YRC Worldwide Inc. Employee Reviews

Micro Management
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2017
As a Manager with experience in all aspects of operations, I was not allowed to run my terminal or do my job that fit the local marketplace and employees. I was constantly told how I would manage my people, run my terminal, and report out every operations day. Entirely too many conference calls, too many daily reports to send to hire management - with 95% of them totally unnecessary, just simply making sure your are spending every hour how THEY want you to spend it. Their is zero empowerment from upper management to the most critical aspect of the company - The local facility managers. I would not recommend this company to anyone that is intelligent, a self starter, and good manager.
Seems so/so
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 22, 2017
I have been here for a little over a year, its different working for a union based company that thinks they run everything here. if management would step up and enforce what they should then it would run a lot better.
Disappointing
Operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2017
Company had a merger (yellow freight/roadway express) went from one of the best to the worst ive ever worked for. Froze pension which help me decide to retire early. Did not provide service to its customers or employees.
Pros
Cons
Service
Excellent company to work for.
Billing/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at YRC Worldwide. The management was okay, but other employees were great to work with. I was employed there for 10 years and through all the changes the company endured, the employees were always considered a priority.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management changed way too often
A Hefty Commitment
Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 27, 2017
Working at YRC means working hard everyday without receiving any credit or thanks from those above you. With this comes a lack of advancement opportunities and no hope of receiving a pay increase for the foreseeable future.
Pros
Easy to be hired into
Cons
Expensive healthcare, Low wages, No advancement opportunity
non productive
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJune 7, 2017
YRC formerly Yellow Freight.The Middle-level management and lower level management not very knowledgeable; no personal communication skills they don't understand the concept of helping people work better
Pros
the pay is ok
Cons
management not very knowledgeable
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 3, 2017
YRC is very supportive of their employees. There is a sense of pride that is developed working for them. Training is thorough. I would recommend working here
Improving
Application Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 5, 2017
Very relaxed and understanding and helpful management. Nice coworkers and helpful for the most part. And great employee's club that is extremely friendly that tries to push to make themselves known. There used to be more retirement parties than anything and a lot of people are planning for retirement. But, there's a friendly surge of younger employees.
But there is a heavy work load for a lot of people so it takes a little time for many things to get done. But they are starting to promote more internally driven innovation and learning opportunities for their employees.
Pros
great people
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Long days good pay
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 30, 2017
12 hour shifts, but good pay. Lots of shifting around in higher management. Lots of room for growth if willing to move around the country. Not extremely structured.
Stay Away
Management (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 28, 2017
Company not profitable and there has been no pay increases in several years and the overall job moral is terrible.

Promises were made and never delivered.
Pros
Good Pay / Benefits
Working for YRC
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I had a lot of fun working for this company. Do to their flexible hours I was able to attend school while working and allowing me the chance to work diverse shifts and always kept me in work.

I met a lot of good people and though the job was very enjoyable it wasn't always easy. There were days where I was faced with many obstacles but that is one of the many things I enjoyed about the job.

Most the time if there was a trailer that needed to be loading and no one else would touch it the supervisors would come to me and I did it gladly as I always enjoy doing the work that discourages others from going into it.
Yellow/Roadway: Two of the largest ltl carriers merged creating the largest ltl transportation company with good training for sales force.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2016
Sales Executive managing top accounts.
Negotiating on a daily basis to provide a win win for both customer and company.
Management provided all the resources needed to be successful.
Teamwork was vital in the companies success.
The hardest part of this job was being able to travel and meet daily face to face with customers due to the traffic congestion. However, the enjoyable part is landing good customers and building relationships.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Excessive/redundant admin or paperwork
Great Company
Account Executive, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2016
Great company I enjoyed my time and the work very much, but unfortunatly the company direction changed and I need to make an adjustment in my career direction.

Fast paced environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2016
The environment was very fast paced and the shifts were 12 hour long, four times a week sometimes more. The workload was a bit much since there was a shortage of supervisors.
productive customer service work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJuly 18, 2016
taking inbound calls regarding freight being delivered, rate quotes on freight, questions about on time delivery, and shortages and damages
Pros
good work environment
Cons
angry customers
Job/Work Balance does not match up.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maspeth, NYMay 18, 2016
You work 12 hour days, could never take a day off if you're ill, and there are no opportunities for career advancement. The technology the company uses is antiquated and outdated.
Pros
Cons
Long Days with an inadequated pay
Rough place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2016
Overall this was not an enjoyable place to work. The hours were fair but the capabilities of management were seemingly limited.
avoid
Shift Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2016
The most hostile work environment I have ever been in. Nothing positive to say. Pay is decent, but nothing else is redeeming. I left as quickly as I could.
Productive workplace with good, hard working people.
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maybrook, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day requires, showing up ready to work hard in a fast paced environment for 12 hours. I have learned a great deal of management experience due to the amount of employees and the volume of freight we have to through daily as a team. Upper management is very knowledgeable of operations and guides us in any area that we are lacking. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency in the industry. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the people I work with and how we solve problems as a team.
Pros
Great people, good pay, and good benefits.
Cons
No breaks and long days.
Small company feeling within the culture
Software Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2016
One of the closest companies to military camaraderie. The IT organization is strong and people really try to help one another.
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
compensation is not quite up to industry standards