YRC Freight Employee Reviews

good place to work
Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 16, 2018
AS a road driver for YRC is a great job with great benefits, The management is straight forward & by the contract,, Other than that iv'e got a lot of respect for Alena & Penny Brainbridge ,, if you meet them have way & preform your work well there is no object that you can obtain, The bad part of the job is 6 days a week at 12days or more & family time is short
Pros
Good money
Cons
short time off between runs
Depressing
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Absolutely the poorest ran company in America. No discipline. No focus on the essentials, quality, customer service, safety. Lip service only. No future.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
Typical Trucking Company
Dock Records Assistant/Dock Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, GAJanuary 12, 2018
Very busy work place, loud, hectic. Can be cut throat, at least it was when I worked for them. Can be a good place but you have to be a company man/woman through and through.
better than average
driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2018
professional and capable office staff
great place to start and gain experience
the disgruntled complainers never leave
they hire some serious idiots
no major problems
Pros
lots of experienced people to learn from
Cons
lots of knuckle dragging cavemen
Excellent
Oracle SCM Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 10, 2018
Great environment to work with their client. Project was stressfree. I learnt lot of things from there.. Really helped me to grow myself. I improved my skills and leadership skills. Great culture to work with them..
The company bought us in as p/t casual workers & full time union workers w/o benefits under the collective barging & merger of 2007.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Under the collective barging agreement as mentioned, we were bought in as p/t casual workers but f/t union workers. Sadly to say, the only thing I got out of was that I still remain a Teamster. The company had to much emphasis placed on hiring & firing in hiring workers weekly which created a high turnover rate
Pros
Teamster Union
Cons
short breaks & lack of insurance & job security
Union based trucking company
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2018
YRC was a union trucking company. It has the usual benefits and drawbacks of a union operation. The pay and benefits were based on the negotiated contact and were comparable to most large trucking companies.

Overall a good place to work, with several opportunities for positions/advancement.
Overall it was a great place to work in the shop.
Diesel Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Making sure the drivers leave the yard in a timely manor.Trouble shooting problems with trucks trailers and forklifts.Management is there to perform the paperwork and answer phones.Work culture was a positive work place were work was distributed equally.Troulbeshooting the problem and repairing it in a timely manor.Learning and solving the problems that arise.
sucked
Weight & Inspection Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Horrible how they treat women. They have poor working conditions with management trying thier best to run me out of the place...no place for women.understandable
Pros
Cons
a job
Run as fast as you can
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2018
The industry is dying. Most companies are using a 3rd party vendor. YRC is not even in the dome watching XPO & FedEx battle each other. Operation Manager is clueless and not helpful in the sales arena. All the drivers and dock employees are depressed.
Pros
Create work hours & territory is manageable
Cons
Management in every division is poor with poor communication
Was ok for an part time job,very demanding .
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 2, 2018
needs to be better pay and you are working in an open warehouse with no heat.supervisors where ok but the head person was not so nice,great for an partime but long time no.
cut throat
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 2, 2018
good health insurance and descent pay. not much home time. you spend your off time sleeping waiting for the next phone call to go to work. Not a job for a family man or woman............
It was an extremely busy workplace but compensated well.
District Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 2, 2018
I was the District Pricing Coordinator for the Southern Region which included the states of MS, AL, FL and LA. I coordinated discount pricing programs for our customers. The terminal manager and sales reps. would negotiate the discount, submit to me and I would set up the program online to forward to our home office in Akron, OH. I was responsible for producing charts, graphs and pertinent information for District meetings. It was a very demanding workplace. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the employees from all over the country. It is amazing how you become a family.
Good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  9933 Beverly blvd Pico Rivera ca. 90660January 1, 2018
Knowledge of commercial driving and regulationas and area roads. Loading and unload truck using pallet jack or forklift.customer service, shipping and receiving, and pick up and dliveries.
This was a temporary job for me
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PADecember 28, 2017
Working for Roadway was a temporary, part time job for me. I used this to supplement my income. The job was fast paced and required heavy lifting but was a typical dock work position.
great for new drivers
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
union company, great benefits, but the on call can be stressful. being at the bottom of the list make it hard to get go runs. team driving is ok, but its hard to sleep not knowing how well the other person can drive. the anytime phone calls to get to work can make it hard for family time and personal time.
Company used to be a very enjoyable and challenging place of employment
General Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 27, 2017
There's no growth opportunity, poor management, not customer driven. The company would be much more successful if it encouraged and enforced a team-work environment.
Pros
Excellent Medical benefits
Cons
guaranteed hours
advantages but I saw the disadvantages more
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 26, 2017
In your 30 day probation time no one wants to explain what it is that you need to do and it is frustrating.They work you to death you basically work get enough sleep to work again. I need more stability than that. Plus this is a union job which has benefits but also disadvantages. Newbies don't get benefits like veterans, a veteran can request to have your load if they want- that's basically stealing your dinner for your family and that's unfair. There are also things that veterans have just because they are veterans. I didn't like it but for others this may be just up their ally if they can get thru probation era.
If you got Hustle and are not afraid to work hard you'll be fine
Dock Worker/City Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 23, 2017
Just started 2 months ago as a local city p&d driver. Got a good bid - 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. But they let me come in 2 hours early starting at 8 a.m. So I have 2 hours overtime built in every day - and most of the time - I work Beyond 6:30 pm - so I can catch an hour or so overtime at the end of my day. I average about 55 hours over 5 days Monday through Friday home every night with weekends off. And of course 100% Teamsters medical coverage - lots of other great benefits here - but again - you have to have Hustle and not be afraid to work hard. No room for slackers of cry babies in #881 Salt Lake City Utah. You got to get it done....
Pros
Plenty of CDL A work
Cons
Junk equipment
New truck drive you crazy beep honk ding noise
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago Hts, ILDecember 23, 2017
Junk equipment dirty grease wear out pair of gloves every 2 week push push push no time off they think bid are great things bids suck no time off don't plan home time don't plan Christmas don't plan Thanksgiving just don't plan it sucks
Pros
No free lunch dwork like dog
Cons
Yrc is a con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YRC Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9