YRC Worldwide Inc. Employee Reviews

Long days good pay
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 30, 2017
12 hour shifts, but good pay. Lots of shifting around in higher management. Lots of room for growth if willing to move around the country. Not extremely structured.
Stay Away
Management (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 28, 2017
Company not profitable and there has been no pay increases in several years and the overall job moral is terrible.

Promises were made and never delivered.
Pros
Good Pay / Benefits
Working for YRC
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I had a lot of fun working for this company. Do to their flexible hours I was able to attend school while working and allowing me the chance to work diverse shifts and always kept me in work.

I met a lot of good people and though the job was very enjoyable it wasn't always easy. There were days where I was faced with many obstacles but that is one of the many things I enjoyed about the job.

Most the time if there was a trailer that needed to be loading and no one else would touch it the supervisors would come to me and I did it gladly as I always enjoy doing the work that discourages others from going into it.
Yellow/Roadway: Two of the largest ltl carriers merged creating the largest ltl transportation company with good training for sales force.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2016
Sales Executive managing top accounts.
Negotiating on a daily basis to provide a win win for both customer and company.
Management provided all the resources needed to be successful.
Teamwork was vital in the companies success.
The hardest part of this job was being able to travel and meet daily face to face with customers due to the traffic congestion. However, the enjoyable part is landing good customers and building relationships.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Excessive/redundant admin or paperwork
Great Company
Account Executive, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2016
Great company I enjoyed my time and the work very much, but unfortunatly the company direction changed and I need to make an adjustment in my career direction.

Fast paced environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2016
The environment was very fast paced and the shifts were 12 hour long, four times a week sometimes more. The workload was a bit much since there was a shortage of supervisors.
productive customer service work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJuly 18, 2016
taking inbound calls regarding freight being delivered, rate quotes on freight, questions about on time delivery, and shortages and damages
Pros
good work environment
Cons
angry customers
Job/Work Balance does not match up.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maspeth, NYMay 18, 2016
You work 12 hour days, could never take a day off if you're ill, and there are no opportunities for career advancement. The technology the company uses is antiquated and outdated.
Pros
Cons
Long Days with an inadequated pay
Rough place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2016
Overall this was not an enjoyable place to work. The hours were fair but the capabilities of management were seemingly limited.
avoid
Shift Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2016
The most hostile work environment I have ever been in. Nothing positive to say. Pay is decent, but nothing else is redeeming. I left as quickly as I could.
Productive workplace with good, hard working people.
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maybrook, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day requires, showing up ready to work hard in a fast paced environment for 12 hours. I have learned a great deal of management experience due to the amount of employees and the volume of freight we have to through daily as a team. Upper management is very knowledgeable of operations and guides us in any area that we are lacking. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency in the industry. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the people I work with and how we solve problems as a team.
Pros
Great people, good pay, and good benefits.
Cons
No breaks and long days.
Small company feeling within the culture
Software Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2016
One of the closest companies to military camaraderie. The IT organization is strong and people really try to help one another.
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
compensation is not quite up to industry standards
Management is very understandable when it comes to medical appointments
Revenue Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 12, 2016
I am just a contractor, so I don't get the same perks as if I was actual employee of YRC, but I have enjoyed contracting there for almost a year.
Pros
The managers actually know how to manage
Cons
Being a contractor verses being a hired emploee
Great company with good benefits
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 6, 2016
A company with opportunities for growth and new positions. Extensive product offerings in the logistics market place.
Pros
Good benefits, competitive pay, balanced work life
Cons
Slow to change, hard to move outside of practices in place
An ok place to work
W & I Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
Coworkers were the best part of the job. Most willing to cooperate and work with you. I learned to Master the NMFC Tariffs. One of the hardest parts was to meet or exceed the inflated goals during the slow months.
Pros
Helping the shippers to understand the correct NMFC Item Numbers to use for their freight.
Cons
Upper management doesn't always support the front-line supervisors.
Great Company to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bloomington,CAAugust 31, 2015
I truly enjoy YRC Freight and would not leave if I didn't have to family to Santa Barbara, CA. The management team in Southern, CA is one of the best management teams I've had the pleasure of working with.
Average Pay
Relay Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 7, 2015
Fair place to work. Fair equipment. Deliver loads to satellite terminals. Must chain up in winter time to get loads to destinations in running time.
Pros
fairly good routes to drive.
Cons
Could have more daytime start times.
Good starter job
Financial Analyst - Procurement Strategy (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2015
I was able to learn many good habits and grow professionally here, but there is no more room to grow. Overall YRC is a good place to work, but I wouldn't plan on making it a lifelong career.
Pros
Your knowledge expands as quickly as you are willing to learn.
Cons
Needs more structure
fast paced, always on your feet, have to be toally focused at job onhand
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILNovember 8, 2014
Once job learned typical day was good, I accomplished to learn a lot, most of the management weren't the go getters unless it was crunch time, all coworkers were cool , hardest part of job is coming into some one else's mess and you have to clean it up and also do your job. The enjoyable part was when we worked 7days on and 7 days off.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, bonuses at times
Cons
no lunches, dresscode, computer upgrades
Great Work Place
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2014
Basically making sure trucks go where they are supposed to im a supervisor over everything been there almost 30 years very much experienced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YRC Worldwide Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9