible schedules. Was a fun place to work. Location was eventually closed and all staff laid off.
Great place to work, co-workers were wonderful.
New Media Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2015
When first started, this was a dream job. We were paid well as long as we met and exceeded our goals, management was great as well. Once we were bought by another company, the compensation went down hill and so did the management.
Misleading
Digital Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 12, 2015
YP is very misleading to it's employees and to it's clients. I do not condone lying to business owners, especially small business owners. The training is subpar at best and the support minimal. I wouldn't recommend YP to anyone on any level of engagement.
Pros
Benefits day one
Cons
Horrible business model.
People you work with are nice
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 26, 2016
YP has different advertising products to offer and the success of the advertising depends on how much you are willing to spend.

They have awards and prizes given away time to time which tax is part of your paycheck as well.

The team you I am working with are great but hardest part of the job is customer retention. If accounts decides to cancel, it will be taken out of your commission paycheck and most of the time 50% of the accounts you are handling would like to cancel and you have to fight for that lost every time which will test how good a sales person you are.

There's not much account that you will be handling so you have to step up and make your way to get new clients.

Enjoyable part of the job is early time off from work if you reach certain amount of sales.
Pros
promos and prizes are given away, early time off from work. Work/Life balance is great.
Cons
Job security
The company as a whole has great vision for its people, its mission, business owners and their core values.
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2016
I absolutely loved working for YP. My manager was a phenomenal leader that was motivated and driven to advance his team and help them, along with business owners achieve their dreams.
However not all managers within the company are the same, I got lucky.
The growth opportunity is there in just about any position you start with.
The team I worked with was great and I built lasting relationships.
I learned a lot more about the industry I was passionate about and I learned a lot about myself as a person as well.
Don't take this review as though this is a cake job because it absolutely is not. You will work extremely hard, put in extra hours you may not be compensated for if you don't have a strong work ethic that brings results.
Family
Relief Manager / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2016
As in any organization, team work is essential to the success of its division of responsibility. The Customer Service department worked closely to the sale department, print production team and internet division.
As the organization embraced the cultural change from analog (phonebook) to digital (YP.com), we all had to take a step back to understand what was happening. As a family the San Francisco office achieved stated upper management goals.
Unfortunately, it was not enough to save our jobs. I never blamed this decision against my immediate managers. They too were in the same ship.
Productive and friendly work environment
Digital Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2016
A typical work day consisted making 100 plus phone calls or door to door calls, to business owners/decision makers. I worked both independently and with other co-workers on setting appointments as well as running appointments. Each month I closed 3-5 accounts. I enjoyed having the ability to work independently and with a co-worker because sometimes two minds are better than one. The most enjoyable part of the job was the rewards and compensation. Also, benefits were great and management was easy to get along with.
Pros
Great management and co-workers
Cons
Stress from corporate
Dallas has Fallen!!
Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2016
All the good people left, first the RVP left last year and everyone that was good left shortly after he did, managers went back to their markets they came from and the good reps left, because of the micro managing and the morale! Honestly after the RVP left, the place fell apart within 30 days and in came new management that turned the motivational, high performing and exciting Dallas Team into a depressing, micro-managed, mean morale type of environment and all the coaching and inspiration went out the door!
Pros
Other Offices!
Cons
It's just a bad place these days - the good left and it never recovered!
productive and fun place to work
Telesales Account Executive II (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALOctober 6, 2015
very lucrative position worked from 8am to 5pm seling advertising to commercial as well as local businesses. Nice and comfortable atmosphere team environment. Competitive pay and commissions capability to make a great salary
yp.com, a digital environment, a creative corporate culture
Program Manager, Real Estate Finance (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 12, 2015
yp.com is one of the leaders in local search management which offers its users the multiple benefits over its competitors.
Fast paced and productive environment with good benefits.
Senior Graphic Designer and Expediter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2016
I've been at YP for about 26 years but the print directory market is slowly becoming obsolete so I'm looking for another opportunity in the print graphics/production field. A typical day at work is expediting and participating in the production of multiple print and digital advertisements. The management team above me are very nice and fair people. I enjoyed working at YP because the type of production is exactly what I like to do.
Pros
freedom to use better methods of graphics and production, early work hours
Cons
old pc's and software
worst place i have ever worked
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2016
You wake up on a Monday for a meeting they insist on having to waste an hour of your time for things that could have been an email. You spend most of your time fixing errors and trying to get things fixed. When your product doesn't work , you do your best to save it , When it goes down and you will, now you owe the company until they take your next commission to pay off your debt. They are a bunch or crooks and liars and have unrealistic expectations of performance and their products do not work.
Pros
you make friends until they leave
Cons
your job will rob you, stress you out and lie to your face and you can't do anything about it
Fast Paced, with lots of infor to Process
Valley View Ohio Area Sales Manager Internet (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHApril 18, 2016
Crazy fast pace that is always changing. You have to adapt or else you will not keep up. You must be willing to accept change and you have to keep yourself well educated or you will become outdated. Great people to work with and constant information. Some of the systems in order fulfillment are too difficult to maneuver but they are trying to improve processes and systems.

They provide tons of training and information.
Pros
Free coffee, and game room to break away
Cons
You sometimes dont know if your position is safe with the company if you are in a management role.
Need To Know
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDAugust 22, 2016
The initial training is about a week long and that is the most training you will receive. There is no ongoing training so you are left to figure things out on your own. Great product/service however fulfillment team makes it hard to retain customers due to outsourcing of jobs in other countries, so that can affect your commission and bonus if customers aren't satisfied.
Pros
work life balance, company phone, laptop, ipad, car allowance
Cons
training, management, compensation

2.5